Exotics in 2077

+

Exotics in 2077

• Total voters
Chromebook 3 (i think it was) of the pnp game had a whole section of exotics. You could choose from a range of animals (such as cats and dogs or bears, to the more bizarre such as sharks and insectmen, or go full on fantasy by making yourself look like orcs and elves and even dragons. And then there was the playbeing...

And then there was the playbeing...
I crated an NPC in my PBEM game here in the forums built around a playbeing.
At the time none of the players was running a Solo build so they needed and NPC to fill the gap.

Didnt we see that one picture where wealthy people used somekind of cheetah as pets? I believe we are gonna get exotics pets for launch at least.

Didnt we see that one picture where wealthy people used somekind of cheetah as pets? I believe we are gonna get exotics pets for launch at least.
I suspect these are a "style" thing for specific NPCs not something the player can own.

I suspect these are a "style" thing for specific NPCs not something the player can own.

Well, there could be a quest where we have to infiltrate a group of exotics, and have Dr Victor implant V whiskers, cat ears and a tail :)
I'd love that, even if it's just for a quest.
*purrs*

Yeah, I was thinking how common Exotics are in Cyberpunk world are they as common as Cyberware, for example.
I’d say, in 2020 at least, they’re about as common as any specific piece of extremely expensive specialty cyberware. Certainly more common than FBCs (full body conversions where the brain is transplanted into a cybernetic/robotic body).

I’d say, in 2020 at least, they’re about as common as any specific piece of extremely expensive specialty cyberware. Certainly more common than FBCs (full body conversions where the brain is transplanted into a cybernetic/robotic body).

Oooh yes. Very much so. From the Corebook: "
Exotic fashion is incredibly expensive,
time consuming and usually a hobby
among only the very rich and very bored.
Prices are based on the individual enhancements."

And those prices -start- at 3,000 eb and go up.

Now, by Chrome 2, things had changed a bit. Roughly 2022.

Biotechnica offers many attractive options.

Light Exotic work, such as cat-teeth (500 EB) or minor facial work - cat ears, whiskers, 1000 eb, it's much more affordable.

The Bunny, 1250 eb.

The mouse-detective look, 1450 eb.

The KatNip package, 3400 eb.

All prices before surgery cost - which can add up, but that's true of all cyberware.

If you want to look like a ferret, you shell out 2100 eb after everything. Not cheap, when the average cit makes 3200 eb per year (above the table har har), but compared to a single base cyberarm (3,000) plus surgery (2500) for 5500 eb, suddenly the Bunny Exotic package at 1750 eb total looks much more reasonable.

Heavier exotics, like Dragon and Bear, cost more like serious cyberware still. Bear, at the top end, would run you 30,400 eb. Bughouse - really alien, or even Alien - even worse.

So seeing people with cat ears or bunny tail and whiskers, etc, not too uncommon at all by 2022 or so.

By 2077, I'd bet that's still true, and maybe some of the more exotic Exotics have come down as surgery became quicker and thus cheaper.

By 2077, I'd bet that's still true, and maybe some of the more exotic Exotics have come down as surgery became quicker and thus cheaper.
Even Cyberpunk is subject to the laws of supply and demand.

While certainly possible I really don't see there being a huge demand for the more exotic exotics. Elf/Spock ears, a dime a dozen; full feline conversions, yeah everyone's seen one, once or twice; a shark or bug ... I saw one on the net/news.

For my third playthrough I was thinking of as a corpo futa if this could be a good fit as well. I have something like this in mind.

Attachments

• 2c95c6ebf9093fbc283271d2c84a9b51.jpg
    2c95c6ebf9093fbc283271d2c84a9b51.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 2530e008c529c3a95e7196e78ca397c7.jpg
    2530e008c529c3a95e7196e78ca397c7.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
a shark or bug ... I saw one on the net/news.

Yep.

Or a famous rockstar/Solo/Media has this cool new Cthulhu Exotic - did you read about it in the Screamsheets?

Even in the 2077 stuff we've seen so far, you don't see a lot that's really extreme outside of Maelstrom's stuff. Because Boosters.

What would be most fitting is if the Nomad Lifepath prologue involves a group of Totem Warriors - who, in 2020, were Nomads who got Exotic mods to become closer to their Totem animal...and for which 2020 has an optional rule to waive the Therapy costs for reducing humanity loss (due to Nomad culture being supportive and accepting of them).

What would be most fitting is if the Nomad Lifepath prologue involves a group of Totem Warriors - who, in 2020, were Nomads who got Exotic mods to become closer to their Totem animal...and for which 2020 has an optional rule to waive the Therapy costs for reducing humanity loss (due to Nomad culture being supportive and accepting of them).
Problem is nomads don't generally have to money to spare for such things. They need to eat and keep their vehicles running and fueled. And there's alway a fellow pack member that could use a helping hand, they're family after all.

Exotics are generally limited to those with more money then common sense, or those "making a statement" (which often is also a lack of common sense).

Problem is nomads don't generally have to money to spare for such things. They need to eat and keep their vehicles running and fueled. And there's alway a fellow pack member that could use a helping hand, they're family after all.

Exotics are generally limited to those with more money then common sense, or those "making a statement" (which often is also a lack of common sense).
Maybe they were able to steal or create (or both) the technology needed in order to modify themselves as they saw fit, (but maybe it doesn't always turn out well?) and maybe the missions where they go to steal the technology is kind of like a right of passage for them? Would be interesting?

Actually, Nomads probably have an easier time scraping the money together than most, at least the larger groups. Construction contracts pay well, as do entertainer gigs. If they didn’t, do you really think circuses and carnies RL would be able to keep, oh, for example, elephants, whose daily food requirements are measured by the *ton*? The reason most Nomads avoid cyberware isn’t money, it’s the regular maintenance requirements.

As for “limited to those with more money than common sense”, not in the case of Nomads. Keep in mind that Native American culture forms a *large* part of Nomads’ cultural practices. Also, if you skip the therapy for Humanity Loss (which Nomads can do for cultural reasons and still get the reduced cost) there are a number of Exotic packages in Chromebook 2 that cost little more than a single cyberarm with addons.

they where in original game so why wouldnt they be in 2077 just be interesting to see how implemented and if was option for player custimization

Top Bottom