ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
Guys you should stop wasting time here. I don't think anyone is reading this till Monday. They had national holiday yesterday, today is Friday, everyone takes day off, because the weather is beautiful and summer is finally coming :) Noone would work and I don't blame them.

Guys you should stop wasting time here. I don't think anyone is reading this till Monday. They had national holiday yesterday, today is Friday, everyone takes day off, because the weather is beautiful and summer is finally coming :) Noone would work and I don't blame them.

I know there is absolutely no point in repeating what has already been said, but noone would expect them to work, had they taken steps to make the game go through proper QA, during which game breaking bugs would no doubt have been discovered. Somewhat forceful analogy, but if I worked at a construction crew, and installed a toilet on friday in such a way that come saturday, it started to spew shit and waste water, I would not be surprised, or offended if they expected me to go there asap, and work my ass off through the weekend if needed, in order to fix it. Even if there was a holiday.

EDIT: Just to be clear: I applaud the devs for having created this masterpiece, and for no doubt working hard to fix whatever still ails the game. It is definitely the game of the year, and will be remembered as the new standard for years to come. The only thing I'm woefully dissatisfied with is the silence on the part of the CM. Had I participated in the creation of such a game, I would no doubt be reading the feedback on the forums, even in my free time, and doing everything in my power to provide valuable information to players

Last edited:
Well... I do(work) and we also had holidays yesterday, not so far off from Poland actually. ;)

There will always be a gamebreaking bugs in a game of that size. Most of the games with huge open world were so bugged at the release, that W3 release seem like one of the most stable.

They do read the forums and I doubt the devs took the weekend off but if they intervene they will make the matter worse, usually after some time the angry mob will go home :)) I bet my 2 cents they are all over their head. Usually this happens ... been there myself a couple of times as a developer.

Frankly I'll just wait for the patch, hopefully not rushed, or followed by another that patches it, it's not like the end of the world, got plenty of things to do if I put my mind to it.

I don't think there was a "promise" to bring out the patch last Monday, but that is the problem with this stuff: As long as it isn't finish, you shouldn't give out an ETA. But if you don't give out one, people constantly asking when it will come out.

I suspect that 1.05 will be the last patch for some time, so they are trying to put in as much as they can and that is why it takes so long.

They had national holiday yesterday, today is Friday, everyone takes day off, because the weather is beautiful and summer is finally coming :) Noone would work and I don't blame them.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ll-have-the-patch-today?p=1742151#post1742151

Not saying they don't deserve the r&r, but Marcin did promise they would work through the weekend and promises should be kept. They've already failed to live up to their promises several times in the span of two weeks and eating their words yet again would be bad PR. Really bad. This just hurts their credibility in my eyes. Can't really trust them anymore.

Last edited:
They do read the forums and I doubt the devs took the weekend off but if they intervene they will make the matter worse, usually after some time the angry mob will go home :)) I bet my 2 cents they are all over their head. Usually this happens ... been there myself a couple of times as a developer.

Frankly I'll just wait for the patch, hopefully not rushed, or followed by another that patches it, it's not like the end of the world, got plenty of things to do if I put my mind to it.

Yes, they are working their ass off if you ask me.

The only thing that i mind is that they want to to mislead us hiding behind the holidays, but the damage is done this time and they must go along with this "strategy" until the update.
But I hope they know by now that they've made a mistake taking this approach, so in the future patches they will bi more honest with us from the start, despite the severity of the problems.

It would just be nice to hear something from them. Not been able to play for ages and dunno if I should just get a refund and play it once it's all fixed.

It would just be nice to hear something from them. Not been able to play for ages and dunno if I should just get a refund and play it once it's all fixed.

If by ages, you mean a week (probably a week and a half) due to the XP bug, then you should probably play a backup games or do other activities. If you are really unable to play the game (crashes, unable to start up, etc), did you try asking the proper channel or see articles about getting the game to start?

While I agree that it would be nice to hear from them (or get an update), but I'll be really patient, contribute, and just wait for the patch. I'm also really bothered by some of the issues, and I'm about to install the mods as a temporary workaround for this. That's what great about gaming on PC, you can modify it anyway you like. I just think getting a refund for this awesome game (if you have been enjoying it thus far) just seems a bit drastic.

That's correct. It's getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday.

Dear Marcin. Wednesday ended 2 days ago. Is there any chance for the 1.05 patch by this weekend?

Top Bottom