Excluding old Gen console from new content

+
I started from scratch. Crafted several knifes already, tried with katanas... you believe it's because it's old gen?
That would constitute some indications of leaving it behind, not on features it can't handle but in terms of adding new content in. Come on CDPR we want what we can handle
You didn't have the new animation with the training katana in the "BD" ?
(V runs his hand over the blade)
Honestly, if it's the case, I would be surprised. I'm not an expert, but it's just an animation. I would not really understand why the "old" consoles could not handle it :(

You didn't have the new animation with the training katana in the "BD" ?
(V runs his hand over the blade)
Honestly, if it's the case, I would be surprised. I'm not an expert, but it's just an animation. I would not really understand why the "old" consoles could not handle it :(
ah didn't do the tutorial, but during gameplay, if it's a new one it should also right?

ah didn't do the tutorial, but during gameplay, if it's a new one it should also right?
Ok, I tried.
So you can only see it one time with each rarity of knives (so in short, except for Scorpion's one, int total during the whole game, the animation will be played 5 times...)
If you didn't equip Satori or Black Unicorn yet, you should see the new animation one time if you equip them. Instead of knives, I suppose that katanas exist in different "types" (so maybe possible to see it more frequently, at least if you change your katana regularly.
21-02-2022_20-07-16-ltd3k44t.jpeg21-02-2022_20-08-28-rko4nlof.jpeg21-02-2022_20-09-22-l4f13r1r.jpeg
IIf not, it's not a big loss because it's only displayed once, but still, it's a shame :(

Ok, I tried.
So you can only see it one time with each rarity of knives (so in short, except for Scorpion's one, int total during the whole game, the animation will be played 5 times...)
If you didn't equip Satori or Black Unicorn yet, you should see the new animation one time if you equip them. Instead of knives, I suppose that katanas exist in different "types" (so maybe possible to see it more frequently, at least if you change your katana regularly.
View attachment 11285083View attachment 11285086View attachment 11285089
IIf not, it's not a big loss because it's only displayed once, but still, it's a shame :(
black unicorn that's right, also didn't trigger. On the live demo they did every time she picked the thrown knife it would trigger by the way. Although that would be annoying also

I don’t agree the problem here is CDPR not being honest enough with the community and with them self’s sorry now if Sony and Microsoft has the limitations you mention like we all know they do then CDPR should develop the game for PC only in the first place right, stop shifting the blame and now [...]
Hardware limitations exist and are a thing, the game probably should've been a next gen/pc exclusive so consider yourself lucky the last gen consoles even have a stable version. By next year most people will have upgraded and last gen consoles will become obsolete like 360/PS3 just how it is choom.

re: new melee weapon animations - I'm not seeing them either on PS4 Slim, I only just discovered they existed so not upset they're missing, but thinking it may be a bug. Surely these wouldn't be omitted due to technical limitations, as every other weapon has the first time animation, plus the 1.5 patch introduced plenty of elements previously missing stuff, like NCPD crime scene holograms which I am seeing for the first time.

On a related note, I am sure I am seeing random new handgun reloads, like on the Kongou - but I haven't played for 2 months so maybe just me!

Will check Phallustiff tomorrow, but definitely not seeing anything new for katanas and knives.

Hardware limitations exist and are a thing, the game probably should've been a next gen/pc exclusive so consider yourself lucky the last gen consoles even have a stable version. By next year most people will have upgraded and last gen consoles will become obsolete like 360/PS3 just how it is choom.
Sorry but I can’t really call a rip-off being lucky, I still can’t play the game without it crashing now and then with frustrating game braking bugs almost all the time on update 1.5 and thats the reality and frustration of all this.

Eh not really. At the time of development a next gen was not even talked about so this has nothing to do with luck. That eventually those will be left behind, certainly. And patch 1.5 proves that Cyberpunk falls into a hybrid category.
Next to that the question is not so much that everyone will have upgraded. Because people I know tend to upgrade based on demand/requirement. The question will more so be where Cyberpunk will go (CDPR aspiration for the game) and if ps4 era can still support, answer will be something between "not completely and no".
And then more and more people will upgrade to next gen as more and more games they desire are out for said new system.
But during development time of CP77 the idea of upgrading, specifically the console, was a nonissue because it simply didnt exist, and would not do so for several more years.
Not even at the big direction chance of CP77 around 2018.
I made a short timeline for that somewhere.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry but I can’t really call a rip-off being lucky, I still can’t play the game without it crashing now and then with frustrating game braking bugs almost all the time on update 1.5 and thats the reality and frustration of all this.
For what system?

I didn't read this thread entirely. But I REALLY hope that expansion will cut off old gen.
Same happened with Dragon Age Inquisition if I remember well. We deserve true current gen contents about this game

on the ps4 pro?
:( Which gamebreaking bugs are you having?

on the ps4 pro?
:( Which gamebreaking bugs are you having?
Ye on PS4 pro with an ssd installd well I started a new game and in the first car chase gun animations were not there when I shot, I cud see hitponts but that’s it also no gun shot sound, I flatlined both in and out of the car with half my health bar remaining about 10 timmes, in a movie before I also flatlined haha and then crash, when I later talk to Dex in the car for the first time the dialog cuts in the middle of Dex talking like I haven’t pressed the button to continue the dialog in the middle of every sentence, loot floating around when I get out just to name a couple an on top of everything crash after crash :(

Ye on PS4 pro with an ssd installd well I started a new game and in the first car chase gun animations were not there when I shot, I cud see hitponts but that’s it also no gun shot sound, I flatlined both in and out of the car with half my health bar remaining about 10 timmes, in a movie before I also flatlined haha and then crash, when I later talk to Dex in the car for the first time the dialog cuts in the middle of Dex talking like I haven’t pressed the button to continue the dialog in the middle of every sentence, loot floating around when I get out just to name a couple an on top of everything crash after crash :(
And Then there’s also this, what is this CP 2077 ore 8-bit Mario

Attachments

• 770CF965-CA67-41EE-BA46-744976B771D2.jpeg
    770CF965-CA67-41EE-BA46-744976B771D2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • 4D9EBBF3-B867-463A-85A0-BBFA563A9DD4.jpeg
    4D9EBBF3-B867-463A-85A0-BBFA563A9DD4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I didn't read this thread entirely. But I REALLY hope that expansion will cut off old gen.
Same happened with Dragon Age Inquisition if I remember well. We deserve true current gen contents about this game
the only way to get current gen contents is to get a current gen. PS5, Xbox series or PC
PS4 and all models or Xbox one are not current generation

Yeah that shadow I hoped would be gone. I'm not having these issues. Technically speaking and specific on ps4 pro with SSD, the worst part of the patch for me so far, among many positives, is the LOD. Man at sniping distance the enemies are polygons; also AVs take flight and then disappear at a certain distance :(

Yeah that shadow I hoped would be gone. I'm not having these issues. Technically speaking and specific on ps4 pro with SSD, the worst part of the patch for me so far, among many positives, is the LOD. Man at sniping distance the enemies are polygons; also AVs take flight and then disappear at a certain distance :(
I’m glad you don’t have the same experience I’m having, maybe I’ll try a fresh install and try again soon when I’m finished playing other games maybe It’ll help, haha ye I know don’t get me started on distant objects that’s really frustrating this time around and it’s weird because the bugs I’m experiencing now wasn’t there on patch 1,3 even the shadow thing is new for me it’s really weird.

Eh not really. At the time of development a next gen was not even talked about so this has nothing to do with luck. That eventually those will be left behind, certainly. And patch 1.5 proves that Cyberpunk falls into a hybrid category.
Next to that the question is not so much that everyone will have upgraded. Because people I know tend to upgrade based on demand/requirement. The question will more so be where Cyberpunk will go (CDPR aspiration for the game) and if ps4 era can still support, answer will be something between "not completely and no".
And then more and more people will upgrade to next gen as more and more games they desire are out for said new system.
But during development time of CP77 the idea of upgrading, specifically the console, was a nonissue because it simply didnt exist, and would not do so for several more years.

For what system?
PS4 pro

I’m glad you don’t have the same experience I’m having, maybe I’ll try a fresh install and try again soon when I’m finished playing other games maybe It’ll help, haha ye I know don’t get me started on distant objects that’s really frustrating this time around and it’s weird because the bugs I’m experiencing now wasn’t there on patch 1,3 even the shadow thing is new for me it’s really weird.

PS4 pro
are you going to continue this save or start fresh after reinstall? you could try deleting the saves and profile save... or upload if you have cloud and do a restore of the database. Doesn't take so long at least for me

I think the recent PS4/corrupt after 1.5 update showed that CDPR can avoid a potential shitstrom if they did decide to end support for old-gen, only angry users on forums, next to no media attention was the worst of it.
I hope they don't, but acquiring a new machine. Either people cannot afford them, or us gonks just can't find them in stores.
This is only a thing since update 1.3 I believe (the worst one I always notice during The Rescue intro mission). If they can put hair on shadows they should be able to roll it back.
They keep tweaking the lighting/SSR settings I think, screen space reflections were OK between 1.2 and 1.3 on console, but now look to have gone crazy in 1.5, and make the game look like a moving Renoir painting sometimes.

the only way to get current gen contents is to get a current gen. PS5, Xbox series or PC
PS4 and all models or Xbox one are not current generation
In fact, for current gen I mean ps5 or series X/S or Pc.
I'm doing my second playthrough on series X right now. And the game shines even better than before ;)
I desire the better for this game, for this IP and for CDPR, but they REALLY need to cut off old gen console for best optimising on less number (and more powerful) consoles ;)

are you going to continue this save or start fresh after reinstall? you could try deleting the saves and profile save... or upload if you have cloud and do a restore of the database. Doesn't take so long at least for me
Yes that seems to be my last option all dho I did start a new game but I didn’t reinstall the game or got rid of my old save on level 35 so yes I will start totally fresh next time around, thanx for the tips.

I think the recent PS4/corrupt after 1.5 update showed that CDPR can avoid a potential shitstrom if they did decide to end support for old-gen, only angry users on forums, next to no media attention was the worst of it.
I hope they don't, but acquiring a new machine. Either people cannot afford them, or us gonks just can't find them in stores.

This is only a thing since update 1.3 I believe (the worst one I always notice during The Rescue intro mission). If they can put hair on shadows they should be able to roll it back.
They keep tweaking the lighting/SSR settings I think, screen space reflections were OK between 1.2 and 1.3 on console, but now look to have gone crazy in 1.5, and make the game look like a moving Renoir painting sometimes.
Ye hope not I hope they can focus a little on last gen with an update, because for me upgrading for one game seems like a waste of money right now, and we’re I’m @ I would hav to support scalpers to even get a PS5 and that’s out of the question for me, and by principle I think we deserve @ least, new features ore not a decent working game.

Last edited:
Yes that seems to be my last option all dho I did start a new game but I didn’t reinstall the game or got rid of my old save on level 35 so yes I will start totally fresh next time around, thanx for the tips.

Ye hope not I hope they can focus a little on last gen with an update, because for me upgrading for one game seems like a waste of money right now, and we’re I’m @ I would hav to support scalpers to even get a PS5 and that’s out of the question for me, and by principle I think we deserve @ least, new features ore not a decent working game.
Which is unfortunate, with next gen consoles and graphics cards but not cdpr's fault and you can't be mad if hardware can't handle some of the upgrades. That would just be selfish to not want extra content added for next gen users and people with proper PC specs to miss out or hold back the game. Eventually getting a next gen console won't so difficult hopefully soon.

For what system?
I said "should've been" a PC/next gen exclusive anyways it's just how it is a generation of consoles die out. You don't see anyone demanding cyberpunk be playable on their low spec PC or PS3/Xbox 360. Also last time I checked the game was released December 2020 not 2018. But feel free to keep talking about e3 and fabricated promises IDC...

Last edited:
Top Bottom