ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
@Burnyx : Are you really so naive as to believe they weren't aware of these issues when they released the game? I mean what do they have QA, alpha and beta phases for? Right, to root out bugs. Do you honestly believe that on none of their test systems these errors occured? Like "oh look, if quests turn grey I don't get XP anymore", or "hey, look, if I just start but don't finish the Ekimmara contract the game will crash every time I try to do the Destination: Skellige quest".

I'll tell you what probably happened: The publisher exerted pressure so CDRED would push out the game before it was done cause they didn't want to wait any longer after CDRED had already delayed the game by half a year to ensure it was "polished" (so unlike many others here I place the blame on the publisher :p). Do you actually think the final product was finished (or "polished") by the time of the release?

If it had been polished there would not have been a need for a day-one patch. That is absolutely simple logic and therefore blatantly obvious to everyone (even the most die-hard CDRED fanatic). And why else would there have been so many bugs (some of which even game breaking) by the time of the release, not to mention the performance issues they had to fix in aforementioned day-one patch. I know I haven't touched the game in days waiting for V1.05 and with each passing day my motivation to even keep on playing diminishes (despite Witcher 3 being an awesome game despite the bugs).

I stand to be corrected but I am under the auspices that CD Project Red publish the games themselves.

Two facts people seem to forget very quickly :
1 - Fixing a bug that DOES NOT appear for everyone is very tough because you have to investigate in details why it does not affect everybody, in order not to create problems for those who do not have.
2 - Some people complaining about the XP bug are really affected, stucked at low levels. A lot of others DO NOT experience it. Not receiving XP from grey quests, which are too low levels for you, is just normal in a RPG ...

I stand to be corrected but I am under the auspices that CD Project Red publish the games themselves.

According to the wikipedia entry the publishers involved are: cdp.pl, 1C, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Otherwise I would not have posted it :eek:.

@Belryuminus: your arguments are not valid. Beta tests are carried out on more than one computer so these errors should have popped up for some. Also the XP bug in particular obviously only comes into play when one has a certain playstyle. I, for one, liked to explore an area completely before moving on, resulting in some main story quests turning grey before I even started them.

So now that I'm about to end the game I'm only level 26, whereas others had no issues whatsoever to get level 35 (these ppl probably simply didn't wait until quests turned grey).

Worse still, the problem has been known for a long time (more than a week now) and still no solution? I simply cannot put that down to the bug being too hard to get rid off anymore, not to mention that this was supposed to be a polished game (that is why they pushed it back by half a year in the first place, remember?).

Even the most devout CDRED zealot must see that it looks like the game was rushed out (again: if it had not been there would have been no reason for a day-one patch. That fact alone tells me that they were still working on the game on *known* issues when they started selling it / pressing the first discs)

Last edited:
Two facts people seem to forget very quickly :
1 - Fixing a bug that DOES NOT appear for everyone is very tough because you have to investigate in details why it does not affect everybody, in order not to create problems for those who do not have.
2 - Some people complaining about the XP bug are really affected, stucked at low levels. A lot of others DO NOT experience it. Not receiving XP from grey quests, which are too low levels for you, is just normal in a RPG ...
indeed, bug fixing in a world as large as in TW3 is notoriously difficult. and don't forget the newly released drivers for AMD and nvidia. they have to make sure that the patch they're going to release will work well with the game.

indeed, bug fixing in a world as large as in TW3 is notoriously difficult. and don't forget the newly released drivers for AMD and nvidia. they have to make sure that the patch they're going to release will work well with the game.

Uhm. what? First off, it's Nvidia's job to make sure the driver works well with the game, not the other way around. Unless the patch is changing stuff in the renderer (not bloody likely), it has zero impact. Zero. And notoriously difficult? Did we all knock our heads and forget that this is what they get paid to do? What WE paid them for.

The game was running so fine for me when it was released and it looked beautiful without any bugs for me. After patch 1.04 came out the Anti Aliasing for me become terrible, I can see jaggies (jagged edges) everywhere, everything is shimmering and flickering when running or moving around, ground looks really strange like textures are swapping in and out and I got performance loss. Got 780ti and i7-4790k and 16gb ram :/

Is it just me or some of you have similar problems? The flickering, shimmering and jaggies are really disturbing.

Also when they fix main quests not giving XP, will we get the XP we were supposed to get for them?.

Then, I quickly asked if they have any sort of plan for a beta or something along those lines:

“No, no. We want to release the final game. I mean, we wouldn’t want to spoil the story. Some people will go like ‘Hey! I did this, I did that’ and other people will be unexcited.”
-> link

Well, next time do a public beta ... :)

You can't go on the multiple beta player testers to blame CDRed. I mean the game was pre-orderd by more than a million. This means a lot lot more game choices and possibilites than your testers will ever simulate.
Going on the XP problem, i can't agree totally with you. Do not matter if the grey quest is a main or a secondary one. If it's grey, it means you are overpowered so no XP. This is a very usual system in RPG ...
However, what CDRed could have done is to switch "battle chapters" of the quests and the rest, to keep XP on actions that do not depend of your level. Exemple : you take a Contract quest. You get XP, regardless of your level, for speaking with all the characters involved, and get the clue about wich monster is involved. Then you only get XP from the battle and completing if you're in the appropriate level range.

You can't go on the multiple beta player testers to blame CDRed. I mean the game was pre-orderd by more than a million. This means a lot lot more game choices and possibilites than your testers will ever simulate.
Going on the XP problem, i can't agree totally with you. Do not matter if the grey quest is a main or a secondary one. If it's grey, it means you are overpowered so no XP. This is a very usual system in RPG ...
However, what CDRed could have done is to switch "battle chapters" of the quests and the rest, to keep XP on actions that do not depend of your level. Exemple : you take a Contract quest. You get XP, regardless of your level, for speaking with all the characters involved, and get the clue about wich monster is involved. Then you only get XP from the battle and completing if you're in the appropriate level range.

Getting no xp for grey quests is fine in an MMO but not in a singleplayer RPG.... You always got your xp regardless of level in the previous two games.

I'm usually one of the last to grab my pitchfork over a game.. but I'm starting to get a little p'd off. Did they just release more DLC and still not release the 1.05 patch? I'm at a point where I really can't play until it gets released. I have no contracts or any secondary quests left.. I have to get past "Kings Gambit" to move any further.. I'm bored of "?" clearing!

Really wish they would say something... it is wednesday. I thought the build in the "beta" channel on steam was 1.05. Since it has now been moved to public it seems that is not the case.

same shit, however i've dropped the game already, not going to wait for the patch and go on with the game, would be happy to get a refund though

They said early this week. Monday, Tues, Weds came and went and there was no news, and that is what pisses me off. The only problem I've had is the Pyres of Novigrad game breaking quest bug. I'm sure 95% of other players in this forum don't care about my problem, same way that I don't care about yours. But I reported the bug weeks ago and CDPR has released very little communication and not kept to the schedules they did announce. Really, a PR mistake.

At CDPR holidays. On it after days off wait. But they try and on it we have to kiss them below a back

Last edited:
This is unacceptable. Why the f*ck do they keep promosing s*it when they can't keep it? All they had to do was say "We don't know when the patch will drop, MAYBE this week or the next one". Also, they should freaking post everything here personally and fire the HR staff because it sucks that I have to dig most of the info on reddit.........

UPDATE (as of 01/06/2015) - 1.05 for PC coming this week & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days.

We continue working on the patch. Can't give you the exact time it will release - sorry about that. Once I can share that info with you, I will.

read forums often?

I'm guessing tomorrow........late afternoon.......just before they leave for the weekend.........so they don't have to hear any complaints till they get back on Monday.

He told it 30.05.2015, and today 04.06.2015
Yesterday Community Coordinator Marcin Momot mentioned that a hotfix on Monday would have solved the issue that causes XP not to be assigned for certain quests, but today he disclosed in the official forums that the fix might actually come in the full patch 1.05 for PC, which will be released on Tuesday or Wednesday.

One words of the word, word...

Top Bottom