Eredin says 12 sentences during the whole game and.....

+
Eredin: Zireal, if you don't get on this boat with me, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Ciri: Of course Eredin, my dear. I liked you from the start. I will never forget when we first met in Tir na Lia, when you gave me that flower.Myrtle, was it? Let's go!
Fixed. :D

Yeah, baby...why not?

Ciri : Goodbye Geralt...Me and Eredin are getting married and we'll live in Tir na Lia.
Geralt : Are you serious!? You want to marry that bastard? He was hunting and torturing me since 2007...Godammit, girl...You are my destiny, don't do this to me. Please.
Ciri : Piss off, Geralt. This is my story.

That last line... :respect:

Now, with THIS dialogue the bad ending would finally make any sense. This was some real motivation to justify suicidal tendency... :rolleyes:

suicidal tendency
I didn't believe in this until replaying the game...And:
???
:wallbash:

Ciri : Goodbye Geralt...Me and Eredin are getting married and we'll live in Tir na Lia.
Geralt : Are you serious!? You want to marry that bastard? He was hunting and torturing me since 2007...Godammit, girl...You are my destiny, don't do this to me. Please.
Ciri : Piss off, Geralt. This is my story
This is the best ending! :D

Would be great to hear if the issues with Eredin and the Wild Hunt also "didn't fit your core philosophy"@CDP? Looking at your Witcher 1 and 2 antagonists, which weren't bland and "just evil" I would have said yes but it's seems the proirities shifted from "better story" to "better romances"
But only if CDP thinks the main antagonist and leader of the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt deserves a bit of the attention Triss got in the game.
Because currently I have my doubts, looking that only the Triss thread get's any responses.
Mediocre story? Dumbed down politics? Djikstra going rampage? Caranthir having no characterization? Eredin having 14 lines? Radovid going mad for no reason? Who cares. The most important thing seems to be more romance time for Triss.

Would be great to hear if the issues with Eredin and the Wild Hunt also "didn't fit your core philosophy"@CDP? Looking at your Witcher 1 and 2 antagonists, which weren't bland and "just evil" I would have said yes but it's seems the proirities shifted from "better story" to "better romances"
But only if CDP thinks the main antagonist and leader of the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt deserves a bit of the attention Triss got in the game.
Because currently I have my doubts, looking that only the Triss thread get's any responses.
Mediocre story? Dumbed down politics? Djikstra going rampage? Caranthir having no characterization? Eredin having 14 lines? Radovid going mad for no reason? Who cares. The most important thing seems to be more romance time for Triss.

I made this same point in the Triss thread and got my head chewed off. I agree with you, its very unfortunate that the community is so focused on some Triss fanservice (as if 3 games of romancing her somehow wasn´t enough) that major story issues like the ones you listed end up getting overlooked. Almost feels like a mass effect discussion in here sometimes with the rampant waifu focus, and I feel it will ultimately end up costing the game.

Can't believe the nonsense surrounding 'lack of' Triss content. Seriously, she was heavily featured in two entire games before Witcher 3 and people still rage about there not being enough Triss content. Meanwhile, the 3rd most important character in this game, Eredin, continues to be overlooked.

I would've thought lack of Wild Hunt content in a game called 'The WILD HUNT' would be a far more obvious and pressing problem to resolve, but no, romancing Triss is more important...

Last edited:
This is one of the most underrated threads on this forum. It is beyond comprehension how can the only character, besides Geralt and Ciri, sharing the front cover of their story be so utterly under developed and just disappointing.

The first post nailed it, with listing his dialogue lines, better than anything else. It's comical, like Bowser from Super Mario.

Unfortunately, this issue, although being one of the most important ones, does not fit their choice and consequence breakdown, so the chances of them finding a quick fix are small. Especially since Eredin is in a heavy need of a shit ton of writing, voice acting and game-play choreography.

For what it's worth, I've added this thread to the list of issues in my petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka the completed version of Witcher 3.

Can't believe the nonsense surrounding 'lack of' Triss content. Seriously, she was heavily featured in two entire games before Witcher 3 and people still rage about there not being enough Triss content. Meanwhile, the 3rd most important character in this game, Eredin, continues to be overlooked.

I would've thought lack of Wild Hunt content in a game called 'The WILD HUNT' would be a far more obvious and pressing problem to resolve, but no, romancing Triss is more important...

The problem is, fundamentally, Eredin is a coward. He sends an army of soldiers to hunt after Ciri since she's fifteen years old and intends to impregnate her by force.

That kind of character doesn't deserve any sort of respect.

He deserves to die like he did, as an animal.

Sadly, like Radovid, there's no real way to link the character of the Witcher 1 with the one of Wild Hunt because their fundamentals are too different.

The problem is, fundamentally, Eredin is a coward. He sends an army of soldiers to hunt after Ciri since she's fifteen years old and intends to impregnate her by force.

That kind of character doesn't deserve any sort of respect.

He deserves to die like he did, as an animal.

Sadly, like Radovid, there's no real way to link the character of the Witcher 1 with the one of Wild Hunt because their fundamentals are too different.

Eredin is not a coward though, he is a king, he may have gotten paranoid over a certain white frost but did you see him cower in fear when it was time to fight? He has a lot to lose if he dies and he is a general at the same time, the future of his race depends on him in his eyes so he sees himself dying first in a melee fight to be a stupid idea (which it is).

I have the same view, the forum lately has gotten ridiculous, I don't know if the hardcore community I used to see either left or the new fanbase is (and I do mean this as respectfully as possibly) mostly new fans coming over from Bioware's fans that played only W2 and W3, because from what I have personally seen, the new fanbase does not care what the old one used to care about (a damn good story that makes sense and is consistent).

I have the same view, the forum lately has gotten ridiculous, I don't know if the hardcore community I used to see either left or the new fanbase is (and I do mean this as respectfully as possibly) mostly new fans coming over from Bioware's fans that played only W2 and W3, because from what I have personally seen, the new fanbase does not care what the old one used to care about (a damn good story that makes sense and is consistent).

Seems like all you need to do is slap Triss on the game cover with Geralt and sales would skyrocket for eternity right now...

True...
There are other threads that deserve a response also...but nothing....bit disappointing i have to say...

---------- Updated at 10:08 AM ----------

..begun the Eredin wars have ..

:shock:

Well,At least I never considered to gwent Eredin...But yes,I also Eredin truly deserves more...
Picturing TW3 is a movie.The actor who plays Eredin and the audience will both have same strange feeling and question after watching it.......
But whatever,maybe changing antagonist and changing romance are just too different for them.

I don't mind them fixing Triss, as a book purist I went with Yen, so my second playthrough with Triss will be better. I'm in no rush to do it.

It's just a bit perplexing that fixing Eredin wasn't on the top of to do list.

Maybe, if we get this thread to 800 pages, some magic will happen?

I would really like to see some flashbacks or at least Avallac'h could tell us a bit more about his falling out with Eredin. Explain his motives and a sudden change of character from the books.

A flashback to the time when Yen and Geralt dealt with the Hunt for the first time (aka prologue to Witcher 2) is desperately needed imo. A well done flashback would give Eredin and the Hunt much more context and background (especially for people who don't know the books) and it would also improve the whole backstory after Geralt got his complete memory back (especially for people who don't know the previous games).

Should be quite high on the list of priority fixes for CDPR.

Top Bottom