Exactly how I feel as well

+
shit i was expecting a generic shitty youtube rant video that i start rolling my eyes whenever i hear ,turns out this is probably the most accurate video out there and i honestly wish Cdpr devs would watch this ,thanks for recommending it.

i remember back in 2010 when new Vegas released it was a buggy mess way worse than this ,I told my friends that it’s a much better game than Fallout 3 ,they laughed and said that it’s nothing but a filler for Fallout 4 ,look at the best fallout polls now.

Cyberpunk is pretty much the same in this regard ,there is alot of greatness there is a masterpiece and even a GOAT material here and once they add some of the missing features (which are alot btw) fix the buggs ,fix the npcs/crime system ,release all the dlcs and expansions (which i hope are more than just 2 this time) this might very well be one of my favorite games

I personally did not appreciate the witcher 3 until i played it one year later after all the updates and expansions are released and im planning to do the same with Cyberpunk and i hope the outcome will be better ,like the guy said ,the upcoming year will show us what kind of company Cdpr is and i hope it will not end up like bethesda/

Last edited:
This is the guy that is standing outside Vic's place in the beginning of the game yelling, for those that don't know. What he is saying is pretty much exactly what I think as well. (No spoilers)

I laughed when he found himself streaming, good stuff.

I'm feeling what he's saying here. In game it's just funny.

iCake

Forum veteran
This is the guy that is standing outside Vic's place in the beginning of the game yelling, for those that don't know.

Is that the voice of that tin-foil hat kind of guy whole bent on Alpha Centauri? If so, I have donated like 200 eddies to him already, albeit in the virtual world.

His criticism is good, broad, he approaches things as they are, or I also perceive them. He ponders, clearly says what is good, what is not and always from the perspective of 'I want the best'. I rarely watch streamers, but I really liked it.

Cyberpunk is pretty much the same in this regard ,there is alot of greatness there is a masterpiece and even a GOAT material here and once they add some of the missing features (which are alot btw) fix the buggs ,fix the npcs/crime system ,release all the dlcs and expansions (which i hope are more than just 2 this time) this might very well be one of my favorite games

Great video, thanks mate.

Don't share the optimism, though, of this becoming the masterpiece it surely deserves to be. Because what you summarize here - especially the missing features - would be a fundamental overhaul of the base game. Don't think they will do that with a game with a reputation that is so tarnished and maybe even toxic already.

I think the best they will do is offer two good story DLCs, some cosmetic fluff, a little balancing and of course bug fixing. I am sure many at CDPR would want to deliver more. I don't think the management will decide to do it.

If they do they could really redeem themselves ("they" meaning the management). I am afraid that they won't and that a lot of the fixes we will get will be once again on the back of the work life balance of those who wanted to create something better all along :(

Last edited:

Don't share the optimism, though. Because what you summarize here especially the missing features would be a fundamental overhaul of the base game. Don't think they will do that with a game with a reputation that is so tarnished and maybe even toxic already.

I think the best they will do is offer two good story DLCs, some cosmetic fluff, a little balancing and of course bug fixing. I am sure many at CDPR would want to deliver more. I don't think the management will decide to do it.

Perhaps, if the idea is to sell CDPR, and at a cheap price, well below what is usually sold ... or at the price of a pair of socks where one foot is missing, the Administrators / shareholders will not listen to their developers . But only in that condition. If this guys listen, including the community, which I hope, the game could become a legend.

It is a Polish company, competing with giants that have a much greater firepower than theirs ...

Don't share the optimism, though. Because what you summarize here especially the missing features would be a fundamental overhaul of the base game. Don't think they will do that with a game with a reputation that is so tarnished and maybe even toxic already.

I dunno... this game could still be a company maker or breaker for CDPR. Yea, they f-ed up, big time, but if they play this smart and a bit unconventional, they could still come out of this on top... it is their only flagship title at this point, afterall, since the long running hype around TW3 petered off over the last 12-24 months or so.

I'd add that there are some odd story-beats that don't fit with the well crafted narratives we've come to expect from CDPR after Witcher 3 (like the mere fact that it's actually impossible to play the game past the last mission).

Other than that, the video is spot on.

I dunno... this game could still be a company maker or breaker for CDPR. Yea, they f-ed up, big time, but if they play this smart and a bit unconventional, they could still come out of this on top... it is their only flagship title at this point, afterall, since the long running hype around TW3 petered off over the last 12-24 months or so.

I absolutely hope it will. It would make me happy for the passionate development team first and foremost.

Maybe I am too cynical here (don't forget: I do like the game. But even without the hype it is hard not to constantly think "good but what could have been...").

hmmm stopped at like 2min in. Yea you can feel like that, if you rly want that, but objectively Cyberpunk is not that. Story is absolute minimum pretty much a handful of choices do anything. i have to say some (2 in my mind) side stories are interesting so interesting that the main story looks awful. Look what are the community fav character and then look on their quest chains. you can clearly see that only the character with actual depth and believable relationship are on top.
Best example:
if you try to do just the story and always ignore johnny, he is still after 4 times of talk "hey buddy we went through shit, huh".

hmmm stopped at like 2min in. Yea you can feel like that, if you rly want that, but objectively Cyberpunk is not that. Story is absolute minimum pretty much a handful of choices do anything. i have to say some (2 in my mind) side stories are interesting so interesting that the main story looks awful. Look what are the community fav character and then look on their quest chains. you can clearly see that only the character with actual depth and believable relationship are on top.
Best example:
if you try to do just the story and always ignore johnny, he is still after 4 times of talk "hey buddy we went through shit, huh".
You should have watched more - the "negative" stuff comes after. He's not so much critical of the story, though, so...

If CDPR got time machine, I wonder if they would decide to release Cyberpunk on Dec 10th, but with "yellow screen of doom 'tm " explaining, it is going to be an Early Access title, and they need 8-10 months to actualy finish it. Baldurs Gate 3 got released for 60$ as veeeery early access version, and there wasn't much drama about it.

I think poeple would be much more pleased with this outcome, than discovering step by step how much AI, roleplaying aspects , open world elements or quest system is lacking.

The Witcher 3 had much smaller team and budget, with so much more content than Cyberpunk ( it's not even close ). Insane to think now how they even made that game back then.
I remember meme making fun of Bioware\EA comparing them with CDPR. " Few Slavs in the basement " vs Billianaire megacorp. It was about comparing two RPG's , success of TW3 vs crappy ME Andromeda with much higher budget.

Today, CPDR is megacorp as well, bigger than Ubisoft. What we got ? Great looking but unfinished Cyberpunk 2077.

What happend, It's a mystery that will fascinate people for many years.

Top Bottom