Esc not Opening Main Menu

+
Esc not Opening Main Menu

So I searched the forums for this, but couldn't find anything about it. Hitting esc in game is no longer bringing up the main menu to save/load/quit/etc.... If I open any of the sub-windows (I/M/etc..) esc will still close them and take me back to the main view, but I can't save OR quit the game.....

Any ideas?

Edit: In case it helps, I've been playing for about 7 hours, it was working normally until just now. So it's not something that's just happened this time playing.

It's happened to me a few times since 2.0, for no apparent reason. I've always ended up just hitting F5 to save and then using the task manager to quit the game and restart.

I thought at first it was my keyboard, but it's working fine everywhere else.

ArcaneWeapon said:
Awesome, thanks! Didn't know F5 was a quick save.

Yup, but be careful if you start to rely on it. There's only one "quicksave", so every time you use it, it overwrites the previous one.

Happened to me also did what Dragonbird said . Only happened once so far though so I don't know if it is something that is going to be a common occurrence . It was right after I completed troll quest .

I don't think it's common. I'm almost finished my third playthrough since 2.0 and it's happened maybe three, four times. No obvious pattern though.

I found that saving (through quicksave) and reloading also does the trick, that is in getting the ESC key to work again.

Hi! I just got the game, pc version, and I'm experiencing the same problem of my ESC key not working in the game. I see that other players have this problem. Is there a fix for this?

Top Bottom