Everything wrong with this console port

+
Everything wrong with this console port

the framerate difference between very high and lowest is about 3-4 frames

the window setting is bugged and forces the game to run in a buggy version of borderless window no matter what setting you choose (this is the reason for the stuttering cut scenes)

the camera movement jitters around so badly that it almost gives me motion sickness

it runs at unplayable framerate regardless of settings on setups that are considerably above recommended spec

the obvious mouse and keyboard problems that make into every terrible console port are there when they could have been very easily fixed

all I can really say is wow. what happened to CDPR? what was the point in all the support you gave to the witcher 2 if you were just going to turn around and treat your fans on PC with such disrespect? I've seen some bad ports before, but I've never seen a dev literally just take the xbox version of a game and make it bootable on PC and then pretend it's a proper PC version.

Nah, the Xbox version is jitteriest of all. There is no "proper" version yet.

the xbox version runs poorly because the xbox one has mediocre specs and they tried to cram in more than it can handle. that's par for the course when you're on a console, that's how it's been for years and people should know that by now. but PCs with modern hardware are perfectly capable of running this game well. the developers just have to do a proper job optimizing the game which they quite clearly didn't.

---------- Updated at 06:53 PM ----------

Dude don't be an Xbox hater it could actually be a ps4 port duh

there are references to kinect in the ini files. it's an xbox port

Except for the weird border less window problem, I'm not experiencing any issues, had one CTD speaking with the first Gwent guy, where the game tabs out, sound continues and you can't get back in but that's it.

So far it's been a fantastic experience on pc :)

Except for the weird border less window problem, I'm not experiencing any issues, had one CTD speaking with the first Gwent guy, where the game tabs out, sound continues and you can't get back in but that's it.

So far it's been a fantastic experience on pc :)

I wish yes-men realized the toxic influence they have on video games.

Top Bottom