Exotics in 2077

+

Exotics in 2077

• Total voters
Damn, I didnt know this about Cyberpunk. I remember Nu-Tek stuff, clothes with for example ipad put into it etc.

But yeah, sure why not to become animal?

Yeah, I would prefer Fashionware over this, its just how deep Cyberpunk experience they want to give us. I would probably save something for sequels.

Last edited:
I don't think becoming an animal is a cyberpunk thing but I don't mind if the choice exists... I want freedom of choice after all. It's just not something I would personally pick.

I could settle for exotics appearing in advertisements only.. or maybe some NPCs. I prefer devs focusing on stylistic and cyberware choices (which admittedly exotic-package is one of).

I think maybe thought should also be given to a general stylistic vs practical balance. We already know that clothing has stats in the game, so hopefully there exists some balance to avoid everyone defaulting to full body armor and not making a V that really rocks that cool Cyberpunk style.

Similarly I would not want "cosmetic" modifications like Exotics to compete for space with "practical" cyberwear like scanner eyes or mantis arms. In the PnP "custom color" of implants was just an add-on that you paid a premium for, but did not affect the actual functionality of the item. Similarly, Exotics did not provoke cyberpsycosis/humanity loss the same way regular implants did, so they could co-exist without any real drawbacks.

I don't think becoming an animal is a cyberpunk thing but I don't mind if the choice exists... I want freedom of choice after all. It's just not something I would personally pick.

I could settle for exotics appearing in advertisements only.. or maybe some NPCs. I prefer devs focusing on stylistic and cyberware choices (which admittedly exotic-package is one of).

I think it's linked with loss of humanity/blurring the lines of it, same with the mechanical full body replacement.
In the second Chromebook there is a special package for exotics, usually used as an extra/expansion to them, "the playbeing" it turns you into "master of the arts of physical pleasure" another is "the superman" this one looks like a regular ripped human but with lot's of crazy stuff inside of you that makes you the most biologically perfect creature the science can do, so basically those Exotic packages can turn you into a tool.

Batman Beyond also had something similar:

I would definitely try it out if the right mods were available. I don’t think I’d want to be a cat person though. Moreso I’d like to sort of customize myself to look sort of aquatic. Change the color of my skin to a turquoise or purple or silver, maybe change the texture to snake or fish scales or make it extra smooth like frog skin, replace my ears with elf ears, sharpen my teeth or add fangs, remove my nose, change my eyes to something snake or catlike, or something really out there like cuttlefish eyes but in a bright glowing Chartreuse or Violet or one of each.

I'm currently listening to a podcast with Cyberpunk Community Manager Lilayah, and they asked about exotics. She responded with a "I can't talk about this right now," which to me says that it's either something big they're saving for later, or it's something that's on the table but they're not sure if it'll be fully implemented. I feel like if it were off the table, she would've been able to say that, but I'm not a dev so what do I know.

I'm currently listening to a podcast with Cyberpunk Community Manager Lilayah, and they asked about exotics. She responded with a "I can't talk about this right now," which to me says that it's either something big they're saving for later, or it's something that's on the table but they're not sure if it'll be fully implemented. I feel like if it were off the table, she would've been able to say that, but I'm not a dev so what do I know.
I tend to agree.
It's not off the table, but still not something I expect in CP2077.
Maybe a DLC?

Exotics would be one hell of a DLC.
I don't think it would be great DLC on its own, but it could be part of some sort of "Night City entertainment" DLC with new side activities, new character creation options, new NPCs etc.

Last edited:
I would be more interested in the fantasy Exotics of the lore... It would be really cool if you could visually augment your face and ears so that you look like an elf, but sadly that will most likely not become reality ^^.

Well, have to keep your eyes open for things....because it might surprise you.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 162
Well more pointing to the one on the left, with the tiger striped skin who has a very "animalistic" look. (I believe part of the Animals Gang)

I went with "Eh no thanks" but for a very different reason then you might think. I would love to see exotics, and I would love to have the player option to get exotic oneself.

However, I don think our society is ready for it. Imagine the backlash of certain people, who take political correctness way to seriously, if the game depicts a character who hates exotics, or exotics as enemies...

I see it as anything else...

Its a game and games are supposed to be ....fun . So I voted yes .

There are things like MP or PVP I dont care for...heck..I hate PVP . But I wouldn't go out of my way to tell tha world..'NO PVP! PVP SUCK!'' ..y'know .

Should be fun at least .

However, I don think our society is ready for it. Imagine the backlash of certain people, who take political correctness way to seriously, if the game depicts a character who hates exotics, or exotics as enemies...
No matter what you do, or don't do, someone is going to get bent outta shape.

Don't worry about it. Do what makes sense and fits with the games design/lore.

Top Bottom