Exclusive Fan Art Contest at deviantART

+
It wasn't mentioned when they announce the winners. But it's just 9-10 days since deadline. Good quality needs exhaustive survey ;)I don't think Unkreativ's pic has less chance to win a prize. As far as I remember one condition of contest said "a good idea and a good way to realise it in the artwork. And these two conditions passed Unkreativ with flying colours :beer:

Unfortunately I also don’t know anything about the contest – we are not organizing it so we can only patiently wait I think :peace:

the rules said October 15th T_T ;))
PetraSilie said:
I don't think Unkreativ's pic has less chance to win a prize. As far as I remember one condition of contest said "a good idea and a good way to realise it in the artwork. And these two conditions passed Unkreativ with flying colours :beer:
Yeah, but the problem is the copyright of Monsters Inc I think...

Guest 2005166

Citlalcolotl said:
the rules said October 15th T_T ;))
Citlalcolotl said:
I don't think Unkreativ's pic has less chance to win a prize. As far as I remember one condition of contest said "a good idea and a good way to realise it in the artwork. And these two conditions passed Unkreativ with flying colours :beer:
Yeah, but the problem is the copyright of Monsters Inc I think...
Well, can be a problem or not. Personally, I vote for not, as it´s parody. And it can be considered as a cross-over fanart. Most important is the context in which the characters appear, and I think I kept their appearance still in the limits of a "quotation" (in showing only the head or parts of the head - in case of Mike it´s a bit difficult, because this Dude IS just a head with attached limbs).Considering now, Disney also sued a Kindergarten for a hardly recognisable version of their Micky Mouse, I probably will spend the next years in the clink. Woops... Geralt, save me.

Unkreativ said:
Well, can be a problem or not. Personally, I vote for not, as it´s parody. And it can be considered as a cross-over fanart. Most important is the context in which the characters appear, and I think I kept their appearance still in the limits of a "quotation" (in showing only the head or parts of the head - in case of Mike it´s a bit difficult, because this Dude IS just a head with attached limbs).Considering now, Disney also sued a Kindergarten for a hardly recognisable version of their Micky Mouse, I probably will spend the next years in the clink. Woops... Geralt, save me.
Well, I think there will be no problems till you don't use that your work for commercial purposes. By that I mean if you print it on few t-shirts or few cups, that's ok. But it's definitely not suitable for as large scale production as Kindergarten.Good luck with the competition :beer: :beer: :beer:

I agree – I think the Disney copyright shouldn’t be the obstacle – exactly as you Said the drawing is a parody and the artist can use public brands, logos etcetera to express themselves

Top Bottom