Every single enemy kill me in one shot!

+

Guest 4402625

I am level 32 and I have full modded epic/rare/legendary armors. I have 1200 armor with 400 hp. I have full implants and suddenly enemies started to one shot at me. It doesn't matter which weapon they are using , and what level they are, some guy even killed me with one punch. I am playing hard difficulty but I don't think it's the problem because it wasn't like this until I am 20 + levels.

But the thing is, it started after I stopped doing main story quests. I wanted to clear all moderate side quests before I continue main story line. I leveled up quite a lot with only moderate side quests and now everybody one shot at me no matter what. I can't even use healing during combat. And I never do high level quest, everybody at my level or low level.

I don't know if it's bug or patch or intended feature, any kind of random bullet kills me instantly. Maybe I messed up story line and didn't follow as I should and now scaling is broken, or armor calculation bug, or something else but one thing is for sure that it is not normal.

You can try progressing with the game, i think enemies scaling is somewhat inconsistent. I remember having quest at very difficult and after completing couple main quest it droppe down to moderate

Your armor is too low. On very hard, you need at least 3.5k armor to not get 1-shot regularly and at least 5k armor to tank through multiple shots. I'm at 6k armor before activated buffs and I'm able to clear through 4-star police waves and take hits.

I am not having the same experience as you at all, even with my squishy netrunner/stealth char. Objectively, you are either not spec'd properly or you are just sitting in the open asking to be hit. Enemies on the harder modes hit very hard, till you have a ton of armor or using skills to mitigate incoming dmg.

Use clothing with more mod slots, don't stack crit chance or crit dmg mods, only one of each type works.. only stack armor.

I have less at 50, hp is the most pointless shit ever if you go reflexes or int.
1k+ hp is not pointless. Can't get one shotted. And if you use a healing item to heal 12%+ hp per second you will heal over 100 hp per second and outheal enemies damage. You can literally just stand in a group of enemies and tank.

1k+ hp is not pointless. Can't get one shotted. And if you use a healing item to heal 12%+ hp per second you will heal over 100 hp per second and outheal enemies damage. You can literally just stand in a group of enemies and tank.

If you go reflex, you wanna use sandevistan and you'll never even get shot at. If you go int, you'll use quickhacks and kill everything before they can shoot back.

So tell wtf is the point of HP when you'll never lose any? Ever?

Enemies appearing on Quest Difficulty Very Hard are definitely too strong.
I don't know if CDPR intended it or is it a bug.
Even if that's what they intended, I don't like it. Because cyberpunk battles are not so elaborately crafted.
we can defend or evade to some extent. but this game is impossible detailed control like Dark Souls or Sekiro.
It's okay when enemies use fists or knives, But when they use the gun, it's quite hopless.
Of course we can easily kill them by hacking or snipering. But in other words, we can't kill with a fist or a knife? That's too unfair.

Last edited:
Get the Second Heart, Full HP auto-heal at 15%, and the CD mod. I feel like Cpt. America. "I can do this all day".

If you go reflex, you wanna use sandevistan and you'll never even get shot at. If you go int, you'll use quickhacks and kill everything before they can shoot back.

So tell wtf is the point of HP when you'll never lose any? Ever?
So people don't make threads about getting one shotted.

playing on very difficult
I have 1800 armor
i can go into a very low police zone thingy and get my ass handed to me still

Guest 4402625

What I found is very interesting, microgenerator cyberware and Shock N Awe implants are also damaging me. So you don't have any immunity to your own microgenerator implant!? Basically if enemy is close to you and you get damaged then you are dead by your own implants.
And I don't think my armor rating is too low. I am using one of the very popular builds and throughout the game I bought and loot everything I could. I don't think I play the game wrong way.
I watched so many builds and walkthroughs and I am pretty sure that my stats are not the issue here.

What? How?

For me it's the opposite.

Playing on very hard, using pistols, assault rifle, and SMG.

Reflexes 3 - no upgrades on that area.

Full Body and Crafting. Stopped using the police baton because I was almost always one/two shooting enemies.

Cool level 15, with cold blood.

And the games has Call of Duty pacing with easy AI - against the Valentinos, which are a very strong gang in the game.

Health levels hardly gets lower than 50%.

EASY: The right choice for players who just want to sit back and enjoy the story. Combat will not pose a challenge.

NORMAL:
Enemies will have all the tools at their disposal to take V on, but primarily only enemies at a higher level will prove a challenge.

HARD:
Combat will be a substantial challenge. The effective use of Perks, Cyberware, combat gadgets and Consumables will be essential to survival.

VERY HARD: Buckle up for serious challenge. Careful character development and clever use of items, game mechanics and the environment will be necessary to help V make it on the streets of Night City.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably the indented experience and the right way to play the game(fight me). (y)

EASY: The right choice for players who just want to sit back and enjoy the story. Combat will not pose a challenge.

NORMAL:
Enemies will have all the tools at their disposal to take V on, but primarily only enemies at a higher level will prove a challenge.

HARD:
Combat will be a substantial challenge. The effective use of Perks, Cyberware, combat gadgets and Consumables will be essential to survival.

VERY HARD: Buckle up for serious challenge. Careful character development and clever use of items, game mechanics and the environment will be necessary to help V make it on the streets of Night City.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably the indented experience and the right way to play the game(fight me). (y)

This is what the game should be.

Your armor is too low. On very hard, you need at least 3.5k armor to not get 1-shot regularly and at least 5k armor to tank through multiple shots. I'm at 6k armor before activated buffs and I'm able to clear through 4-star police waves and take hits.

Pretty much this. 1200 Armor is way to low.

Top Bottom