Exactly how I feel as well

+
Great video, thanks mate.

Don't share the optimism, though, of this becoming the masterpiece it surely deserves to be. Because what you summarize here - especially the missing features - would be a fundamental overhaul of the base game. Don't think they will do that with a game with a reputation that is so tarnished and maybe even toxic already.

I think the best they will do is offer two good story DLCs, some cosmetic fluff, a little balancing and of course bug fixing. I am sure many at CDPR would want to deliver more. I don't think the management will decide to do it.

If they do they could really redeem themselves ("they" meaning the management). I am afraid that they won't and that a lot of the fixes we will get will be once again on the back of the work life balance of those who wanted to create something better all along :(
Yes and no, don't forget that the game sold a lot of copies and despite the bad feedback, which mostly surround 3 major things as I see it.

1. The console screw up
2. The bugs
3. Missing features

They have to fix the console issue and the bugs, that is a given. There are simply to many customers here that they are missing out on, if they don't.

But I think the majority of people playing the game despite these things actually enjoy it and see the potentials of what CP could be given the time to fix it.

Now what I think will eventually decide the fate of CP is how they are going to deal with the missing features and the polishing of the game, meaning adjusting things, stats etc.
Because if they don't, people will lose interest in the expansions as well, because even though a new storyline is obviously cool, the CP world itself, won't be able to carry these without them adding and adjusting things. They are really all over the place now.

What is currently holding CP together as I see it, is Night city, the storytelling and the believable characters. If we imagine that these things were bad or very generic as well, this game would be a catastrophic failure in regards of an RPG, where you have to care about your characters stats, abilities and how they influence the story and what you can do etc.

CDPR has to push for this game to become an RPG and not just a new GTA with some dialog options added. Because GTA does a very good job at most of these things, people loved most of their characters, driving and world interaction seems pretty good as well.

What CP does, which is awesome and people shouldn't forget, I think, is that it lets you create your own character to take on this journey, which to me is extremely important, the mere ability to decide whether you want to play as female or male is awesome, because if you are stuck with a character you don't like, a game can be fairly difficult to get through if you don't and can ruin everything, the mere fact that the quests react to this etc is very cool as makes it more your own story, whereas I don't really feel that connected to characters in games, where im forced to play what is given to me, like in GTA and switching between them and stuff. I just don't really care that much about them and I feel more like watching a movie where im being dragged through it, rather than taking part in it and making my own decisions.

So in that regard, I think CP does a far better job and hope they stick to this in the future and just keep enhancing this experience.
Post automatically merged:

If CDPR got time machine, I wonder if they would decide to release Cyberpunk on Dec 10th, but with "yellow screen of doom 'tm " explaining, it is going to be an Early Access title, and they need 8-10 months to actualy finish it. Baldurs Gate 3 got released for 60$ as veeeery early access version, and there wasn't much drama about it.
Obviously not sure what happened and we will probably never know. But something tells me, that they reached the conclusion that either the game had to be released before Christmas this year to maximize sales, or they would have to push it a year, to not release it in the "bad" month.
And simply put, they didn't wanted to wait that long, I can't really see any other reasons, as they clearly knew what state the game was in, but probably hoped that it wouldn't get as much backlash as it did due to all the hype and their reputation, and they could fix it up during the next year.

I don't buy that it was for the shareholders, because it's obvious that this have not been positive for them and the CDPR shares. And as a shareholder myself in CDPR, trust me, this was not what I was hoping for. :D

Last edited:
You should have watched more - the "negative" stuff comes after. He's not so much critical of the story, though, so...
maybe, maybe not. it's not only the story the whole game is a patchwork monster. I loved most of the gameplay, music and Graphics, but holy cow u can feel in every single act of the game, that 50% or more got rewrote / cut like 5 times. not to mention all the basic stuff that is just missing. The game feels more like a promissing Demo. I don't rly care for bugs these days they are always there and will be fixed at some point.

Very balanced impression. Tired of angry rants for the sake of attention, why this or that is the worst thing ever... I feel similar about what CDPR should do next. They have a very strong base and they can improve so much to make it one of the best games ever if they commit to it in the next 1-2 years (or even more if they so desire).

Very balanced impression. Tired of angry rants for the sake of attention, why this or that is the worst thing ever... I feel similar about what CDPR should do next. They have a very strong base and they can improve so much to make it one of the best games ever if they commit to it in the next 1-2 years (or even more if they so desire).
They'd need that much time, at least... question is, would it be worth it for them. They haven't shown the most future, long-term oriented business sense in this whole affair up to this point. I'm not as hopeful the current management will not deem it better to "cut their losses and run" instead.

They'd need that much time, at least... question is, would it be worth it for them. They haven't shown the most future, long-term oriented business sense in this whole affair up to this point. I'm not as hopeful the current management will not deem it better to "cut their losses and run" instead.
Considering they don't have any major releases any time soon (and in coming 2-3 years), I see several benefits:

1) Supporting sales long term. Regular updates, big and small, keep community engaged and help attract more people.
2) Restoring reputation. Repairing and improving the game, which definitely needs it, even if the already delivered stuff is very good.
3) Repairing the potential franchise. They don't want it associated with bugs and broken promises. Besides, you're only as good as the last one, how it frequently happens in the industry, so even if they won't bring everything they promised, they might show at least effort in trying to do so.

I mean, what else is there to do? Yes, they can start working on a new Witcher game, and they should, but they can spend the next year or two in pre-production stage: writing scripts, quests, figuring out foundation, concept art... But leave majority of the team working on CP77 for now.

Top Bottom