Evolution of Cyberpunk 2077. Just a personal perspective.

+
Recently, many articles surfaced, comparing the CP to Witcher, presenting various indicators such as attrition of gamers, so called replayability etc. As Mark Twain once said, there are three types of lies" "Lies", "Damned Lies", & "Statistics".

Replayability (is this a word?) of stories as a matter of fact is a very subjective aspect of any title or creation. There are games, movies or books which some people will keep on returning, while others will put the same stories on the shelf immediately after reaching The End (some will abandon them earlier).

Various recipients are looking for various forms of entertainment, and going further those preferences may shift depending from the time, mood and other external factors, independent from the game. Key lays in universality of particular title.

The more universal title is, the more rewarding gameplay is achieved (rewarding is variable here). Narrowing this post to activity of CD Projekt Red portfolio...

Witcher Series and consequently Witcher 3 have tremendous and immersive story for which many will return, however simultaneously it offered quality and immersive "carrot picking", or rather "random quest picking" on the map which associated the main plot.

At the same time one could just wander around slashing the Drowners for hours - Cyberpunk currently misses this aspect however I suspect it is going to change, yet it is not my point.

When it comes to comparison of Cyberpunk and Witcher, major difference lays in protagonists. Geralt is main protagonist of the Witcher Series. In Cyberpunk? Cyberpunk/Night City is.

I see no obstacles in setting other plots, perhaps with another "V" in Night CIty. That gives us almost endless potential for telling other stories with various participants.

Cyberpunk offers "sandbox" alike environment which can be easily expanded, by new locations and characters added through the years.

My point is. Cyberpunk is not a story, it is a scene, a setting or universe. Story of V and Johny Silverhand may be just one of many threads.

Perhaps Cyberpunk 2077 may head in this direction?

Icinix

Forum veteran
I think you're spot on.

There are so many stories to explore, so many characters, so many locations within the city that can present the best and worst of people and technology.

I expect we'll see it continue to grow and evolve for years with content.

I just hope that it's not multiplayer only down the track.

Agreed.
I think the replayability would already be given to a certain extend with the different live paths (if they had any meaningful impact besides the first 30 minutes) and to a greater extend with the different playstyles.

Adding further stories to the world would definetly help to trigger people to start over.

However, I see a problem with the style the stories are presented in, since a lot of it is following characters and sitting through dialog. I don´t necessarly think thats bad, as it is pretty immersive the first time around, but sitting through these scenes again, knowing what is going to happen is quite boring.

In addition the world would need to be more "sandboxy" with random things happening and more changing based on the playstyle to warrant further playthroughs. At the moment there really is nothing left to discover, other than those random fights. And tbh, I don´t see that chaning any time soon (hoping I´m wrong with that assessment).

Well story wise i think the 1-5 episodes hmm well it feels far more like a very long instruction to the world of Cyberpunk 2077.

the story is not good but not bad either the whole jonny silverhand think is like a long interactive braindance movie who u can insert u name for v just watchet or a long dream.

many content are missing but when u make new content or release what is promised it should work when the go with ep 6 like wake up from the dream or the braindance movie ended and the real game begin with the story from v the real one.

regarded from lifepath u start in the badlands the street or a penthouse the game itself have many open opportunities to use with dlc ect.

i hope for the best from the game but the way it is now it feels empty i believe in u devs u can do it,

Last edited:
Top Bottom