Equipping for Style

+
Heya,

one of the things I like the most is the visual impact, the clothing styles in the game.
It's an awesome differentiator between let's say Pacifica and the City Center.
Playing with lots of pedestrians, it gives a totally different flair.

Of course that also makes it loads of fun to style your character.
Or at least it would, if we really had a choice about it.
Which we don't.

In order to survive at higher difficulties, it becomes critical to gear for stats, not for style. So now I walk the streets with a yellow bandana (ugh) , a rocker jacket (ugh) a netrunner shirt (not quite as ugh) pants that would fit into a 1970s KungFu movie (ugh) and chromed dancing boots that probably look good on a female character (male; ughx2). Oh, and my mantis-blade arms are so obviously artificial and I got nothing to cover it.

But I wanted to be corpo-militaristic, not punk!

Yeah right, so ... I want some control over my style without having to trade in performance.
Maybe a second set of equipment that doesn't affect stats, but controls optics (and doesn't factor into weight)

Thoughts, anybody?

I think I'm gonna be in the same boat soon...
all this mismatching clothing... I just want to wear a militaristic black and silver/gold
outfit... fuck all the rest of them playing "Johnny dress-up"...
but, I am stuck wearing for stats not style... Aaarrrggg!!!

I agree with this, Cyberware components and mods should be for armour and other resistance perks and clothes should just be cosmetic. There is, however, a way of making your character look how you want them to but also benefit from having decent armour, it's not ideal and would require a lot of grinding but that is to upgrade your existing clothes using crafting components from looting and disassembling other items.

Grim Dawn has a game mechanic where:
if you get a piece of equipment...
you can keep the stats, but change the look to any previously found equipment (of the same type)
(and for a small in-game currency fee)

they need that here...

Yeah a transmog feature is really needed... There are a few "special clothing sets" that cover the outfits but so far I've only found 4 (and I can only find four mentioned online) whereof only one is somewhat cool (the virtual jumpsuit).
I really want CDPR to deliver on their whole "style over substance" and "style is key" promise. Right now nothing matters except stats. I wanna look cool ;_;

Grim Dawn has a game mechanic where:
if you get a piece of equipment...
you can keep the stats, but change the look to any previously found equipment (of the same type)
(and for a small in-game currency fee)

they need that here...
Assassin's Creed Odyssey has this feature too, it's very neat and CP needs it desperately.

I am throwing away decent armour because it doesn't match and make my character look like someone who doesn't have a full length mirror.

I am throwing away decent armour because it doesn't match and make my character look like someone who doesn't have a full length mirror.
From Reddit
ek02fz0bb4661.jpg
:D

You can totally equip for style:

This is my new V:

i plan on keeping that jacket as long as possible.. (or till i find the same but with better stats)

Attachments

• image_2020-12-29_183835.png
    image_2020-12-29_183835.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
  • V.jpg
    V.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom