except for judy other romance option feels so lacking in story and rushed

+
except for judy all other romance options storyline feels so lacking and empty, for judy her questline was so great and immersive, you experience her happiness, her grief, her anger, and her redemption and even after her last mission she still calls you, text with you, or even add random events when you call her making you feel that this person cares for you and making you feel like there's really a relationship on the other hand the other romance options feels so bland and plain, so lacking in story and character development, it feels so rushed and forgetful, like panams story panam is a great woman but sadly her questline is so rushed and lack so much content and character development, it feel so quick and emotionless and when you two get on a relationship after the last mission you guys basically never talk, she never calls, text, or even worry that V is dying unlike judy so yea panam really needs more story to make you feel theres a relationship, and for river ward his questline is so forgetful I didnt even remembered him till the last mission that I still have to help him and some people also didnt know that his a romanceable character so yea apart from judy all romance option needs more story and character development and make it feel more emotional and that they are really in a relationship not just like a one night stand and then he/she is gone from you life until the ending choices, PLS CDPR add more content to the romance options panam, kerry, meredith, and river ward needs more story and character development cause it feels like you guys was way too focus on judys questline that you just rushed the other romance options to save time for release.

Last edited:
You sure you didn't just miss some parts? I mean, like with Rogue, some are tied to other missions and then also clothes and even cars!
Also, have you called them? Taken them out for a ride etc? Stuff happens at special locations, you know, just pay attention to their background!
roguecar2.pngoutwithrogue1.pngroguecar3.pngrogueteasingagain.png

You sure you didn't just miss some parts? I mean, like with Rogue, some are tied to other missions and then also clothes and even cars!
Also, have you called them? Taken them out for a ride etc? Stuff happens at special locations, you know, just pay attention to their background!
View attachment 11101355View attachment 11101385View attachment 11101391View attachment 11101403
ye already done what you stated and rogue isnt a romance option for V instead those mission are more like a conclusion for johnny and rogues troubled relationship and yes I tried calling other romance options and they only have repetitive dialogues unlike judy who sometimes talk some random events when you call her before her regular dialogues shows up and she even text and call you sometimes making you feel you two have a connection unlike panams after you do her last mission she never calls, txt or do the things judy does making you feel as if there is no relationship between you two.

Judy far and away the best, although it could also be argued that Judy has more time and effort put into her entire story in general that she becomes that by default.

Panam comes second - although feels much more rushed and rail roaded - everyone else miles behind.

Overall the content regarding NPCs needs much more (not just in romance), expand on their stories and actually have them engage with each other, generally be a bit more cohesive.

It was supposed to be a game about the relationships you formed with characters and the impact you had on their life, but it doesn't lean enough into that, you'll do a few things for a few people and almost forget 20 hours later who they were. In hindsight - they could have dropped the entire main plot and focused more on those relationship and groups, and the game would only have been stronger for it.

Panam was really cool story, butt feels odd when its finish, we could call her, or she call me to go out, do some activitys and crash together in my apartment with some real sexy time, well just dreams 😭

They definitely are! For example River or Kerry. Nothing happens afterwards. No phone calls, no messages, no nothing. How is that supposed to be called a romance/relationship?! How hard could have been to implement a couple of messages now and then?! Plus, unlike Judy or Panam, they don't even follow V... because CD PR put on the lazy hat and thought that the players interested in them don't deserve as much attention as the main base - :censored:

They definitely are! For example River or Kerry. Nothing happens afterwards. No phone calls, no messages, no nothing. How is that supposed to be called a romance/relationship?! How hard could have been to implement a couple of messages now and then?! Plus, unlike Judy or Panam, they don't even follow V... because CD PR put on the lazy hat and thought that the players interested in them don't deserve as much attention as the main base - :censored:
Yea just like I said they need to add more content and make it feel like you guys are in a relationship to the other romance option except for judy, kerry feels like a 1 night stand instead of being a relationship while river ward's storyline is so forgetful and uninteresting that even most people still dont know his romanceable and for panam her character is really great the only sad part is her story is way to quick and feels rushed theres no emotion, you cant feel that they love each other and they need more content after there last mission cause it feels like a one night stand where after last mission they basically vanish from your life, so ya CDPR pls we really need you to update there story make it more immersive and heartwarming

I do agree with this but i still hope they can add more to my romance with Judy. it seems all options have the sex cutscene and relationships ends. I know this has been a point that comes up time and time again but until CDPR puts it in game I will continue to preach about it on this forum. :coolstory:

Here's my option in how to improve the romances in cyberpunk 2077:

Allow all romances to be bi but only when the player chooses a yellow dialog option. (yellow cause it's locking and doesn't discourage dialog exploration via the blue dialog options) .This means a character can be both bi and the original orientation at the same time - one play through bi other is lesbian/straight .E.g with Judy if your male you get a yellow dialog option at some point in Judy's quest chain (maybe before the rescue ? ) picking this option makes Judy open up very slightly about a past male relationship (no real context need to be given - one liner). This then allows you to run through the romance as per normal but as a male V (obviously character models and animations need more work but hopefully not significantly)

Same with Panam, this again can have a similar option where you have a dialog that does the same thing, Same with River and Kerry, (Kerry is a bit tricky cause you would need to add this dialog option in the Johnny cut scene? or on the first meet.)

This means instead of having one romance per gender/sexual preference you get two with very little work needed.(relatively).

If you want to add post relationship stuff (extremely unlikely to happen), i suggest a simple repeatable quest with one layered quest per character e.g Judy it's diving - get loot and a 3 option relation event. (e.g sitting on the beach, ..etc) then a layered quest about Judy visiting Evelyn Parker's grave , For Panam you do something with her clan (convoy ? repeatable ) and then something related to her fond of cars? , For River you do a simple bounty (random spawn an enemy in the city go kill/neutralize the target) layered quest about randy.

Or allow the player to talk about major events in the game with the character but i think this is way too much work due to decisions.

This would add so much to the game cause it's less about going from point a to point b story, now it's about living in the world.

Also weird the Claire doesn't get a romance. as far as i know the only transsexual character ?

except for judy all other romance options storyline feels so lacking and empty, for judy her questline was so great and immersive, you experience her happiness, her grief, her anger, and her redemption and even after her last mission she still calls you, text with you, or even add random events when you call her making you feel that this person cares for you and making you feel like there's really a relationship on the other hand the other romance options feels so bland and plain, so lacking in story and character development, it feels so rushed and forgetful, like panams story panam is a great woman but sadly her questline is so rushed and lack so much content and character development, it feel so quick and emotionless and when you two get on a relationship after the last mission you guys basically never talk, she never calls, text, or even worry that V is dying unlike judy so yea panam really needs more story to make you feel theres a relationship, and for river ward his questline is so forgetful I didnt even remembered him till the last mission that I still have to help him, so yea apart from judy all romance option needs more story and character development and make it feel more emotional and that they are really in a relationship not just like a one night stand and then he/she is gone from you life until the ending choices, PLS CDPR add more content to the romance options panam, kerry, meredith, and river ward needs more story and character development cause it feels like you guys was way to focus on judys questline that you just rushed the other romance options to save time for release.

I just finished the game. Trust me on this, Panam's arc is FAR from complete if you are still playing. That's all I'm going to say. Wouldn't want to ruin the story for anyone.

Here's my option in how to improve the romances in cyberpunk 2077:

Allow all romances to be bi but only when the player chooses a yellow dialog option. (yellow cause it's locking and doesn't discourage dialog exploration via the blue dialog options) .This means a character can be both bi and the original orientation at the same time - one play through bi other is lesbian/straight .E.g with Judy if your male you get a yellow dialog option at some point in Judy's quest chain (maybe before the rescue ? ) picking this option makes Judy open up very slightly about a past male relationship (no real context need to be given - one liner). This then allows you to run through the romance as per normal but as a male V (obviously character models and animations need more work but hopefully not significantly)

Same with Panam, this again can have a similar option where you have a dialog that does the same thing, Same with River and Kerry, (Kerry is a bit tricky cause you would need to add this dialog option in the Johnny cut scene? or on the first meet.)

This means instead of having one romance per gender/sexual preference you get two with very little work needed.(relatively).

If you want to add post relationship stuff (extremely unlikely to happen), i suggest a simple repeatable quest with one layered quest per character e.g Judy it's diving - get loot and a 3 option relation event. (e.g sitting on the beach, ..etc) then a layered quest about Judy visiting Evelyn Parker's grave , For Panam you do something with her clan (convoy ? repeatable ) and then something related to her fond of cars? , For River you do a simple bounty (random spawn an enemy in the city go kill/neutralize the target) layered quest about randy.

Or allow the player to talk about major events in the game with the character but i think this is way too much work due to decisions.

This would add so much to the game cause it's less about going from point a to point b story, now it's about living in the world.

Also weird the Claire doesn't get a romance. as far as i know the only transsexual character ?
Your suggestion about making characters bi and their original sexuality makes no sense. I don't see how they can be either or. It just seems you are trying to skip around the argument for the developers to change her to bi without actually making her bi but they would still make her bi.

What I really like about Judy being lesbian is that its part of her story - and I thank everyone involved in making that decision. I also want to thank whoever choreographed/created the sex scene. It's legit. (y)

Let's hope there will be a DLC to expand existing character stories and add additional romance love interests as a whole. I feel like that is the main problem,, there aren't enough love interests, not that Judy isn't bisexual.

What I really like about Judy being lesbian is that its part of her story - and I thank everyone involved in making that decision. I also want to thank whoever choreographed/created the sex scene. It's legit. (y)

Let's hope there will be a DLC to expand existing character stories and add additional romance love interests as a whole. I feel like that is the main problem,, there aren't enough love interests, not that Judy isn't bisexual.

I kinda have to agree ,lack of options is the issue but impossible to add now. my though is what is the cheapest (dev time wise to give more options without adding a heap of content), The bi option (not actually making the character bi) but the player get's the same result regardless of gender.

+1 for not having the characters change their orientation. One of the best parts about RPGs is that the characters are their own people - and your role playing experience won't change them - just your interactions with them. I'm not a fan of taking the cop out route and having them all change to suit the player. I want strong, independent characters that react to the character I'm playing appropriately.

+1 for not having the characters change their orientation. One of the best parts about RPGs is that the characters are their own people - and your role playing experience won't change them - just your interactions with them. I'm not a fan of taking the cop out route and having them all change to suit the player. I want strong, independent characters that react to the character I'm playing appropriately.
I really dont want any orientation to change instead add more story to other romance options is way better or introduce new romanceable characters is way better than change a already existing characters orientation.

Top Bottom