ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
1.05 is coming after the weekend. This patch will address majority of bugged quests.

Will 1.05 fix the low FPS issues people have been having during certain cutscenes, the main menu, and loading screens? That bug is stopping me from replaying the game right now.

What about the decreased LOD and pop-ins?

Do i really have to go back to 1.03 and stay on that version from now if i dont want what 1.04 brought to graphics?

I can see the foliage/grass "grow out" right before me and i mean about like a few meters away from Geralt.
And i have NPC pop-ins everywhere, even buildings in Skellige at least.

I did NOT have these before 1.04.

Have you tried messing with MipMapbias in your config, by chance?

Thank you all for your work, we all appreciate that. The game is awesome, but some bugs that can be fixed. It's not so critical.
However there's one thing that I would like to know, Could you, please, tell some information about timings? I mean the problem with the speed of speech in Russian localisation (I don't know, maybe others languages have this issue too). Devs probably have heard about that already.

As I've already said it's not so critical. Stuttering and other bugs that were mentioned here are much more important, to my mind.
Thanks.

I really hope the next patch will address the bugged Enhanced Northern Wind bomb recipe not showing up in the crafting menu after buying.
This is really very annoying.

No.
I havent the touched the .ini files or anything since im perfectly fine with the graphics and everything.

Well i was until 1.04.

1.0.4 introduced mipmapbias, which directly correlates with LOD distance. Nvidia has quite the compilation on tweaks and mipmapbias is among them. You can find the setting in your rendering.ini file.

1.0.4 introduced mipmapbias, which directly correlates with LOD distance. Nvidia has quite the compilation on tweaks and mipmapbias is among them. You can find the setting in your rendering.ini file.

It doesnt relate to the problem what i have with the grass draw distance and pop-ins, based on the comparison.

There are certain parts of foliage/grass that is only drawn when Geralt is like a few meters away, it basically "grows out" in my sight and its irritates my eyes honestly.
I say part, because big part of the foliage is already rendered and has a very big draw distance which is good, but with 1.04 somehow this changed into this 2-way version. Which only renders close and far rendering. Which is just bad, it looks bad.

Pop-ins also up to them to fix, i even saw floating NPC names with no actual character under them until i was like 5 meters close.
Or when i fast traveled to Novigrad and like 20 NPCs spawned in the same spot when i looked there and started walking.
Again, i didnt not have this before 1.04.

Everything was perfectly fine pre-1.04.
And AFAIK i cant even go back to 1.03 since savegames then wouldnt be compatible.

Last edited:
I'm planning to try and ignore Witcher 3 for a few weeks in the hope that everything will get fixed up in the next few patches. At least Pillars of Eternity has finally got most of its bugs sorted out and I can finally play through it properly, once I've finished that I'll try the Wild Hunt again.

So nvidia wouldnt let them look at the code they needed to use? WHAT THE FUCK, why didnt the devs just smack them until they had some sense?
i really hope 1.05 lets us nvidia users with crashes play; il kill myself otherwise >.>

I don't know if anyone also had this problem, but the quest Echoes of the Past is crashing on my game, that is the only trouble I have but I think it's trouble enough.

As much as i have searched i haven't found any official comment on the matter of NPC pop in... So can any one from RED tell us if this problem is addressed in the next patch or if it is left for a later patch? (or if it is addressed at all?) I don't mind some graphics pop in as this happens in most open world games but in this case it is simply to intense. Character names or even torch flames are loaded first and the people holding said torches appear much later and only when i am but a few steps away from them.
If this is not actually a bug but some problem related to certain hardware configurations then again some official info and possible work around advice would be nice.
Thanks in advance for any answer.

1.04 brought some issues to me too. I don't play much now, because I'm quite busy, but still:

- Stuttering. A guy described it well here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...-Rubberbanding
I have FPS 50-60 and when I move camera or Geralt it feels like Geralt has 500 ping. It's very uncomfortable to play like this. Anyway my FPS is still 50-60, so it can't be because of my PC. Also before these patches I had no such a trouble. I hope 1.05 fill fix it, otherwise we will have to wait more.

Plus, my latest driver always crashes, wierd trouble.
Thanks.

If you 're using latest NV drivers(352.86), I suggest you go back to older one, 352.86 is very unstable and causing lots of crashing troubles such as "driver stopped responding"...etc. I roll back to 350.12 and it's much more stable now.

Last edited:
Yes. I'll try to post some of the changes coming to 1.05 soon.---------- Zaktualizowano 11:12 ----------That's correct. It's getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday.We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding.
Can you please post what causes the no xp bug and what quests are affected?

---------- Updated at 03:33 PM ----------

I really hope the next patch will address the bugged Enhanced Northern Wind bomb recipe not showing up in the crafting menu after buying.This is really very annoying.
This happens to Moon Dust as well. The solution is to drop/destroy the Moon Dust or Northern Wind bomb that you have already made. When you do this you will then see both the regular and enhanced recipes again in your alchemy menu and can craft one, then the upgrade, assuming you have the mats. FWIW you will also be able to craft the normal version again after crafting the enhanced, I have not ever done that though so I don't know what happens then.

Hello CDPR

I have a question. My game was running perfect on 1.02. After 1.03 I lost 5/10 FPS and had some NPC popping issue but not any graphical improvement except the possibility to have more sharpening (I do not use this feature use anyway because I use a SweetFX to correct tonemap and add sharpening)
So, when the 1.04 patch became available I was careful and when I read the comments for the 1.04 patch (Crashes, fps lost, stuttering, LOD issues...) I had decided to not upgrade my game.

But recently, I had realised I suffered some quest bug: XP gain bug and Fast travel CDT (Quest "The Mystery of the Byways Murders" but my level is to slow to finish it now)
The 1.05 patch will solves these issues so I'll need it. But I don't want to lose more FPS ( otherwise my game will become unplayable) and I don't want all the "crappy" graphic stuff introduced in 1.04.

So my question is: Will it be possible to upgrade directly the game from 1.03 to 1.05 without install the 1.04 patch ?

Thanks in advance :)

1.04 brought some issues to me too. I don't play much now, because I'm quite busy, but still:

- Stuttering. A guy described it well here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40733-Rubberbanding
I have FPS 50-60 and when I move camera or Geralt it feels like Geralt has 500 ping. It's very uncomfortable to play like this. Anyway my FPS is still 50-60, so it can't be because of my PC. Also before these patches I had no such a trouble. I hope 1.05 fill fix it, otherwise we will have to wait more.

Plus, my latest driver always crashes, wierd trouble.

That's an issue on your end most likely. Turn on hardware acceleration in the settings, then go to the Nvidia control panel and set max pre-rendered frames to 1. That should help reduce your latency.

Next possible culprit would be your monitor, especially if you are using a TV for a monitor.

Finally, check to make sure you aren't Vram capped, try reducing your settings to low or run at a lower resolution and see if the problem persists.

That's an issue on your end most likely. Turn on hardware acceleration in the settings, then go to the Nvidia control panel and set max pre-rendered frames to 1. That should help reduce your latency.

Next possible culprit would be your monitor, especially if you are using a TV for a monitor.

Finally, check to make sure you aren't Vram capped, try reducing your settings to low or run at a lower resolution and see if the problem persists.
What's the use of it? I didn't have this stuttering problem when the game just released. Everything was fine: good fps, no stuttering. It started happening after a patch, I don't know which one caused it.

Ok, people I got the real solution on the climbing problem.

1. Install console unlocker: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28
2. Press "`" or "F12"
3. Enter: "ultrafix"

And that is it. Geralt can climb again. I am a genius :)

All the comand to the console, maybe you find there solutions for your problems:

https://github.com/gamebooster/witcher3-booster/blob/master/global_functions_log.txt#L630

Why I am doing your job CD RED?

Top Bottom