Even more bugs found from Monday's small update/patch

+
Even more bugs found from Monday's small update/patch

I've made an earlier post about strange visual bugs happening from the update/patch that xbox one x received on Monday (3/26/18). In that topic I mentioned how strange circle shadows appeared in various places throughout the world and gave links to screenshots of them. Unfortunately, there's even more bugs than what I initially found.

After exploring more, a bug I encountered had to do with NPC's. For some reason, If you fast travel to an area or walk into a bar/restaurant, NPC's do not load in properly. The place will be mostly empty. You have to leave and come back or go upstairs then back downstairs (if the place has an upstairs) and the NPC's load. Places where this was affected but not limited to were The Kingfisher in Novigrad, Dandelion's Chameleon in Novigrad, The inn at White Orchard, fast traveling to Heriarch square in Novigrad, fast traveling to Elector Square in Novigrad, The Clever Clogs Tavern in southern Beauclair, etc. Also, the NPC's no longer properly interact with furniture, tables, etc. Tomina the herbalist stands further from her herb table, drunkards at Clever Clogs sit without any chair or bench beneath them and much more. One last thing is some NPC's at White Orchard just stand there. They don't move and it looks awkward. I've seen a bit of that in Novigrad too but mostly in White Orchard. Here's a video link of that: https://twitter.com/Vigaku86/status/979554214669103104

Another bug outside of NPC's had to do with doors. Some doors throughout various worlds will not close or will not appear at all. Examples include the inn at White Orchard, the gates at the Beauclair Cemetary, the brothel in Novigrad, etc. Here's a link to the screenshots: https://twitter.com/Vigaku86/status/979553833574649856

Lastly, there seems to be an audio bug in Novigrad. When in Novigrad, the music is supposed to loop. It does do that if I stand still but if I move around, the music fades out and won't fade back in until I reach a certain spot. This one is weird and hard to pinpoint so I can't give exact locations but Heirarch Square is one location where it happens. As to where exactly the music cuts on and off in Heirarch square, I can't give an exact spot but know that there is an audio bug in Novigrad. Doesn't seem to be audio bugs in other places.

So to summarize, there are new NPC bugs, door bugs and audio bugs. All the bugs I mentioned occur in new game and new game+. This, along with the lighting bug which I made a post about a few days ago, go hand and hand with the update that Witcher 3 received this past Monday (3/26/18) on xbox one x. I've cleared my cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, loaded different saves and profiles yet nothing works. I've done everything on my end possible to try to fix this problem but to no avail. It's because of the recent update, I'm sure of it. So this game needs to undo the update or make a new update to fix all these problems. The reason I made this post was so that more people are aware but not just fans of the game but the people at CDPR and the moderators of the forums. CDPR needs to know that this recent update caused more problems then whatever it tried to fix. I've sent them 2 tech support reports and I believe they are looking into it but not sure. I will send them another tech report regarding the bugs I mentioned in this post because I have only notified them of the lighting bugs but anyone reading this, please spread the word because I really love this game but these bugs are a huge eyesore. I know CDPR has their hands full with so much at their studio so Witcher 3 may not seem like a priority anymore but they need to know that these bugs are not minor. Again, anyone looking at this post, please inform CDPR as I will do the same. Thank you.

I am experiencing all the same issues as you since the update and informed them as you did, however I have yet to hear back. I also had an issue where it wouldn't recognize a few of the free DLCs and wouldn't let me load my save games. I had to download them again under a new account to get them to work again. There are a *lot* of problems from this patch.

Sorry to hear about your DLC and save issues. I have yet to look into my free DLC's to see if they are bugged too. They probably are if you're having similar issues as me but I haven't checked as of yet. It's good to know that you submitted a report to tech support because the more they are aware, the more they will realize how big of an issue it is and will try to find a solution quick. I've heard back from them twice. The first time they asked me to clear my cache. Once I informed them that I cleared it and the cache wasn't the problem, they asked if the issue only happens in new game+ only which I told them it does not. Since then I haven't heard from them but I assume they are investigating. The lighting, NPC, and door bugs while not game breaking, do take you out of the immersion big time. If you know any more people with an xbox one x who have the game, tell them to check for these bugs and submit a report to CDPR if they do.

Vigaku86;n10745631 said:
Sorry to hear about your DLC and save issues. I have yet to look into my free DLC's to see if they are bugged too. They probably are if you're having similar issues as me but I haven't checked as of yet. It's good to know that you submitted a report to tech support because the more they are aware, the more they will realize how big of an issue it is and will try to find a solution quick. I've heard back from them twice. The first time they asked me to clear my cache. Once I informed them that I cleared it and the cache wasn't the problem, they asked if the issue only happens in new game+ only which I told them it does not. Since then I haven't heard from them but I assume they are investigating. The lighting, NPC, and door bugs while not game breaking, do take you out of the immersion big time. If you know any more people with an xbox one x who have the game, tell them to check for these bugs and submit a report to CDPR if they do.

Right, I did actually make a post on the Xbox One subreddit and tweeted the bug at them as well. I'll just leave it at that for now and hope it garners some attention.

Please send in an individual report for the bugs you encounter. (Reports that contain lists of different issues are often hard to deal with efficiently, so they'll be handled after single issues.) It's clear something is up with the Xbox version though. Still not sure what changed...can't find any info about a patch release.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

I already sent them the report on these issues I mentioned in this topic. I probably should have sent them the bugs one by one but I didn't want to keep bombarding them with tech reports. I do hope that they did read my tech submission and see that it is not just limited to the lighting bugs. Not having NPC's load in the world really makes it feel empty so I feel that it is as important as the lighting problems. The doors and music bugs are minor compared to those two but they still need to be addressed. Hopefully CDPR is looking into the matter and is figuring out why this update that went out on March 26th is causing so much problems.

I've made two videos regarding the NPC bugs. Here's the link to find the videos: https://www.facebook.com/diego.soto.3139. My videos are public so you just have to be logged into facebook to see them. The first video is a compilation from different areas in Novigrad while the second one is in Beauclair.

In the first part of the first video, I travel to Dandelion's chameleon. You see no one standing outside other than the band players. Then once inside only the band players and dandelion are there. I have to meditate in order for NPC's to appear which has never been the case. Also, after I meditate, I go outside and then the outdoor crowd NPC's finally appear. You can also see Zoltan standing behind the outdoor band players which is where he should not be.

In the second part of the first video, I travel to the kingfisher located on Heirarch square in Novigrad. When I walk inside, you see how empty it is. Only the bar keep is there. I have to go upstairs then back downstairs for the NPC's to load. This shouldn't be the case as before this patch came out, I would walk in and it would be crowded. Even still, you see some NPC's bugged. I walk past some NPC's who just stand next to the tables because for some reason, certain NPC's just lose the ability to move or they will interact with objects/furniture in a strange way.

In the final part of the first video, I travel to Elector Square in Novigrad which is where the church of the eternal fire is located. When I go there you see it's partially loaded with NPC's. There should be more priests and people walking around. There is also a priest giving a sermon to no one at first but then one person walks up but there should always be two to three followers to priests giving sermons. Also, notice the shady priest who sells herbs is there at first, then I leave the area a bit then come back and you see the shady priest disappears. He even disappears from my mini-map. I then leave the area again and come back and the shady priest now reappears. This is due to NPC's not loading properly.

The second video is in Beauclair where I travel to Clever Clogs tavern. While NPC's in the tavern do load in fairly well, they all behave strangely. I walk in and you can see the bad lighting effects in full display from the yellow gassy light emitting form the 1st floor window to those weird circular shadows appearing in the upstairs of the tavern. However, the main focus is NPC's. So I go upstairs and you see an NPC sitting on nothing. He's supposed to be on the seat near the table but he's sitting on thin air. You also see an NPC who's feet go through the floor. I finally go downstairs and a bar maiden appears cleaning the floor when she should've been there to begin with but didn't load properly and you see another NPC sitting on thin air once again when he should be sitting on the chair. I mainly made this Beauclair video to show that the NPC bugs are not limited to one location like Novigrad.

I hope these videos are enough proof of the glaring bugs the NPC's have. This was on a file where the game was already completed on new game+, however this happens on new game as well. I believe it's known by now that this recent patch gave us huge lighting bugs but I don't know if CDPR is aware of the big NPC bugs too which is why I made these videos. I will submit another tech report to make sure that CDPR knows that this patch doesn't just affect lighting and that they really need to look at the NPC's. They also need to know about the door bugs which I talked about with visual proof in another topic, but the door bugs while annoying, are not as huge as the lighting and NPC bugs.

I hope there's some info soon. I will send a support ticket to show them this pop-in bug. Hopefully they are aware that this recent patch caused many problems and are looking for a solution.

Top Bottom