ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
omg this is hilarous XDDDDDD

---------- Updated at 07:53 AM ----------

It's a mess between the Nvidia drivers and the patches. I hope CDPR and Nvidia are collaborating. As of patch 1.04 I had to revert to driver 350.12 from 352.86. The game was simply unplayable. In addition to the game freezing, I would get crash to desktop and would either not launch or if it would the game would only run at half FPS. I would have to reboot in order to play the game again.

Reverting the drivers helped, but now my only problem is the freezing. I would hear the game unfreeze in the background, but the image would remain frozen, and whenever I alt-tab, the game would crash to desktop.
i concur ! this is a problem that i feel to be more related to nvidia than CDPR. they're still working on their new drivers to fix the issues, but they sure are taking their sweet time with it.

I haven't had a decent fucking game of this. 5- 10 mins freezing really fuckin pisses me off, especially when I bought this game over a week ago.

And you expect free cookie or some special bonus DLC for free from CDPR for this statement? :D This game is unplayable on high end cards high/ultra settings , plain and simple.

Running it on a 970 with no problem mixed high/ultra settings.

My only complaint is that 1.04 totally ruined the draw distance for foliage and i have extreme popins.

Good thing i already finished the game, because i sure as hell not continuing it until its fixed. Especially since i heard 1.04 savegame isnt compatible with 1.03 version of the game.

Tech support stopped responding to me once they realised id done all the fixes and could actually understand all the information they were telling me, then offering to help freely they just abandoned me. odd

Great! But what about decreased LOD, NPC pop-in, assets do not loading after 2ng game application start before windows restart and other tech issues?

THIS.
The LOD and pop-in is so weird, still don't understand if it's a side-effect of trying to improve performance or a bug.

Seems there are a lot of complaints about pop in, but I haven't had any pop in issues at all. Most of my issues have been with crashes, but I blame NVidia for that one and not CDPR.

1.04 brought some issues to me too. I don't play much now, because I'm quite busy, but still:

- Stuttering. A guy described it well here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40733-Rubberbanding
I have FPS 50-60 and when I move camera or Geralt it feels like Geralt has 500 ping. It's very uncomfortable to play like this. Anyway my FPS is still 50-60, so it can't be because of my PC. Also before these patches I had no such a trouble. I hope 1.05 fill fix it, otherwise we will have to wait more.

Plus, my latest driver always crashes, wierd trouble.

Last edited:
Hello Marcin, thank you for the information.

May I assume this includes the "King's Gambit"-quest and other Skellige based quests as well?

Yes. I'll try to post some of the changes coming to 1.05 soon.

---------- Zaktualizowano 11:12 ----------

Will this also fix the experience points bug?

That's correct. It's getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday.

We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding.

I don't have any crashes with Patch 1.04 (as long as I play in Borderless Window) & as long as I don't use NVIDIA Experience for streaming.

But the details of one characters (beard, hair and so on) goes off and on when it switches view in the cut scenes and dialogues.

I believe this is because if you move no more than 2 meter in-game from a character, it loses its details and hair loses details, Geralt loses beard and details in his hair.

Quite annoying when you see these things phase out and in all the time as dialogues are all the time when you play, of course.

Seems there are a lot of complaints about pop in, but I haven't had any pop in issues at all. Most of my issues have been with crashes, but I blame NVidia for that one and not CDPR.

Yeah, having to use code you can't look at and adjust yourself is kinda shady. It's probably just something in gameworks conflicting with another piece of code.

Black flag had the same crashes on a 760 and I'm sure more 7xx series and Watchdogs was also plagued with problems.

Yes. I'll try to post some of the changes coming to 1.05 soon.

---------- Zaktualizowano 11:12 ----------

That's correct. It's getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday.

We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding.

What about the decreased LOD and pop-ins?

Do i really have to go back to 1.03 and stay on that version from now if i dont want what 1.04 brought to graphics?

I can see the foliage/grass "grow out" right before me and i mean about like a few meters away from Geralt.
And i have NPC pop-ins everywhere, even buildings in Skellige at least.

I did NOT have these before 1.04.

Last edited:
Just give up. I have been trying to get official word on the pop-ins for more than a week, and did not achieve anything. The pop-in was introduced so that people with potatoes can buy the game as well. Shafting people with proper machines in the process. Pop-ins will stay, best thing we can do is get used to them.

Top Bottom