ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
Ok, people I got the real solution on the climbing problem.

1. Install console unlocker: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/28
2. Press "`" or "F12"
3. Enter: "ultrafix"

And that is it. Geralt can climb again. I am a genius :)

All the comand to the console, maybe you find there solutions for your problems:

https://github.com/gamebooster/witcher3-booster/blob/master/global_functions_log.txt#L630

Why I am doing your job CD RED?

damn ! you're good. thanks for sharing friend. looks like having the debug console is a must.

....Ok what the heck. Can someone explain me why there are crashes on the game, on some Yennefer's quest? I don't know if it was like this before the 1.04 patch but one thing for sure, this is a gamebreaking bug I can't even move on the main story, just great. I've went back to the 350.12 driver because I had an error from NVIDIA previously but it's definitely not the driver that is in question there....

damn ! you're good. thanks for sharing friend. looks like having the debug console is a must.

I should report you for using a troll font.

---------- Updated at 11:01 AM ----------

Anyone know if the coming patch is just for EXP or might it finally make the game playable to those of us with crash bugs?

I know you have that one bug so you're crashing but you need to read the forums and reddit, they have official statements and the EXP bug does not break the game :p

THIS!

All can be solved by letting us GO BACK to 1.02!

I don't even use that sharpening crap either, it makes the low resolution textures look even more obvious...

What's the use of it? I didn't have this stuttering problem when the game just released. Everything was fine: good fps, no stuttering. It started happening after a patch, I don't know which one caused it.

Stuttering problems are caused by settings which they changed after the patch, you can change them back and play the game just like it was the patch before. The pop in and visual distance is a different issue all together.

I love The Witcher 3. I finished W2 a total of seven times. I simply adore this series. I am a huge fan (I normally despise the word fan because of its implications) of your company and your stance toward the PC platform. I wanted to say that so you don't read into this post as personal malice towards your hard work because it is GREATLY appreciated..
I get that there might be legal or w/e reasons for keeping quiet about the LOD/Pop-In issues the game has become plagued by even on Ultra settings, but please.. Put us out of our misery. We simply want a straight forward answer as to whether it was intentional as a "performance" thing or if it was a mishap due to bad coding or whatever.. I can live with the XP bug, I can live with somewhat tanky controls.. I can't live with NPC's popping in literally 20 yards infront of me and plantlife popping out of the ground like a freaking diglet from pokemon. It ruins my immersion of the game in which you have poured so much love and attention into. I won't ruin the experience by playing the game in this state until I know if it's gonna be fixed or not. I'm in this weird awful suspended state where I have the free time and desperately want to play your game, but I don't want to play it if its gonna be better in a week and thus lessen my current experience..

So.. Will it be fixed? Is it intentional to save frames?
PS: What is it with fog that KILLS framerate? Why isn't there a single option to change particle effects so I can lessen these damnable volumetric effects that gives me nothing visually, but ruins my framerate (Crookback Bog/Skellige Sauna scene being PRIME examples).

I sincerely hope you read this and reply. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello CDPR

I have a question. My game was running perfect on 1.02. After 1.03 I lost 5/10 FPS and had some NPC popping issue but not any graphical improvement except the possibility to have more sharpening (I do not use this feature use anyway because I use a SweetFX to correct tonemap and add sharpening)
So, when the 1.04 patch became available I was careful and when I read the comments for the 1.04 patch (Crashes, fps lost, stuttering, LOD issues...) I had decided to not upgrade my game.

But recently, I had realised I suffered some quest bug: XP gain bug and Fast travel CDT (Quest "The Mystery of the Byways Murders" but my level is to slow to finish it now)
The 1.05 patch will solves these issues so I'll need it. But I don't want to lose more FPS ( otherwise my game will become unplayable) and I don't want all the "crappy" graphic stuff introduced in 1.04.

So my question is: Will it be possible to upgrade directly the game from 1.03 to 1.05 without install the 1.04 patch ?

Thanks in advance :)

An answer to this would be required... I would think, with the amount of people who have not installed patch 1.04

I have not played much as I don't want to increase the amount of the game I experience for the fist time, with the state it's in now.

But, even when the next patch comes out I will still wait for reports to come in... as I've lost the will to beta test for -pay.

Stuttering problems are caused by settings which they changed after the patch, you can change them back and play the game just like it was the patch before. The pop in and visual distance is a different issue all together.
Many people already have camera stuttering issue before new patches, I have it too, it's been reported and discussed many times here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Thread-Share-your-info?p=1723942#post1723942

It's probably not about frame rate, because it happens even on stable 60+ FPS to some people. I've tried many methods, the only one works for me is lock my FPS on 30 on fullscreen, then the camera stutter is totally gone. My average FPS is 45~50.

Last edited:
So who decides who's PC is an "actual gaming pc". I have a 5820k @ 4.5, 16 GB RAM, and a gtx 980. Is that not "gaming pc enough" to qualify? I get crazy pop in, weird glitches with textures, and XP bug issues. Please most high and holy sir, tell me what RAMs I must download to get these issues fixed!

I have 6gb ram, an old i7 Nihalem CPU, and dual 760s in SLI and I am able to run nearly everything at "High" settings with absolutely smooth as can be 60+fps that at worse dip to 45-50 and that is very rare. No stuttering, no crashes, and no crazy pop-in so far and I am about 70+hours into the game.

I will say that when I first started playing I was on medium settings getting 20-30 fps but I looked around for guides to help address settings on my end, that I had all screwed up, to make the game play better. After tweaking the game it does all the above and looks better then when I first fired it up. As a pc player you have to realize that the developer is responsible for certain things but it is also on you to make sure you are not causing conflicts yourself. Complaining about issues caused by poor optimization and configuration on your end does no good, make sure you have dotted your own "i"s and crossed your own "t"s before calling foul play. To help I will point to a couple post I followed:

http://greengamers.com/the-witcher-...ncrease-performance-royal-griffin-boss-fight/
also
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide
and
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ixes-for-the-PC-version?p=1658887#post1658887

I know I am forgetting a couple links but no bs, I tweaked my own game and found that I had issues with CPU priority, the amount of cores being used, my page file size, etc. When I finally tweaked Vsync properly (a bit of trial and error) I now have a stutter free game running at 1080p looking better than it did and running a solid 60 fps. A little off topic from the op but I see people complaining about the game running bad for them when I have a pc not nearly as good and it runs smooth as silk.

Happy gaming and have a good one.

I have 6gb ram, an old i7 Nihalem CPU, and dual 760s in SLI and I am able to run nearly everything at "High" settings with absolutely smooth as can be 60+fps that at worse dip to 45-50 and that is very rare. No stuttering, no crashes, and no crazy pop-in so far and I am about 70+hours into the game.

I will say that when I first started playing I was on medium settings getting 20-30 fps but I looked around for guides to help address settings on my end, that I had all screwed up, to make the game play better. After tweaking the game it does all the above and looks better then when I first fired it up. As a pc player you have to realize that the developer is responsible for certain things but it is also on you to make sure you are not causing conflicts yourself. Complaining about issues caused by poor optimization and configuration on your end does no good, make sure you have dotted your own "i"s and crossed your own "t"s before calling foul play. To help I will point to a couple post I followed:

http://greengamers.com/the-witcher-...ncrease-performance-royal-griffin-boss-fight/
also
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide
and
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ixes-for-the-PC-version?p=1658887#post1658887

I know I am forgetting a couple links but no bs, I tweaked my own game and found that I had issues with CPU priority, the amount of cores being used, my page file size, etc. When I finally tweaked Vsync properly (a bit of trial and error) I now have a stutter free game running at 1080p looking better than it did and running a solid 60 fps. A little off topic from the op but I see people complaining about the game running bad for them when I have a pc not nearly as good and it runs smooth as silk.

Happy gaming and have a good one.

Good for you for no issues, really! But don't forget many people did follow suggestions to tweak their settings and still won't work, that's why we need patches. Some issues maybe are caused by people's own ends or display drivers, but XP bugs, quests bugs, stutter glitch, graphic glitch...etc are not something caused by us, and the v1.03 patch does fix the crash issue for me(which means crash does relate to the game itself), the game does have some optimization problems(although it's understandable because it's a complex game). And frankly speaking, CPU priority, cores usage,page files... are not something ordinary users should mess around, normally a proper optimized software(including games) won't need users to tweak CPU priority to make it smooth.

I really want to enjoy the game like you right now, but for now I'll just wait for the new patch in next week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom