Exact calculations of the new economy.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's count. But only from the point of view of the free-to-play player. What do these changes mean to us? When making calculations, we will use a win rate of 50% (But suppose that we will lose with a score of 1: 2, that is, getting 1 half-crown). And also take into account the well-rested bonus and 3 quests for 20 half-crowns every week. (A well-rested bonus - for each half-crown you get one additional half-crown, but no more than 14 per day.)
The new system with 4 games per day = (6 half-crowns +6 bonus) x84 + 720 with quests = 1728: 24 = 72 level.
The new system with 7 games a day (3 wins and 4 losses) = (10+ 10 bonus) x84 + 720 with quests = 2400: 2 = 100 level.

TL; DR:
The new system - 148 RP in 84 days / 4 games per day.
The old system - 168 RP in 84 days / 4 games per day.
The new system - a maximum of 199 RP in 84 days / 7 games per day.
The old system - 336 RP in 84 days / 12 games per day.
The new system - a maximum of 199 RP in 84 days / 7 games per day.
The old system - a maximum of 504 RP in 84 days / 44 games per day.
Conclusions:
1. If you played 6 rounds a day (4 games at 50% winrate), now you will receive 20 RP less in 84 days, but in addition you will get 6 avatars.
2. If you played 18 rounds (12 games at 50% winrate), now you can play only 7 games, but you will also get almost half less RP. Plus get avatars.
3 If you played all available rounds per day, you will receive less than half the RP in comparison with the old system.

But that is not all.
1. Small daily rewards removed. The prestige levels that increased these awards, as well as giving a chance to get RP, were also removed. BUT, instead of them they added prestige levels that are guaranteed to give RP for daily tasks and a prestige level that gives a chance to get RP with GG rewards.
2. Redesigned the economy of meteorite dust. We will receive less in the trees. When milling cards, we will get less dust. Animating legendaries is more expensive, epics are cheaper.

General conclusions: Casual players will receive a little less than before, in comparison with the old system. Those who played a lot, maximum will be able a bit more than casual players. Gwent is getting more expensive. The title of the most free-to-play card game is moving to another game that has recently gone into beta.

P.S. If you find mistake in the calculations, write where exactly.
P.S.S. Opening seasonal cardbacks is not just as expensive, but even more expensive. If CD Projects is here, pay attention to this.

Last edited:
Well done calculating this all out! For a game that already barely has a player base (there are only 700 players watching Gwent streams on Twitch right now...) this is just a dumb idea. I'm about ready to drop the game. Way too many other free to play games out there in addition to full titles one can just purchase outright.

Outside of streamers, there aren't many people who play as much per day as to reach those daily rewards, and those who do already have too many resources to spare.
I think it's good not to incentivize playing so many hours for rewards.
For those who play the minimum daily the difference is insignificant, only 20 keys less in 84 days.

The new system with 4 games per day = (6 half-crowns +6 bonus) x84 + 720 with quests = 1728: 24 = 72 level.

Taking that into account and that you can start at lvl 25, it doesn't seem bad. It is also necessary to see if near the end they put on events that grant levels such as the season pass in MtG.

I did some calculations, and they differ from those of the opening thread:

Assuming a 50% win rate and the use of all the "Well rested bonus" (14 half crowns), the player will need 10 games (rounded up) obtain 29 half crowns daily. This is just enough to achieve level 100 in 84 days (24 half crowns * 100 levels / 84 days = 28.57 half crowns).

In the journey there are 199 free RP, and 42 paid, totaling 241 RP per journey. This translates, if completing the "Well rested bonus" in 2.87 free RP/day or 2.36 total RP/day. This means:
+ Players aiming previously for 4 RP/day are now obtaining between 1.33 and 1.64 less RP/day. This is my case.
+ Players aiming for the previous total maximum, 6 RP/day, are now capped lower.

In my opinion the new economy system is a mixed bag of features:
+ The positive side is that now the advancement is more linear and flexible, you are not risking losing too much is not going for all. For example, previously I forced myself to complete the 6 + 12 half crown progress, risking losing the 12 half crown progress if I stopped at 10 half crowns, now the loses are not too high. This is an excellent advancement in my opinion.
+ The negative side is that is more complicated to analyze, and a comparison of the lose of the daily login is not exactly clear.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I did some calculations, and they differ from those of the opening thread:

Assuming a 50% win rate and the use of all the "Well rested bonus" (14 half crowns), the player will need 10 games (rounded up) obtain 29 half crowns daily. This is just enough to achieve level 100 in 84 days (24 half crowns * 100 levels / 84 days = 28.57 half crowns).

In the journey there are 199 free RP, and 42 paid, totaling 241 RP per journey. This translates, if completing the "Well rested bonus" in 2.87 free RP/day or 2.36 total RP/day. This means:
+ Players aiming previously for 4 RP/day are now obtaining between 1.33 and 1.64 less RP/day. This is my case.
+ Players aiming for the previous total maximum, 6 RP/day, are now capped lower.

In my opinion the new economy system is a mixed bag of features:
+ The positive side is that now the advancement is more linear and flexible, you are not risking losing too much is not going for all. For example, previously I forced myself to complete the 6 + 12 half crown progress, risking losing the 12 half crown progress if I stopped at 10 half crowns, now the loses are not too high. This is an excellent advancement in my opinion.
+ The negative side is that is more complicated to analyze, and a comparison of the lose of the daily login is not exactly clear.

Just my 2 cents.
Your calculations are incorrect. You do not take into account the quests that give 20 half-crowns each. There are 3 such quests per week. Which in 12 weeks guarantees 720 semi-crowns.
You can take as long as you want to translate RP / day and the difference will not seem significant. Perhaps this was the stake. But if we look wider, we will see that players who played 6 and 12 rounds a day for 84 days will receive almost half the RP. Translating these numbers into a year-long distance, we will see that now we get 2 times less.

Your calculations are incorrect. You do not take into account the quests that give 20 half-crowns each. There are 3 such quests per week. Which in 12 weeks guarantees 720 semi-crowns.
You can take as long as you want to translate RP / day and the difference will not seem significant. Perhaps this was the stake. But if we look wider, we will see that players who played 6 and 12 rounds a day for 84 days will receive almost half the RP. Translating these numbers into a year-long distance, we will see that now we get 2 times less.

It is correct I did not ponder the quests in the calculation, all the more flexibility to increase journey levels.
Regarding RPs, unless they start adding events that throw them left and right, I agree with your conclusion. They hard capped the upper bound with a slight benefit of flexibility in advances.

Because I don't want to cuss. Let's just say that I'm a little disappointed from all this.

Here my thoughts.
OK, introducing a Season pass.
Everybody knows that the Season Pass is a type of "pay to win" mechanic / type of subscription. Just a little "boost" for the people who are willing to pay.
But why removing the Daily Crown? I understand that to be successful meaning - purchasable. The Season Pass must to be integrated somehow with the rest of the game mechanics. But to be connected with the control of the Resource Points. THE Base of all resources. Come on !
Look, I understand that, this game as a "Live Service" must to be profitable. And there must be a some kind of "content involvement" to justify the purchases. But to introduce a basic Fortnite grindy progression system. This is starting to looks like chores and not as a fun game. And It's kind of scummy. A Blizzard, Bethesda, EA kind of scummy. I don't want to associate with these companies. That's why I play this game and not theirs.

If this Pass was just added to the rest of all the activities, I will be fine with that. And consider a purchase.

And about the price.
Let's face it. This is all about the money. And I'm not satisfied with the price. If the price for the Season Pass was 4 Euros and 10 Euros for unlocking all the other stuff - not partially up to 25 lvl, all of it. Then I will consider a purchase.
Maybe because I'm from East Europe I've learned the hard way to value my time and my money. And that's why I don't like these "It's expensive - must be important" , " I've payed high price - I must to engage so to not waste my money" and "I was scammed - So to not look like a fool, I must defend the product" kind of mentality. There are so many overpriced "Live Service" games at this moment. And I don't have the time to "engage" with another progression system.
If the developers wants to sell Reward Points - OK, I'm fine with that. Make them cheap, like I wrote above. But don't try to mislead me with well known industry standards.

PS: I hope the developers read this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom