ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
Is the quest "Don't play with the Gods" going to be fixed in the 1.05 patch? I did everything and still get the quest on my journal. I loot the key and the note, open the chest, everything ok but still have the quest unfinished.

I was searching the web and several people have different issues with this quest like no key or they have the key but the chest remains locked or even if you found everything, still get the "search the area with your witcher senses" and the quest remains unfinished.

Also, is there any command line for setting the quest finished? That would also do the trick.

Thanks!

I hope they'll have solution for all of the crashing I am getting as of 1.04. Such as due to low memory, of which my system has plenty for this game, not to mention I am running Windows 64 bit. Not a 32 bit OS. When the game doesn't crash due to low memory, it locks up entirely. Black screen, no audio, can't even alt tab out or bring up task manager. I have to do a hard reset. This is the only game that I am having issues with. The other four titles installed on my system as present are all running flawlessly!
I knew this game would have bugs galore due to the scope of it, but I'm hoping they can fix these technical issues soon. I haven't experienced the XP bug myself, but it's daunting to even try to play when I'll never know if my game will just freeze up or randomly crash right in the middle of a quest.

Hopefully they did fully fix the Lord of Undvik Quest for people who couldn't finish it because they entered the island without the quest being active.

• Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.

hell no

• Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.

too many? my butt.... i killed them all, without breakinga sweat... had no idea you had to run.. lmao. run = spam dash anyways, so boring :\

SPAWN MORE. LAG THE CONSOLES. DO IT.

Last edited:
why only slighty enlarged GUI ?
i can't read anything with that brown and grey small typo, even on my 50 '' HD TV.

they should make it readable like other games, i don't read any books or stuff because i just cannot read it, i always have to get up from the couch and 1m in front of the 50'' to be able to read it.. "slighty". pshh..

so console gamers have it enlarged a lot and pc not, why is that ?
i guess many pc gamers have their pc connected to an hd tv, so there is no difference then. they should let us decide if we need it enlarged or not, and if we do, how large.

do i really have to buy a console just to be able to read the books on my HD TV ??

HUD is big enough though..

Last edited:
do i really have to buy a console just to be able to read the books on my HD TV ??

buy a bigger tv? your tv is too small... technically, there is no difference between a 24" monitor placed at 3 feet and a 48" tv placed at 6 feet. so if your tv is 12 feet away, you need to buy a 96" tv. good luck with that (or move it closer - ghetto zoom) ;p

you see, this is one of those pebgac issues ;p

Last edited:
I would like to have it clarified if we're getting the patch today or Wednesday as some posts have alluded to. Scheduling significant playtime is hard and I'd like to know if I should bother doing it today or not.

I hope the larger Interface is only if you have selected the Large UI option. The UI is already way too large on PC, even on Small.
:huh:

I don't understand you guys now. They said EXACTLY "Right around the corner PM/o'clock/When it's done/Thanks for the money/Wait who are you!?" have some patience.

I don't understand you guys now. They said EXACTLY "Right around the corner PM/o'clock/When it's done/Thanks for the money/Wait who are you!?" have some patience.

I don't mean to seem an ingrate, but it is not about patience. We bought the game with hard-earned money. Many people (including me) only have time to play properly during the weekend. For these people, wasting an entire weekend waiting for a patch (that won't even fix the most pressing issues) is a waste of time, especially since the XP hotfix is already ready. These people have all the right in the world to be annoyed. A decade ago, there were patches, yes, but not being able to play a game for weeks after release, and having to betatest yourself was unheard of.

I don't mean to seem an ingrate, but it is not about patience. We bought the game with hard-earned money. Many people (including me) only have time to play properly during the weekend. For these people, wasting an entire weekend waiting for a patch (that won't even fix the most pressing issues) is a waste of time, especially since the XP hotfix is already ready. These people have all the right in the world to be annoyed. A decade ago, there were patches, yes, but not being able to play a game for weeks after release, and having to betatest yourself was unheard of.

Dude, you're friggin awesome. I was being sarcastic, and you're right, I'd just like to point out the type of customer you guys are leaving hanging (still) CDPR. I think we've shown more than enough patience and trust, at this point we're basically feeling stupid. This is a circus show, and if you can't see it, iunno what to tell you.

The most infuriating thing is that they're here. They're seeing every single post and are making a conscious decision of not answering us. You don't have to tie yourself down to a deadline, you know.. Just..fucking..communicate.. Just a single "It'll be today/It'll be later this week" would make me satisfied. At least then I'll know if I should schedule play time today or shelve the damn game until next week.

EDIT: Further annoyance. Not a single RED answer in the (now) huge Pop In related thread. Not one.

Last edited:
A decade ago, there were patches, yes, but not being able to play a game for weeks after release, and having to betatest yourself was unheard of.
LOL What fantasy world you living in?

Odd I been playing the game just fine since release. A few crashing issues prior to 1.03,.A couple graphic issues with lastest patches but nothing game stopping.

Just like game a decade ago when a new RPG was released it was buggy, who encounters the game stopping bugs is subjective. IF you want a game breaking free experience with an RPG. A decade ago you waited a month or more after release before playing. that same common sense applies today as it did 1,2,3 decades ago.

The most infuriating thing is that they're here. They're seeing every single post and are making a conscious decision of not answering us. You don't have to tie yourself down to a deadline, you know.. Just..fucking..communicate.. Just a single "It'll be today/It'll be later this week" would make me satisfied. At least then I'll know if I should schedule play time today or shelve the damn game until next week.

Can I just be honest here? "They" right now consists of ONE community manager and a tech support/dev who only types in caps-off. Am I the only one going "Really CDPR? Really!?" Guys I'm trying to maintain respect here, but please understand that at this point it's easier to laugh, because the only alternative is to get angry, and maybe that's what's needed here, but I'm not the type.

Top Bottom