Ethereal Ysgith

+
I tried some MO decks with ethereal and won more than ever before... The problem is, it's really boring to play and so i stopped playing.. I only have cards for a monster deck and hope for some changes deathwish is such an interesting playstyle but the card for it a outdated and to weak

It's the interaction between ethereal and fruits of ysgith thats being considered op, not ethereal on its own.

The easiest way to solve this is just give gernichoras fruit a demon tag. Ethereal would still be playable with every other token in the game while not being as mindless as it is now.

However I don't think this will happen anytime soon since it seems the devs wanted to make fruits of ysgith into a meta leader.
I do not know if I agree with that statement.
Reducing the value by 1 would (in my opinion) be the most reasonable approach to still leave the card powerful and not just hit random interactions.

I do not know if I agree with that statement.
Reducing the value by 1 would (in my opinion) be the most reasonable approach to still leave the card powerful and not just hit random interactions.
Certainly better then doing nothing about it. :]
Post automatically merged:

Actually now that I see that you can cheese it with Caranthir to get an Ethereal on round 1 AND then keep one for round two!! I think it's better to just make it so that tokens can't be turned, screw this card hard.

Last edited:

Actually now that I see that you can cheese it with Caranthir to get an Ethereal on round 1 AND then keep one for round two!! I think it's better to just make it so that tokens can't be turned, screw this card hard.

Lockdown until its fixed. Can't abuse it if there's no fruit tokens, not easily at least.

There was a thread on Reddit with next patch rumours. It looks like Caranthir might be getting changed. Some speculated he will only be able to target MO faction cards.

Он меня раздражает, кроме тех случаев когда я играю на Эитне

He annoys me, except when I play on Eitna

Seems like Ethereal is a dead card now

Indeed, so weird, why did they even put it in the game if they were going to nerf it to oblivion barely 2 months after release, makes no sense to me...
Maybe their plan is to leave it on the side to collect dust and after 2-3 years a certain mata will come around that will make it FKN OP :O
...just like Schirru...
...meh .

No, you just have to set it up now.
How people can grow so attached to an autopilot card of the worst kind is beyond me.

Set it up how..? :confused:
Every time it multiplies you can shut it down (lock-destroy), just like that kikimore card which doesn't see play now days for the very same reason even though it's way less expensive than Ethereal.
It's fine to nerf Ethereal twice in less than 2 months time while leaving NG to it's double even triple Ball and ton of poisons-locks-removals for the sake of "theme".
Yeah it all makes sense, so much sense ! lol :disapprove:
I realise that 2 wrongs don't make a right but this is ridiculous, why did they even bother releasing it in the first place, even a blind man could predict this outcome..pfft .

Set it up how..? :confused:
Every time it multiplies you can shut it down (lock-destroy), just like that kikimore card which doesn't see play now days for the very same reason even though it's way less expensive than Ethereal.
It's fine to nerf Ethereal twice in less than 2 months time while leaving NG to it's double even triple Ball and ton of poisons-locks-removals for the sake of "theme".
Yeah it all makes sense, so much sense ! lol :disapprove:
I realise that 2 wrongs don't make a right but this is ridiculous, why did they even bother releasing it in the first place, even a blind man could predict this outcome..pfft .
Defender.

Aha...yeah, we'll see how effective that will be with the new meta and the shit tier leader ablities we got in comparison to the ones we lost.
There's also Petri's Philter. The new Carapace boosts and Veils as well does it not?
I'm not saying it's gonna be meta or anything, but a card with a ridiculously strong effect should need setup.

There's also Petri's Philter. The new Carapace boosts and Veils as well does it not?
I'm not saying it's gonna be meta or anything, but a card with a ridiculously strong effect should need setup.
But Petris Philter will just mean you go one copy further and in Fruit decks you still need to wait a turn, while non-Fruit decks were not even problematic with the grossly overtuned Ethereal from before.
My point is that it is far less competetive than playing a Cahir behind a defender and hoping the opponent cannot answer it.
Also the new Carapace does nothing for it, maybe allowing you to get 1 or 2 more transformations.

Not a bad plan but still, Ethereal is too expensive imo atm, to use a leader charge on it aswell...seems like a waste to me.
Anyways...we'll see how it goes,
one thing is for sure, MO got [nerfed] with this patch.

Last edited:
Ethereal is now a dead card — if only because Kikimore warriors has basically the same effect with lower provision and more flexibility.

Arguing that all it takes is more setup is clearly invalid. Either the set up is too expensive or too inconsistent — if it were effective we would see meta decks revolving around Kikimore.

Ethereal is now a dead card — if only because Kikimore warriors has basically the same effect with lower provision and more flexibility.

Arguing that all it takes is more setup is clearly invalid. Either the set up is too expensive or too inconsistent — if it were effective we would see meta decks revolving around Kikimore.

You sir are damn right..! (y)

Top Bottom