Everything is fine

+
CDPR shoots down another rumour about further delays.

But wait. This seems awfully familiar..

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

If I understand the situation, it's like CDPR has the obligation to prepare the game for many platforms and is due to launch all of them at once at the same day. And what causes the delay is that one (several?) ports are still buggy and need more time to debug... If this is true, they could just drop the platform that causes this many delays so it can eventually launch on PC and other consoles, since the game is ready, and so are we. (edit : I know they are bound by a contract that forbid this, but honestly if the cause is hardware issue then f*ck the contract)

That's sad that now, every port has to deliver the exact same gameplay on each platform ; there was a time when each port could be quite a different game depending on the platform. Somehow I miss that.

If I understand the situation, it's like CDPR has the obligation to prepare the game for many platforms and is due to launch all of them at once at the same day. And what causes the delay is that one (several?) ports are still buggy and need more time to debug... If this is true, they could just drop the platform that causes this many delays so it can eventually launch on PC and other consoles, since the game is ready, and so are we. (edit : I know they are bound by a contract that forbid this, but honestly if the cause is hardware issue then f*ck the contract)

That's sad that now, every port has to deliver the exact same gameplay on each platform ; there was a time when each port could be quite a different game depending on the platform. Somehow I miss that.

Maybe you can say that for the PC version (since they said it's ready) and the Stadia version (since they said that is basically a PC build).
But on consoles is different.
You can't launch a PS5 version if there is no PS5 version yet.
You can launch the PS4 version and say "also runs great on PS5" (and same for XBox).
But if you launch a PS4 game, it has to run on a PS4.

Guest 4211861

Their ad is on a giant billboard in Times Square that costs millions of dollars.

Yep, it can definitely get delayed again.
4lyifp.jpg

The issue with this thought process is that they're having problems with the ORIGINAL platform they were designing this game for. The entire time this game has been in development it's been know they had to develop it for the base xbox one and ps4. There's zero excuses at this point. It's not like someone snuck in a new platform and they're having trouble with that. No, it's the platform they originally intended to launch this game on. Same one they said was ready before the April launch, then the September launch.

The issue with this thought process is that they're having problems with the ORIGINAL platform they were designing this game for. The entire time this game has been in development it's been know they had to develop it for the base xbox one and ps4. There's zero excuses at this point. It's not like someone snuck in a new platform and they're having trouble with that. No, it's the platform they originally intended to launch this game on. Same one they said was ready before the April launch, then the September launch.
I am not excusing them but i can understand how they lost sight of the specs for the old systems with all the hype of the new ones. and from day one they where already expecting to push the ps4 and xbox one to limit so it didnt take much to push it into the range that they were going to strugle with it

If they go silent: "Something is wrong".
If they say something: "Something is wrong".
It's like people are cheering for another delay.

That's because at this point we have no idea how things are coming along. Consulting a magic 8 ball is probably our best source of reliable information.

When did PS4 Pro come out btw? I'm guessing they can get it to run of PS4 Pro good enough, but PS4 base will be difficult for this type of game.

I sincerely doubt the game will be released on december 10 , I believe that it will be postponed to March or April 2021.

When did PS4 Pro come out btw? I'm guessing they can get it to run of PS4 Pro good enough, but PS4 base will be difficult for this type of game.
Both Sony and Microsoft enforced that all games must be playable through the whole lineup of consoles. So base xbox and ps4 were planned and being developed from the very start. To complain now that they can't get it to work well is fucking lazy

Top Bottom