Error: Class 'CPlayerInput' already defined.

+
I get this error when trying to start the game after installing mods and running the script merger. How can I fix this?

Edit: Script merger

Last edited:
Use the tool called script merger to solve the script conflicts. Mod merger has nothing to do with the scripts. You dont even that tool since the mod limit fix released.

Use the tool called script merger to solve the script conflicts. Mod merger has nothing to do with the scripts. You dont even that tool since the mod limit fix released.

Script Merger is what I used, I just get the name of the numerous tools confused.

take some SS to show your merges via scriptmerger then.
And more specific info about your mod list , game version & script error lines.

I am running game version 1.32 on GOG.
This is the complete list of merges I have.
This is my list of mods as seen on Vortex. Additionally, I have installed the Unification Patch for 1.31 (I assume it still works on 1.32), All NPC Scabbards v1.22, Realistic Weather v 2.1, and Wolf Medallion Thin Streak manually.

The exact error I get is: Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\player\playerinput.ws(9): Class 'CPlayerInput' already defined.

Edit: I am willing to part with the mod(s) causing the error, if necessary and if it can be pinpointed.

First of all , open script merger & delete all the script merges, then exit.

I recommend you to install the community patch - base instead of unification patch. This one is better & up to date.
Just use the main file.

Do not use nmm or vortex to install the mods. Manual installation is always the best method, keep that in mind.
My another advice is uninstall all the mods that related to the gameplay. I can see that you've installed plenty of gameplay mods.
Then install the mods one by one, with all the necessary installtion steps. (bin, dlc & inputs..etc) Read the descriptions carefully. Launch script merger after each mod installation. See the conflicts & merge them. If the tool unable to resolve the conflicts automatically, then do some research about the manual merging. It's important.

Beware of the mod compatibility with other ones or your game version. That community patch base file will help you alot about it.

If those methods won't solve your issue, then check out this topic & post your script compilation error with current mod list.

Thank you, I am now in the process of installing as per your instructions.

Just one thing - do you think mods requiring the Unification Patch also works if I instead have the Community Patch - Base?

Yes, indeed. You may consider it like the community patch - base is a better and updated version of unification patch.

Last edited:
I followed your isntructions, installed all the mods I had before, but manually this time, and it's working like a charm! Thank you very much for your tips!

Top Bottom