ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
*** The gpu driver crashes are a WAY more serious issue and i hope they have all their resources working on that one.

They haven't even acknowledged it being an issue on any of the numerous threads on this forum, so doubtful.

And the support tickets lol... Have you read some of the responses... "Those are just generic error codes, we can't do much about that..."

They haven't even acknowledged it being an issue on any of the numerous threads on this forum, so doubtful.

And the support tickets lol... Have you read some of the responses... "Those are just generic error codes, we can't do much about that..."

Well it is a real issue way to many people mention it and they have way to good systems and gpu's to blame it on their rigs or coincidence.

AMD users, Nvidia users, overclockers, non overclockers pretty much anyone can get affected by it.

i'm the only 1 who don't have the exp bug?
No, I finished game and didn't notice it. Re-starting on Death march now. With what all I read patch 1.04 caused it? For me that is why I didn't encounter it as I played through 80%+ of game before 1.03 came out. It is hitting those hardest who didn't play much the first few days after release I think... It might of been seen as a much larger issue if it was happening before patch 1.04. Though could be mistaken about what caused it. It not even clear really what the issue is, some say they get no xp for all quests some say it is just the game thinking the quest level suggestion is not the real suggested level and thus... seeing too much conflicting info on it myself. On PC myself so don't have to fret about that bug at least.

---------- Updated at 12:07 PM ----------

Anyway for the people who cant live without 1-2 more levels there is a working fix already on nexusmods http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/?
That doesn't help console player though :p

Well it is a real issue way to many people mention it and they have way to good systems and gpu's to blame it on their rigs or coincidence.

AMD users, Nvidia users, overclockers, non overclockers pretty much anyone can get affected by it.

Oh I am not denying it... I haven't played since last week because I reached a point where I crashed every time I loaded my save no matter what.

But as you say, it is affecting an incredibly large number of people... You would think that would warrant some response, any response. But there has not been one single CD Projekt Red staff member who has said anything about it at all anywhere on this entire forum. Not a "we're aware..." "we're working on it..." etc... Nothing. At. All.

If they were aware of it and fixing it then why not mention it? They mention literally every other fix. And comment on some of the most mundane of errors posted to this forum... But not this...?

Nice law :) Though does that mean they can't choose to work themselves (taking the force out of it)? Just curious.

Well, we in Hungary have this stupid ass law according to which no shops can be open on sunday, but as far as I know, no law forbids anyone to work on a holiday if the management chooses so, and everyone involved voluntarily agrees, and receives the appropriate overtime compensation. I guess polish law is not much different, so I guess they COULD work if they want to, in principle

so I guess they COULD work if they want to, in principle
That what I figured, but when I can ask why assume? :) I've been "asked" to work on holidays before, of course here that comes with an implied if you don't accept then you might be fired... Factory work arggg... Being raised Christian, it was frowned upon working on Sunday but never a law against it and many places especially factories don't give one much choice...

EDIT: Now I sound like I work at a factory lol, Thankfully I did very little of that...

Last edited:
Way to much QQ about the xp fix which is kinda insignificant

This.
Even if you fix the XP bug with the mod, there are still quite a few (quest related) bugs that prevent you from progressing . I really hate having to wait, but at the same time I don't want another patch that breaks more than it fixes.
That being said though, a game shouldn't be this broken after release. If this was any other developer, people would riot and ride their asses 24/7 instead of cutting them so much slack.

LOL at this entire thread & the people who made it happen.

I'm going to be on Lake Erie catching walleye all weekend, let them release patch 1.05 on Tuesday. ;)

Even if the trip is a bust - I could handle Tuesday: because I have patience & faith, and am old enough to know not to get worked up over things I have zero control over. /duh

This.
Even if you fix the XP bug with the mod, there are still quite a few (quest related) bugs that prevent you from progressing . I really hate having to wait, but at the same time I don't want another patch that breaks more than it fixes.
That being said though, a game shouldn't be this broken after release. If this was any other developer, people would riot and ride their asses 24/7 instead of cutting them so much slack.

This game is nowhere near as broken as many AAA titles have been at release in the past few years. Recall D3, which players were unable to even log onto, literally for days, as they were greeted with an error every time they wanted to do so. Not to mention "maintenance" lasting for 48 hours every second week. Skyrim also had way more game breakers and crashes in the first few months. Also recall Far Cry 4, and its patches, along with several other Ubi games, Watch Dogs comes to mind, with its still unplayable stutter, and the overall unplayable AC series.

This game is nowhere near as broken as many AAA titles have been at release in the past few years. Recall D3, which players were unable to even log onto, literally for days, as they were greeted with an error every time they wanted to do so. Not to mention "maintenance" lasting for 48 hours every second week. Skyrim also had way more game breakers and crashes in the first few months. Also recall Far Cry 4, and its patches, along with several other Ubi games, Watch Dogs comes to mind, with its still unplayable stutter, and the overall unplayable AC series.

Hehe, nice effort but it's no use - the mob is fickle.

This isn't about which game is more broken, it isn't a competition, it's about things need to get f*cking fixed. Personally this game is one of my worst experiences in the last years (and I've played Unity on the PS4). Seems like the worst title to pick up PC gaming with again.

This isn't about which game is more broken, it isn't a competition, it's about things need to get f*cking fixed. Personally this game is one of my worst experiences in the last years (and I've played Unity on the PS4). Seems like the worst title to pick up PC gaming with again.

"things need to get f*cking fixed" Master List
1. Brakes on my car so I can drive to work safely
2. The septic tank / dry well needs to be looked at - lots of VERY green grass hulking out down in the valley
3. Replace roof on house

Note the lack of "Witcher 3 patch 1.05"....

"things need to get f*cking fixed" Master List
1. Brakes on my car so I can drive to work safely
2. The septic tank / dry well needs to be looked at - lots of VERY green grass hulking out down in the valley
3. Replace roof on house

Note the lack of "Witcher 3 patch 1.05"....

What exactly is your point here?

"Not as broken as other AAA games" is still "broken." I had almost zero problems with Skyrim and FC 4 (finished both within 2 weeks after release), but I won't defend those games because I know for a fact that I just got lucky. Seems like it's different for everyone, like we're experiencing here. Some have already beaten the game, meanwhile I'm stuck in Velen / Novigrad because quests won't give me XP anymore and I can't travel out of Skellige once I enter it.

If I have to tell you, you've already missed it.

Implying you're the only one who has a life outside video games and everyone expressing their disappointment on here has nothing to live for except this patch. I'm very busy too, so when I do have time to play games, it'd be pretty damn sweet if they actually worked.

Seems 1.04 was a dodgy patch, it introduced more problems so Im ok with waiting a bit longer, better make sure they don't mess things up again.

I'm like 15 hours in it and except a couple of glitches I'm having a great experience so far, and bug free. How can it be the "worst experience" to someone is something I don't understand.

Top Bottom