Ethereal fix

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
In TW3 the "Demon" category didn't even exist so it's not a proper classification. :p
but both tags exist in Gwent, and there are not many demons yet. If "demon" would be replaced with "specter", we could be able to play a specter infront of Ethereal to stop him from transforming more units on the same row.

but both tags exist in Gwent, and there are not many demons yet. If "demon" would be replaced with "specter", we could be able to play a specter infront of Ethereal to stop him from transforming more units on the same row.
That would be a very confounded way to fix it. xD Also idk how even to play a Specter to the enemy playfield, what card does that?

DC9V

Forum veteran
That would be a very confounded way to fix it. xD
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised. ^^ All they need to do is adding a bunch of neutral bronze specters and making Artorius Vigo a neutral card.
Also idk how even to play a Specter to the enemy playfield, what card does that?
lol imagine "disloyal specters" that would be wack... I was more thinking of protecting some stronger or row locked units on the allied side from being transformed or moved when being played later in the game.

Last edited:
There must be a way to balance cards, without nerfing them into oblivion.

Only a single player amongs the 8 pro players in the Gwent Open has a Monster Deck with Ethereal.
I really don't understand way you would reduce variety and complexity in your games by nerfing interesting mechanics.

Well, people got what they wanted, now Ethereal is propably completely unplayable (at the very least not much more playable than Ciri) and makes Kikimore Warrior appear like a gamebreaking card, at the very least that one is not doomed, can destroy units anywhere, does not banish them and one pays 4 provisions for the zeal tag and 1 more base strength.
I wonder if the card will ever see play again, outside of new players not knowing how mediocre it is or the greediest of players.
At the very least it should have gotten the ability to target a unit anywhere on the board and not just adjacent.

:love: Thank you devs for the nerfing this filthy card. Gonna have me a good drink now and dance to celebrate the downfall of this blight! ^-^ Also slurping on the tears of the people who were previously abusing the cheap Ethereal + Fruits trick is a great bonus, cheers! :)

Top Bottom