Everything worse after "hotfixes"

+
Hi there... first of all, i´m on PC... 2ndly, I was one of the last people who probably defended 2077, because I did not have most of the issues other people had with the game...

Right after launch I played over 80 hours without a crash, without any serious bugs and the grafics all maxed out at 1080p and it ran really well on my FX8320e and my RX 570 8GB... some clipping errors and such things aside there was nothing much to complain about...

Was... Until hotfix 1.05 came... suddenly the performance dropped by alot and i had to turn most of the grafics settings one step down and I experienced my first quest-progress bugs... "they´ll fix it" i thought...
Then 1.06 came... "fixed the save game problem"... yeah, never had a problem with my savegames... now the game gets stuck in "reloading last checkpoint" after I die...

if you keep "fixing the game" like this, i´ll probably have a completely broken game in a few weeks... ((dxdiag in attachments))

Attachments

• DxDiag_122020.txt
    85.3 KB · Views: 85
Hi @jackrabbit_v6 and welcome to the CDPR forums!

There are a few things I would like to check first.
Upon getting a look into your directx diagnostics log file I see that your WIndows 10 Pro is not up to date. I recommend searching for Windows updates.

Please also check whether your AMD graphics drivers as well as chipset drivers are up to date.

Further into the details:
It appears that you have had some additional problems with your OS too. There are some apps that crashed recently as well.

to name a few:
  • explorer.exe
  • steamwebhelper.exe
  • amtrucks.exe
  • firefox.exe
After finishing with Windows Updates, I would advice to do the following check in order to verify integrity of your windows OS files:
  1. run CMD as an administrator
  2. type in "sfc /scannow" without quotes
  3. Wait for the scan to finish and let me know its results
I personally think that your operating system might have some problems that lead to the crashes you are experiencing.
It could be due to a bad drive (ssd or hdd). It is important that you check if windows files are fine, and additionally I advice to do the same with Cyberpunk too.

You can verify Cyberpunk 2077 game files with your GOG or Steam client.
Are you running any mods? If yes, then please remove them all for now (as we troubleshoot).

Cheers
TalentX

Top Bottom