ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
Are we far away from the next patch? Cannot play.

I appreciate the next patch is in the pipeline etc, but is there any chance that an ETA can be stated? I've had such fun in The Witcher 3, but my progress has been totally halted since my saves became affected by the infinite loading screen bug, and with 90+ hours in the game I'm not keen about replaying it all. It would help a great deal to ease frustrations if there was a little more communication on the next patch, as well as any subsequent ones.

I'm not going to whine about the fact I can't play a game I've paid for - as with most games these days, you kinda expect bugs and spending launch month as if taking part in a type of beta - but it would certainly help if I felt that there was some decent communication and urgency about addressing the concerns the community has.

Perhaps I've missed where this has been stated, if so I apologise, but if it's not been outlined clearly (the ETA) then please consider doing so. I would like to play the game again as I was having so much fun, and haven't been able to play it for almost a week or something.

Thanks.

I would hope that CDPR would state this though, so we don't have to guess, and to keep us all informed.

Agreed. I'm just basing this estimation on that they said the XP glitch hotfix would come monday, then they included it into a bigger patch instead. This is what makes me think the bigger patch is not far away at all or otherwise they would have released the hotfix as stated. (All assumptions on my part)

Well that's great .. my post about CPDR communicating more with us got piled into a general post about the next patch so it's sure to not be noticed .. thanks moderators. Brilliant.

Well they did say in a previous post that they were gonna work through the long weekend or something since its a holiday in Poland right now. So maybe end of this week or monday next week XD.

I have 66 hours in the game at the moment and I'm only level 14 because I don't use fast travel at all. Even now some quests are grey and some don't give XP points at all. Waiting for the patch 1.05 and taking a break until a release.
Take your time CDPR, fix and test your solutions before launching.

It's always nice to have an ETA on a patch, but they can't give a day when they're not sure about it themselves. It will just make the upset people even more upset. So far they've communicated about previous patches when they are sure how long the fixes will take, this one is obviously a lot bigger then 1.02-1.04 and will include a lot of quest fixes. I would rather wait and get quality over quantity. A patch that fixes something and breaks something else is not what you want.

Most problems with the game started after last patches so maybe its good decision to delay and test this one throughout before release.

@Burnyx: Are you really so naive as to believe they weren't aware of these issues when they released the game? I mean what do they have QA, alpha and beta phases for? Right, to root out bugs. Do you honestly believe that on none of their test systems these errors occured? Like "oh look, if quests turn grey I don't get XP anymore", or "hey, look, if I just start but don't finish the Ekimmara contract the game will crash every time I try to do the Destination: Skellige quest".

I'll tell you what probably happened: The publisher exerted pressure so CDRED would push out the game before it was done cause they didn't want to wait any longer after CDRED had already delayed the game by half a year to ensure it was "polished" (so unlike many others here I place the blame on the publisher :p). Do you actually think the final product was finished (or "polished") by the time of the release?

If it had been polished there would not have been a need for a day-one patch. That is absolutely simple logic and therefore blatantly obvious to everyone (even the most die-hard CDRED fanatic). And why else would there have been so many bugs (some of which even game breaking) by the time of the release, not to mention the performance issues they had to fix in aforementioned day-one patch. I know I haven't touched the game in days waiting for V1.05 and with each passing day my motivation to even keep on playing diminishes (despite Witcher 3 being an awesome game despite the bugs).

Last edited:
I'll tell you what probably happened: The publisher exerted pressure so CDRED would push out the game before it was done cause they didn't want to wait any longer after CDRED had already delayed the game by half a year to ensure it was "polished" (so unlike many others here I place the blame on the publisher :p). Do you actually think the final product was finished (or "polished") by the time of the release?

my guess is... they didn't have the time like rockstar (they simply take a good year to optimize before releasing it and letting people wait) to optimize and that's why the graphics were downgraded..

if they optimized routines and code the game would be running a lot more fluid with more visual fx, but now this is all they could do.

now for the patches.. and when that is done in 2 months i doubt they will really optimize performance anymore.. or upgrade graphics with same performance (although, that is exactly what the developers told us! they said now we will take care of the bugs and errors and then we will work on an upgrade to the graphics. so i guess i am not so wrong with my conclusions..)

Last edited:
Who the hell in their right minds would ever want to play that money-grab trash?

Must have spent 30 minutes alone just gasping at the beauty of Notre Dame... man.. those designers really got shafted. SUCH a beautifully crafted replication of Paris in that shithole of a game.. ugh.

Must have spent 30 minutes alone just gasping at the beauty of Notre Dame... man.. those designers really got shafted. SUCH a beautifully crafted replication of Paris in that shithole of a game.. ugh.

To be perfectly frank, the same thing could be said about every single AC game, except perhaps the first and the second one. Those were still somewhat novel. The rest were perfectly unplayable "run here-run there-kill this-run back" generic crap. No gameplay innovation, no stealth, no nothing, just countless, unskippable dialogues, with the game constantly taking the controls away from you every second. They should have just made a fucking movie instead. These are not games either way, would have not made much difference.

I was wondering about the patch as my game tells it is version 1.04, but there were new options in the menu that weren't there before, such as the option to turn off Yenn's alternate outfit. I do agree that CDPR should take their time with this patch considering that it is attempting to fix so much! In the meantime I'm re-playing through the Arkham series in preparation for Arkham Knight. So, I'm good. Hopefully the patch will roll out next week as it's now Thursday and I doubt we'll see it Friday.

I disagree in regards to the AC series. I thought AC was poorly executed, AC II and Brotherhood were good. I thought AC III was...well it was fun for a while, but I think that's only because that is my favorite historical period and I grew up watching "The Last of The Mohicans" so I had an absolute blast slaying redcoats with the gunstock war club, I especially liked throwing into an enemy and then using my tomahawk and knife. Apart from that AC III felt like a grind fest in order to get the good gear. As for AC Black Flag, I enjoyed that one the most, the best pirate game I've ever played, but mind you there isn't but...six pirate games I think... AC Unity is just garbage, which is a shame as graphically speaking the game is a beauty!

Last edited:
@Burnyx: Are you really so naive as to believe they weren't aware of these issues when they released the game?

Not at all and I haven't stated so anywhere in my post. I'm just stating some simple facts. Does the game have bugs? Yes. Can they all be fixed with a patch released in 1 day? No.
As I said, everyone knows that those bugs are there and has experienced them in some form, but I'd be more willing to wait a week and actually see something fixed, then download the daily patch and see no changes or even more broken content. I hope I was more clear this time.

Not at all and I haven't stated so anywhere in my post. I'm just stating some simple facts. Does the game have bugs? Yes. Can they all be fixed with a patch released in 1 day? No.
As I said, everyone knows that those bugs are there and has experienced them in some form, but I'd be more willing to wait a week and actually see something fixed, then download the daily patch and see no changes or even more broken content. I hope I was more clear this time.

It's been 9-10 days since 1.04 was released..

Top Bottom