Everything We've Heard So Far About Cyberpunk 2077

+
Thanks!

But then that's the game telling you what is or is not stylish. I'd rather let the player make the choice if utility or style is more important to them (assuming the don't like the look of their best gear). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
Exactly.

The industry standard (having a 'style' tab where you can choose the appearance for the item separately) simply has zero negatives. There will never be anyone who is annoyed by this choice, since no choice needs to be made. You can always choose your favorite appearance for the best item.
The obvious, and practical solution.
Now ... will it be implemented?

Thanks man! If anyone is interested I am open to anybody who wants suggest additions are corrections on the already completed sections.
You should probably a brief section on our current understanding of the three types of firearms mechanics (Power, Tech, Smart) to the "Friday Night Firefight" section.

Last edited:
You should probably a brief section on our current understanding of the three types of firearms mechanics (Power, Tech, Smart) to the "Friday Night Firefight" section.
It's in the gear one right before under weapons.
Guns in Cyberpunk 2077 fall into three general categories: power, tech, and smart. Power weapons are more like traditional weapons high-impact firearms. When you fire them there can be exaggerated hit reactions and staggers to kind of emphasize the hit impacts. Tech weapons, on the other hand, focus primarily on penetrating through walls, NPCs, and other objects. Smart weapons, can track and follow targets. Smart weapons were designed for people who aren’t necessarily fans of twitch-based combat. The player’s skills do not affect the smart weapon technology at all, it’s all based on the gun.
I'm trying not to repeat myself too much. 10000 character limit and all. Maybe I'll add one sentence referring to the other post with a link. :smart:

Virtually There is up. Also, I removed "the Net" from "A City of Dreams" and added it into Virtually There. Will be adding more about the factions of Night City to A City of Dreams segment soon.

EDIT: A City of Dreams updated to include a bit on economy and factions.

Last edited:
Virtually There is up. Also, I removed "the Net" from "A City of Dreams" and added it into Virtually There. Will be adding more about the factions of Night City to A City of Dreams segment soon.

EDIT: A City of Dreams updated to include a bit on economy and factions.
So cool Bruh. So so cool!:cool:

Datafortress is up. That's going to be it for now, though I'll add new tidbits when I find them. Again, if you know of any suggestions, additions or corrections, don't be afraid to let me know.
Thank you so much :)
Post automatically merged:

Marrying clothes of specific appearance with specific stats is almost 100% of the time a bad idea in game design. I'd rather CDPR didn't do it. The reason is that the player will be forced to choose between two bad choices (Do I want the stat boost or do I want a jacket that looks good) and will be disappointed no matter what. Visuals and style is important in its own right. there are games that build their endgame mainly around cosmetic improvements and for example skins that you spend real world money on in overwatch (40 million players) are 100% cosmetic. Yet they are enough to finance the game.

It's far better to detach the skin/appearance from stats.
This is a "glass is half empty or half full" question. The reality is that many people think "half empty". This is why majority of games that have gear with stats, separate visuals from the gear these days. You can choose the visuals separately. (Example at the very least my favorite game atm, AC:Odyssey) If visuals are separate, its impossible to be disappointed, best of both worlds.
View attachment 11005567

I don't understand why this is even a debate. Its not a question of opinion, rather the fact that everyone has their individual opinion on what looks good and what doesn't. Corollary: Randomly assigning stats to gear with different appearances will always produce a situation where player doesn't like what the gear looks like, but might want it for the stats. What gear looks like has zero ingame implications. Thats fully out-of-game, and I don't understand why you think mixing these is a good idea.

The industry standard (having a 'style' tab where you can choose the appearance for the item separately) simply has zero negatives. There will never be anyone who is annoyed by this choice, since no choice needs to be made. You can always choose your favorite appearance for the best item. I am pretty sure devs will go with this, because I don't think they are stupid. The game is intended to be enjoyable, why not choose the option that maxes out enjoyability and minimizes disappointment. Cold logic, no opinion involved.

Every single AAA-game I can think of right now does it like this, style separately. Wow, SWTOR, Assassins creed, GTA5, etc.
I STRONGLY AGREE.(y):shrug:(y) You read my mind, and I feel so passionately about this. I think it would be great to unlock/own different styles, and be able to wear the best stat clothing/armor for you, but still be able to choose the appearance of what ever you love the most in your own personal tastes.:smart:(y)

This really spoke out to me on a deep level because I always ran into the same problems in games where I wanted to wear something that looked So COOL, and I loved the look of something but it always had horrible stats or bonuses, or just "okay" but not the best of what I had. Then there would be a lot of armor or clothing items or accessories that looked very bad in my own honest opinion, but those items had very good or the best stats. I suffered so much choosing between the good looking items and the best stat items because I was always stuck in very ugly clothes in my opinion, or with a really ugly weapon with good stats, or I would use a very beautiful weapon and clothes but I would do little damage or get killed very easily because they didn't save me or help me at all. I never found enjoyment or happiness in games like that.:giveup:

Last edited:
Updated "Take it to the Edge" to include link to twitter video of Miles Tost discussing character progression and "Getting Fit for the Future" to add a bit of info on weapon customization from this interview.

Last edited:
:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Whoa, Thanks @Rawls !

very nice.gif

I'm getting really amped up for this and its still months away. Sad part is when its released I'll be at the tail end of my paternity leave.

Top Bottom