Eredin says 12 sentences during the whole game and.....

+
Any chance to get some statement regarding the issues with Eredin and the Wild Hunt? There were RED's comments to each of the below listed problems, but complete silence regarding Eredin. A simple "we don't agree with 12-lines Eredin having too little characterization" would be at least something.
A lot of people think this is one of the main problems with the game, so maybe we could get an answer?

Agree with OP!

I have to admit that i was a bit let down by the characterization of Eredin and the whole Wild Hunt on the WItcher 3, even the Witcher 1 had more interaction with him, hell even the Witcher 2 offered more background info/lore about them in the forms of books, and so...

Any chance to get some statement regarding the issues with Eredin and the Wild Hunt? There were RED's comments to each of the below listed problems, but complete silence regarding Eredin. A simple "we don't agree with 12-lines Eredin having too little characterization" would be at least something.
A lot of people think this is one of the main problems with the game, so maybe we could get an answer?

I hope they do give an answer, but CDPR's main priority is to finish the expansions first, I just hope they don't neglect this issue over "More of Waifu Triss" because that would be a dumb move by them to be honest.

This reddit poll asks the wrong questions...

I think that the complete Wild Hunt plot was missed potential. The first time i saw Eredin and his crew i was really amazed. They looked great from the game design point of view. They could awake a dose of awe but just at the first sight. Some time later as the story unfolds, you get the weid feeling that neither Geralt nor Ciri or any of the sorceresses would have any problems defeating any of the three Wild Hunt bosses in a 1 on 1 fight.

Eredin even pales in comparison to Imlerith who definitely had some savagery that could drive the fear in your bones. I dont want to even mention that we didnt see Caranthir under his mask, that was just an epic fail. First of all there was barely any Wild Hunt content even the game is called so. Second, no Wild hunt boss has the depth or intelligence a Letho or Alderberg had in their stories. The whole Wild Hunt thing feels just so false and shallow in comparison to the previous games, its quite embarassing even. Eredin has only 12 sentences, Imlerith 3 and Caranthir doesnt even say a lousy word. Thats just not good storytelling.

If i'd like to be cynical enough, i would even say that Eredin couldn't even beat Letho in a fair fight, even if the latter would fight with his bare fists and Eredin would be dual wielding his scary swords. Sorry but no mature and decent gamer can take the Wild Hunt villains seriously.

No he doesn't. He clearly states he doesn't remember most, if anything, during his time as a rider of the wild hunt. Avalach is the only one who actually tells Geralt that he fought Eredin's projection at the lighthouse in the world destroyed by the White Frost, and that Ciri fought him aswell to save Geralt from the Hunt. In fact, if you don't know much about the books or the red riders, Avalach's explanation makes you think Ciri is being hunted by Eredin because she took Geralt from his clutches, which ends up being a contradiction to the whole "I wanna kill Ciri before her elder blood offspring destroy my world" thing.

The Wild Hunt was haunting Geralt in the 1st game meaning they always wanted the Hunt to be a highly significant plot element for the trilogy, and when they do make the 3rd game, which happens to be titled Wild Hunt, the Hunt plays more of a secondary role for a large part of the game. They only show up chasing Yennefer and Geralt after White Orchard, and then disappear until you find Ciri in the Isle of Mists. So, suddenly after White Orchard the Hunt loses all kind of interest in Yen and Geralt? What's the point of that cutscene with them being chased by the Hunt? It would make sense they wouldn't do anything while you're running around inside Novigrad for example, seeing as that would draw unwanted attention on them, but not haunting Geralt in Velen, even if only on spectral form doesn't make much sense imo.
In one hand we have the premise that Eredin doesn't really see Geralt as a threat, which doesn't make much sense after what was seen during W1, but i could understand that. In the other hand though you have the fact that the Hunt actually tried to catch or kill Geralt and Yen while they're travelling to Vizima, to meet the Emperor and learn that Ciri is back in the witcher world, but once they do get there, the Hunt doesn't try to stop them anymore. To me it seems inconsistent... At least having Geralt try to learn more about his time as a Red Rider, when his amnesia was such a big deal during W1 and W2, would seem natural. After all humans are curious by nature, and even if Geralt is a mutant, he's still human... Eredin also clearly showed an interest in him and his actions during W1, so far as saying that in the end his choices only ended up creating more pain and suffering for those involved. But then suddenly Eredin doesn't care about him, his actions or even see him as a threat even though during the flashbacks on W2 Geralt is seen killing many riders once they take Yen, and later kills lots more at the Hanged Man's Tree with Letho and the other 2 Viper school witchers. Eredin even goes as far as calling him his greatest champion in W1 due to the chaos and death that followed him, and yet he didn't think Geralt would try to foil his every plan to catch Ciri? That he wouldn't do anything to defend her? A villain that is supposed to be a conqueror and a powerful military leader that does not try to stop the single BIGGEST threat to his plan seems rather idiotic. So in conclusion, Eredin is either supposed to have the intelligence of a chicken or was outright badly written. The way the game is right now regarding the Hunt, Imlerith is much more a villain than Eredin could ever be, seeing as him killing Vesemir has a much greater impact in the story than Eredin ever does with his bad one liners. Hell, Imlerith killing Vesemir makes Ciri lose control and nearly destroy Kaer Morhen along with everyone she deeply cares about.
Eredin is just too passive to actually have any relevance to the story as it is.

Regarding Letho and his disappearance for a big part of W2, it's different. It actually made sense storywise. Letho was for all purposes an assassin of kings. He wouldn't be a very good assassin, something that would assume a certain degree of stealth and deceit, if he was always showing up around every corner. With the Hunt should be the exact opposite though, they should be much more visible since they're considered an omen of war/natural disaster by most while some don't even believe they're real, both things that any good military leader would use to his advantage, even more so considering the witcher world is in chaos and at war.

Spot on! Exactly this is one of the best explanations i've read about what went wrong with the Wild Hunt. All the Wild Hunt bosses aren't shown properly, the omen of war thing wasn't of any importance in the game, kidnapping children and slavery was also no topic. And your analysis regarding Imlerith is exactly one of the best examples how badly the whole Wild Hunt plot is written.

Last edited:
I hope they do give an answer, but CDPR's main priority is to finish the expansions first

I don't think that CD Projekt RED is neglecting anything and I also think that those other issues are just as important as this one. Some of them are more important (imo) and a lot of other people would agree with me on that one. The Wild Hunt is dangerous, they're not a group of bandits walking around the sidewalks, their appearance and their encounters is not something that should be taken lightly.

I just hope they don't neglect this issue over "More of Waifu Triss" because that would be a dumb move by them to be honest.

From my experience, there is a "queue" for that sort of thing, which highly depends on when you pointed out that specific issue and brought it to the company's attention. So, I'd say, if CD Projekt RED chooses to address this issue first and get it fixed while there is other more pressing issues that was pointed out before that, with a lot more people supporting it, while knowing that those people are literately not playing and waiting for them to fix that specific issue, that would be the wrong thing to do (imo).

CD Projekt RED not doing anything about a "problem" that was reported probably means that they didn't see it as a "problem". But I don't think that's what's happening here. There is a lot of stuff being asked from them to do at the moment, improving the game stability will always come first and after that, the "queue" will start processing those other requests and taking them under consideration.

I know this isn't the topic for it, but I'd never ask for more Eredin than Triss. Her romance is filled with inconsistencies and plot holes that requires some serious attention, other people picking a different romance option or not caring about romance at all doesn't make this issue less worthy of the company's time, we've been building an emotional attachment with that character over the last 8 years of playing the games. I'm not the only one feeling this way about it, there are over 1300 people on the forums who can tell you the same exact thing.

P.S.

That doesn't mean that I wasn't disappointed by the lack of interaction with Eredin, I felt that he said more in The Witcher 1 than he did in The Witcher 3. But, It all comes down to priorities.

Last edited:
From my experience, there is a "queue" for that sort of thing, which highly depends on when you pointed out that specific issue and brought it to the company's attention. So, I'd say, if CD Projekt RED chooses to address this issue first and get it fixed while there is other more pressing issues that was pointed out before that, with a lot more people supporting it, while knowing that those people are literately not playing and waiting for them to fix that specific issue, that would be the wrong thing to do (imo).

CD Projekt RED not doing anything about a "problem" that was reported probably means that they didn't see it as a "problem". But I don't think that's what's happening here. There is a lot of stuff being asked from them to do at the moment, improving the game stability will always come first and after that, the "queue" will start processing those other requests and taking them under consideration.

I know this isn't the topic for it, but I'd never ask for more Eredin than Triss. Her romance is filled with inconsistencies and plot holes that requires some serious attention, other people picking a different romance option or not caring about romance at all doesn't make this issue less worthy of the company's time, we've been building an emotional attachment with that character over the last 8 years of playing the games. I'm not the only one feeling this way about it, there are over 1300 people on the forums who can tell you the same exact thing.

P.S.

That doesn't mean that I wasn't disappointed by the lack of interaction with Eredin, I felt that he said more in The Witcher 1 than he did in The Witcher 3. But, It all comes down to priorities.

While I do agree that CDPR need to improve the game's stability first and foremost, here is where I will respectfully disagree.

I understand that people have had emotional attachment to Triss throughout when the first game came out, I understand that. However, when it comes to Witcher 3's story, the romances do not really matter in the grand scheme of things, we can either choose Yennefer (who was important in the books so it really puts things into perspective as well) or Triss (who has had a lot of content in the previous games already) ,but, you can also refuse both of them and go alone, so, after all is said and done, you would have to face the "main bad guys", the "nemesis of both Geralt and Ciri", the nightmares of both of them, the main reason why the games took place story-wise, The Wild Hunt.

While I do undestand that the amount of Triss content is really underwhelming after a certain point in the story, hell, I would be also pissed if that was done to Yennefer as well, however, when it comes to importance, the main antagonists objectively deserve more attention because of that fact that they would be faced by everyone who played the game whether he/she picked Triss or Yennefer or got rekt by both or none at all, that is my reasoning, adding more content of a "romance option character" would not really add more to the game's story, but, I do want that to happen to Triss, eventually, when the main problem of the game (which is the rushed last act and poor handling of the Aen Elle) is maybe fixed by CDPR if they can fix it, that is my view on it.

While I do agree that CDPR need to improve the game's stability first and foremost, here is where I will respectfully disagree.

I understand that people have had emotional attachment to Triss throughout when the first game came out, I understand that. However, when it comes to Witcher 3's story, the romances do not really matter in the grand scheme of things, we can either choose Yennefer (who was important in the books so it really puts things into perspective as well) or Triss (who has had a lot of content in the previous games already) ,but, you can also refuse both of them and go alone, so, after all is said and done, you would have to face the "main bad guys", the "nemesis of both Geralt and Ciri", the nightmares of both of them, the main reason why the games took place story-wise, The Wild Hunt.

While I do undestand that the amount of Triss content is really underwhelming after a certain point in the story, hell, I would be also pissed if that was done to Yennefer as well, however, when it comes to importance, the main antagonists objectively deserve more attention because of that fact that they would be faced by everyone who played the game whether he/she picked Triss or Yennefer or got rekt by both or none at all, that is my reasoning, adding more content of a "romance option character" would not really add more to the game's story, but, I do want that to happen to Triss, eventually, when the main problem of the game (which is the rushed last act and poor handling of the Aen Elle) is maybe fixed by CDPR if they can fix it, that is my view on it.

I disagree with some of it, but nonetheless, I respect your point of view and I wish you'll be able to get more of it out.

I have no expectations of having anything getting fixed anytime soon whether it's the inconsistencies in Tirss's romance or the issues with the Aen Elle and Eredin, due to the other issues with the patches and game performance. I think if CDPR give their attention to those other matters, it will end up delaying the release of the expansion and I'd rather avoid that, I think we all do, from that point on, I hope they do go through those requests while considering the "queue" and the fact that most of us really stopped playing due to the issue I brought up earlier.

I disagree with some of it, but nonetheless, I respect your point of view and I wish you'll be able to get more of it out.

I have no expectations of having anything getting fixed anytime soon whether it's the inconsistencies in Tirss's romance or the issues with the Aen Elle and Eredin, due to the other issues with the patches and game performance. I think if CDPR give their attention to those other matters, it will end up delaying the release of the expansion and I'd rather avoid that, I think we all do, from that point on, I hope they do go through those requests while considering the "queue" and the fact that most of us really stopped playing due to the issue I brought up earlier.
Well at least CDP acknowledged the problems with the Triss romance and you know that they will try to improve the current situation.
I would love to hear if CDp actually thinks that there is a problem with 12- lines- Eredin and the other Wild Hunt guys or if they are supposed to be just that bland "big bad evil" or whatever CDP tried to achieve with their portrayal.

Yeah, let's not even mention Caleb Menge, which is even worse then Eredin. And both had so much potential.

---------- Updated at 06:56 PM ----------

P.S.

Let's say that the Triss romance shouldn't even be there, and Triss should just disappear after what she did in the books and in the games.
The only plot hole regards Triss is WTF happened between The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3, and why the hell she broke up with Geralt even if she SAID that would help Geralt in his quest to find Yen. But magically, TW3 start with Vesemir and there is no mention to Triss.

Well at least CDP acknowledged the problems with the Triss romance and you know that they will try to improve the current situation.
I would love to hear if CDp actually thinks that there is a problem with 12- lines- Eredin and the other Wild Hunt guys or if they are supposed to be just that bland "big bad evil" or whatever CDP tried to achieve with their portrayal.
they probably are aware, but it would require a rewriting of the entire plot to do and cost a fortune.

they probably are aware, but it would require a rewriting of the entire plot to do and cost a fortune.

OR just add something. Geralt's dreams, for example (he had orrible dreams, as he says to Ciri, but none of them are showed, except the one in the prologue).
Or for example, a playable scenario with a 15 years old Ciri, regard her time in Tir na Lia, her meeting with Eredin and at least, the part where Eredin poisoned his King, Ciri fought against him and there run away....

No need to rewrite the entire plot, they only need to add new scenes where Eredin says something that has an actual sense ( That village covered in frost, Hindarsfjall, Battle of Kaer Morhen, Isle of mists). Well, they could even re-introduce the cut content (WH attacks Novigrad) but it would be too good to be true.

No need to rewrite the entire plot, they only need to add new scenes where Eredin says something that has an actual sense ( That village covered in frost, Hindarsfjall, Battle of Kaer Morhen, Isle of mists). Well, they could even re-introduce the cut content (WH attacks Novigrad) but it would be too good to be true.

Or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRsNFKfOh4o&feature=youtu.be&t=1391

Or for example, this scene...what happened to it?

https://youtu.be/kbXvl7-XlaY?t=30

Or the attack on Novigrad and the search for Caranthir.

Seems Wild Hunt content was the number 1 target whenever something had to be cut.

---------- Updated at 09:39 PM ----------

soooo why did all this stuff get cut?

Only CDP knows. Maybe the Wild Hunt was a too big distraction from the romances?

Top Bottom