Exotics in 2077

+

Exotics in 2077

• Total voters
Exotics in 2077

So I'm bored as heck, looking through the CP2020 wiki for the 100th time this year and I see this thing called "exotics" right next to the booster-gangs.

To any cyberpunk noobs out there, exotics are basically people who augment themselves to look like animals.

Heres some pictures so you know what they look like usually:

So my questions for you guys is should Exotics be in 2077 and if they are gonna be in it, how much will they be different in 2077?

I'd love to see them in-game but for them not to wind up looking like people in fur-suits they have to move differently, meaning character animations. Also NPCs have to react to a character (or another NPC) with extreme exotic mods, meaning different dialog.

If the game world ignores that you're a kitty cat then we wind up with DA:O after the origins story sequence and virtually no one was satisfied with that.

I'd love to see them in-game but for them not to wind up looking like people in fur-suits they have to move differently, meaning character animations. Also NPCs have to react to a character (or another NPC) with extreme exotic mods, meaning different dialog.

If the game world ignores that you're a kitty cat then we wind up with DA:O after the origins story sequence and virtually no one was satisfied with that.

YES PLEASE!

Like you said, the PC should move differently depending on what animal parts they got (Kitty or lizard legs?)

And yeah NPCs should definitely react to you differently after you basically turned yourself into an animal.

I voted maybe. I guess I mean with that "why not". :D

I'm the noob here, so I don't have any idea about this CP thing. Idea about Exotics is interesting and new to me.

Could we have replaceable body parts that gives us minor boost? :D "Horn of power" and "nails of bleeding" :D "Tattoo of shadows" :D Or do those just look different?

Hell yeah!

Although at least my first character would probably spend all his/her money on those mods and become pretty much useless in any other regard XD

Exotics definitely makes sense for the game, seeing how furry fandom is pretty big this days, so it something I can see definitely happening in our future. Not to mention that if CDPR added this customization option, that fandom would definitely boost the game popularity, which is good, because extra marketing, though can be also pretty bad, seeing how often this people came off as quite obnoxious. But if the style and fashion means so much in this world, I don't see any reason not to put as many options as possible. Of course, if they decide to implement this, they should definitely make it so in some areas Exotics are not unusual sight, but in others people will be weirded out by this look or even act hostile (for example: gangs that see this type of body alterations as blasphemous).

Maybe. Maybe, not. Weird and eccentric has its place if it is not overdone and implented with care.

If they get included, though... prepare to possibly start bumbing into those "Why can't I be a furry in the game? WTF CDPR? Discrimination! Bigotry! Racism!" and "Why can't I analfuck/marry/have children/cuddle/bondage/bukkake/make a nest/refrigerator-fetish with that hot obviously furry-zebra semimammal-water-rodent-kin gurl-boeh in the corner of that one night club? Make it happen CDPR!", "Muh representashun, folks!" -types of posts when that folk starts opening their yaps... :D

Last edited:
Maybe. Maybe, not. Weird and eccentric has its place if it is not overdone and implented with care.

If they get included, though... prepare to possibly start bumbing into those "Why can't I be a furry in the game? WTF CDPR? Discrimination! Bigotry! Racism!" and "Why can't I analfuck/marry/have children/cuddle/bondage/bukkake/make a nest/refrigerator-fetish with that hot obviously furry-zebra semimammal-water-rodent-kin gurl-boeh in the corner of that one night club? Make it happen CDPR!", "Muh representashun, folks!" -types of posts when that folk starts opening their yaps... :D

Nah, I think it's probably going to be OK. As the only species that can actually use the internet are humans and cats, and cats really aren't into this stuff, the requesters will still basically be human, so they should have the same options available as other players.

Of course, if the cats DO start to get into this stuff, CDPR will have a lot of problems. But there's bigger issues at stake there, like disposable income.

Nah, I think it's probably going to be OK. As the only species that can actually use the internet are humans and cats, and cats really aren't into this stuff, the requesters will still basically be human, so they should have the same options available as other players.

Of course, if the cats DO start to get into this stuff, CDPR will have a lot of problems. But there's bigger issues at stake there, like disposable income.

Cats shan't be a problem. They're smart enough.

/inb4 Old Man Grump, aka wisdom000. ;-)

Meh? Not my thing; if CDPR decides to include Exotic mods, not something I'd be likely to partake of. I wouldn't be fussed if they were included, though.

do they augment themselves only to look like animals or to have some special skills too? they look scary

It's just a fashion trend. In fact, some of those animal parts (paws, hooves) negatively impacts character stats. It's mostly something for rich people with furry fetish or people who want more unique look.

do they augment themselves only to look like animals or to have some special skills too? they look scary
Depends entirely on the individual augmentation there aren't really any skills per say associated with them. Having say digitigrade legs would allow you to run a bit faster, but of course wearing normal pants or standard body armor leg protection is out of the question.

For the most part they tend to give as many disadvantages as advantages.

Last edited:
I voted maybe. I guess I mean with that "why not". :D

I'm the noob here, so I don't have any idea about this CP thing. Idea about Exotics is interesting and new to me.

Could we have replaceable body parts that gives us minor boost? :D "Horn of power" and "nails of bleeding" :D "Tattoo of shadows" :D Or do those just look different?

Well if you get claws you lose -2 reflexes but at least you can rip off someones face if you have sufficient strength.

Well if you get claws you lose -2 reflexes but at least you can rip off someones face if you have sufficient strength.

Of course, they could give you the REAL penalty and make it impossible to use a gun unless you paid for some very expensive mods :)

I think that if it were in the game, it's something I'd try on repeat playthroughs, just for fun, but definitely not something I'd want to do generally.

Of course, they could give you the REAL penalty and make it impossible to use a gun unless you paid for some very expensive mods :)

I think that if it were in the game, it's something I'd try on repeat playthroughs, just for fun, but definitely not something I'd want to do generally.

Yeah definitely special.

Id say go for it, have it be a customization option, tho have the procedure be costly, as its stated that exotics are mainly a thing for those rare people in the dark future that have a large amount of disposable income.

You could also have non-animal exotics, stuff like elves, orcs, aliens and that Ubermensch one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom