Exotics in 2077

+
I know I've brought this up way too many times now, but I feel like the reds are paying attention to these forums more and it would be a good time to bring this back up.

In 2020, exotics were people who underwent cosmetic modification and augmentation to look like animals and such, first being mentioned in the core book in a little footnote I believe, then later in some of the chrome series books some exotic modifications were detailed as far as rules go.

A particular limitation behind exotics was how costly it was to get the modifications and to maintain them. But we can brush that away and just say in 57 years it all became cheaper I guess...

I *really* want to play as an exotic in Cyberpunk 2077. Please CDPR, find a way for this to happen. I'm not holding my breath on quality mods (or mod support, even) to step in and fill in what was left out. Please make it so I can turn V into an exotic, or start out as one, or something.

i love to run and climb like a black leopard :)

kjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpg

I *really* want to play as an exotic in Cyberpunk 2077. Please CDPR, find a way for this to happen. I'm not holding my breath on quality mods (or mod support, even) to step in and fill in what was left out.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if we ask CDPR enough times for a proper modkit for CP2077 (nicely), they might give it to us. Don't underestimate the modding community equipped with a proper modkit.

If the future contains furries, I'm out.

On a more serious note, I'm not sure how they could tackle the huge potential range of things that'd be available, so modding seems like a much better option for this sort of thing. There's probably a lot of mechanical differences between the different exotics, so that's a lot of time that could be spent elsewhere. I've no idea if that's true, having never played the PnP, so I'm just assuming.

They are debating even letting you see if you get cyberlimbs. I.e. visible cyberware being in the game beyond the super simple. Check the Dev Answers.

So letting you go Exotic, a niche interest even in 2020? Super unlikely.

Pray for solid modding support then.

Generally I hope they will build a strong modding kit or so. The community and game will benefit heavily.

I think the game, surely great by itself, will see additional use for YEARS with solid modding opposed to... little to no modding support.

It will allow the players to add what could not be added for whatever reason. Thus making the customer happy

And the best part: it's all optional, free and potentially "endless".

Modding increases replayability and overall content. My favorite game, Skyrim, is still relevant today thanks to the incredible mods that have come out for the game.

Furries? In my CyberPunk 2077? It's more likely than you think.

Seriously though I don't think we'll be able to do that much. This game isn't even letting players use all the classes from the PnP. It seems ridiculous to think that we'll be able to create a character that, as you've said, was only mentioned in the footnotes.

I want to play a tuxedo clad rhino mixed with venus flytrap and portugese man o’ war suffering from down syndrome, thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom