Every time I play against the Syndicate they forfeit

+
I started playing an Usurper deck since I have never used that leader. Now that the Syndicate is out, whenever I play against that deck, they forfeit right away. Other leaders they don't. Is the Syndicate leader that important to that faction that they can't continue without it? I haven't explored the Syndicate yet as it doesn't appeal to me. Just curious as the forfeit rate is rather high right now for my Usurper deck.

I haven't played against Usurper yet with SY but I don't see why that would be so bad. None of those leaders are essential to their decks. Mostly just for getting more coins throughout the match but your other cards can generate plenty of coins as well. Are you playing ranked? I would think people would forfeit in casual but not ranked.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
I've played Syndicate against Usurper a few times and I've never forfeited. You probably just got (un)lucky.

I played several matches with Usurper against Syndicate but no one forfeited. I was in casual because I was playing a grind deck rather than my competitive one.

Usurper is the Priest of HS.
No one wants to waste time playing against someone who only does blocks and play without playing in reality, since his provisions limit him to doing something more than a basic tempo and he does not have the leadership ability to do something useful.
If you are not in rank is a waste of time, especially because the usurper almost never wins ... ironically.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I can definitely see that happen, in Casual. Actually the leaders of SY are not essential, not like for example Arachas Queen (and ive managed to win against Usurper with AQ decks, before they were top tier)

You can even have powerful SY decks with no coins at all. The players who forfeited vs usurper probably were just unhappy that their deck was only gonna be OP against Usurper, instead of super OP vs other leaders.

Raunbjorn

Usurper is the Priest of HS.
No one wants to waste time playing against someone who only does blocks and play without playing in reality, since his provisions limit him to doing something more than a basic tempo and he does not have the leadership ability to do something useful.
If you are not in rank is a waste of time, especially because the usurper almost never wins ... ironically.
Except it's not even though that's the obvious observation. Even though I detest priest in HS and Blue in MTG, playing against Usurper is way more fun, IMO, since you kinda have to change how you approach the game especially if you have a leader that synergizes with your deck a lot. What I don't find fun is when I engines constantly gets removed. That's annoying af!

Top Bottom