Exp bug makes game impossible to play --> cdprojekt please reply

+
I can now confirm that I'm getting XP as usual again. Just received 500 XP at the end of "Carnal Sins". I don't know how this happened, but I'm glad it did. Still, I sure hope the fix will be out soon.

I can now confirm that I'm getting XP as usual again. Just received 500 XP at the end of "Carnal Sins". I don't know how this happened, but I'm glad it did. Still, I sure hope the fix will be out soon.

I just completed the Lord Of Undivik side quest and still didn't get any XP :(

I have the same problem on PS4. No XP gain for story quest although it is in green (3 level below my level).
I have this problem since i installed the patch 1.03....
About 2000XP lost that way...

I just completed the Lord Of Undivik side quest and still didn't get any XP :(

I'm very sorry, seems like no one else had a "miraculous recovery" like I did... I did a few quests after Carnal Sins yesterday and everything is working normal like nothing ever happened. But I'm still missing 3000 XP, so I'm eager to learn about the fix too ^^

I'm experiencing this bug on the PC version too, patch 1.04 with latest free DLC (Yennefer's new costume, etc.). Just completed Count Reuven's Treasure (at lvl. 15) without getting any XP for it, and an hour prior I had started to notice a lack of XP rewards but initially thought it was a design choice for certain quests. Apparently not. I went back to the manual save I started tonight's play session at: I was lvl. 14 bordering on 15. After four or so hours of gameplay and a considerable number of quests advanced or completed, I was only 500xp into lvl. 15. Which I may have gotten from enemies killed and uses of Axii in conversations.

Beonet has asked here whether the XP can be retroactively given once the new patch fixes the issue, based on the number of quests finished vs. how much XP the player should have. If it is at all possible, please implement that.

By the way: THE WITCHER 3 is a breathtakingly good game and I congratulate CD Projekt Red on a job incredibly well done. It'll be painful not to play until this problem is fixed. :)

I'm very sorry, seems like no one else had a "miraculous recovery" like I did... I did a few quests after Carnal Sins yesterday and everything is working normal like nothing ever happened. But I'm still missing 3000 XP, so I'm eager to learn about the fix too ^^

This is the problem, do I just stop playing? Or do I continue and hopefully the patch will reward me with the XP im missing? I really don't know

How is it possible to ruin such a good game..
XP bug on all platforms...
Save bug on Xbox1....
This game is not playable until new fixes....

Is it asking to much to buy non bugged games???????

Has anyone tried leveling up past their current stuck level(someone close to a lvl up that can grind a little)?see if the issue still occurs?

Guys, they said they're working on it. No need to ask the same questions over and over again, let's just be patient and wait.

Guys, they said they're working on it. No need to ask the same questions over and over again, let's just be patient and wait.

Actually, it's very important to keep asking if the fix will reward lost XP, it's the difference between playing and not playing until the patch.

Guess I'll stop playing till this is fixed.

And why should you not be rewarded the little exp you get for quests 6 levels or more below your level ????

Actually, it's very important to keep asking if the fix will reward lost XP, it's the difference between playing and not playing until the patch.

I get your point, I want my lost XP as much as anyone else, but many people already asked about this and the devs are able to read. That's all I meant, there's no need to keep asking since it won't get us an answer any quicker.

Well unless they can hotfix it without having to go through Sony certification I would not expect a fix very soon. Anything else than retroactive reimbursement of the lost experience is a no go in my book. I put a lot of hours in to this game and going back replaying 20-40 hours of content is not something I would gladly do.

As I mentioned earlier a script checking quest experienced towards the rewards tables should be a feasible fix to the problem. They could also add a contract to every players inventory that you could bring to any vendor in the game. When handing it in it would give you back some of your lost memories as that would be in tune with the games immersion.

This would also help giving you some control of your level as you might level up too much if you get it by just starting the game thus having the same problem again by outleveling your current quests. Either way this game is to addictive to put down so I will keep playing and put my faith in CDPR ability to fix this issue in the best way possible.

Well unless they can hotfix it without having to go through Sony certification I would not expect a fix very soon. Anything else than retroactive reimbursement of the lost experience is a no go in my book. I put a lot of hours in to this game and going back replaying 20-40 hours of content is not something I would gladly do.

As I mentioned earlier a script checking quest experienced towards the rewards tables should be a feasible fix to the problem. They could also add a contract to every players inventory that you could bring to any vendor in the game. When handing it in it would give you back some of your lost memories as that would be in tune with the games immersion.

This would also help giving you some control of your level as you might level up too much if you get it by just starting the game thus having the same problem again by outleveling your current quests. Either way this game is to addictive to put down so I will keep playing and put my faith in CDPR ability to fix this issue in the best way possible.

I have faith in CDPR, I just REALLY want to play the game. I really hope the issue gets fixed sooner rather than later, CDPR aren't stupid they know its an issue, the only problem to be honest is Sony.

I have faith in CDPR, I just REALLY want to play the game. I really hope the issue gets fixed sooner rather than later, CDPR aren't stupid they know its an issue, the only problem to be honest is Sony.

Sony is never a problem. I see people in almost every game forum trying to blame Sony. Their involvement is and always has been a given factor since day one. The certification process is there to ensure no console bricking patches of fixes reach the system. Before anything reaches the certification process it has to be submitted. Which only depends on the developers actually having submitted anything.

Also if a game developer have to fix a issue with their game how on earth is that Sony's fault? Did they make it, no? All they do is check what is submitted.

I'm in the same situation as sancticus, missing about 3000 XP. It's nice to hear that you guys are working on a fix. I don't know anything about game development, but do you think it's possible to build something into the patch that checks my save if the proper amount of XP has been given for completed quests? As I said, I don't know if thats possible, but such a game mechanic would be awesome since I would like to get my 3000 XP :-

This ^^^

---------- Updated at 02:32 PM ----------

I guess another, more annoying option would be to use the cheat system and apply the XP you are missing, yourself. However - I would personally like to avoid having to do that and have it auto applied based on completed quests. The problem with that is being able to separate your total XP based on questing vs Monster kills. I don't see how that would be possible. Unless there's log somewhere that has the XP given to you on quest completion, I don't see a programatic way of accurately assigning missed XP to your character.

Is the bug only for quest xp ? I mean, can I still get xp for side activities like hidden treasures, monster nests and the like or not ? If so at least I can still play the game.

Top Bottom