Exp bug makes game impossible to play --> cdprojekt please reply

+
Yeah it's just quests not rewarding XP even when they should. So I guess this is the time to clear your log of gray quests and check out all of those question marks in the north of Skellige.

QUESTS should ALWAYS reward exp. 6 levels over or not. Monsters, that is another thing ....

Yup, this. Even if it's grayed out I would still expect XP from it. Don't understand why something like that would be designed in the game. Feel free to inform me of the reason, anyone.

QUESTS should ALWAYS reward exp. 6 levels over or not. Monsters, that is another thing ....

Yep, that is my biggest gripe with the current system. It just does not makes sense to make such a huge 100+ hours fantastic RPG and then punish people for wanting to explore. Main quests should in my opinion give the same amount of experience regardless of your level.

Monsters AND quests you out level all SHOULD give you exp. Even if they are grey.

And yeah this bug happened to me last night after doing part of the Bloody Baron quest. I finished a sidequest (jenny) and it gave me NO exp for finishing it. I really hope they fix this soon.

i have yet to download this weeks dlc with yennifers new look, does that mean I'm safe from this glitch?

Quests that are 6 levels (or more) lower than yours are not granting experience. Anything else should reward you with exp, we are looking into the issue.

I haven't been getting EXP for Any quest Under 2 Levels of my Current Level. I though nothing Of it when i did a few level 6-10 Quests as a level 17-18, But I have dont 20+ Quests now and haven't gotten Any EXP for any of them that were below 2 levels of my character.

I dident think much of it I was still well above the Next story missions level requirement. But its rather disappointing that by my guess iv missed out on potentially thousands of EXP.

Anyways there are my 2 cents.

Drage

Thanks for Looking into this Folks.

Last edited:
Just realizing how big of a deal this is. The game is basically broken and unplayable right now. Have we gotten any recent update yet?

Yup, this. Even if it's grayed out I would still expect XP from it. Don't understand why something like that would be designed in the game. Feel free to inform me of the reason, anyone.

In Old School RPGS (Balders Gate, Neverwinter Nights) its a balancing and Pacing ishue. Do i let players Grind the hell out of low level quests and be stupidly powerful for the rest of the game or do we say hey guys once you get X times stronger then the quest its time to move on to harder things.

In this case Im rather sure that 6 levels is fair enough. even on Death March if im 6 levels higher then the thing im fighting i tend to kill it in just 2 or 3 attacks. personaly it makes sence that they limet Grinding out levels on low level content. exspecualy when its so Bloody easy to get overleveled as it is.

or if you would rather you can think about it literaly, What Physical Experience would you be getting for Doing tasks that are that easy for you. after a certian point you wouldn't get stronger for lifting the same weight over and over no mater how long you lift it for.

Mind you I can udnerstand why finishing a quest should directly equal a reward other wise why even bother. In my mind there should ALWAYS be a minimum EXP you get for any given task even if you are 50+ Levels above that quest level. With Bonus EXP being given for being Within that X level margin.

Anyways... Ill stop Typing now....

Drage

Is this a confirmed bug for the PC version as well? Not seeing anything in the PC section, and I don't get XP for the main quest in Novigrad (no, it's not grey; first thing I checked).

Well, then I hope it gets patched sooner rather than later. I can deal with losing some XP but not for the rest of the game.

Any update on the situation? I want to play but I don't want to go through the lack of experience bug. Is PC even affected by this?

Last edited:
CD Projekt has made their objective for selling the game///

They don't care for people who have already bought the game...

I thnk we willl wait a long time before this problem is solved///

You clearly have no idea what CDPR is all about. You sound like a console gamer who never had any experience with them, either that or just plain ignorant. If there is any company that cares about their customer base it's CDPR.

Quests that are 6 levels (or more) lower than yours are not granting experience. Anything else should reward you with exp, we are looking into the issue.

So is that intended? Are the grey quests not supposed to give you exp? Because they have been, for me, and several others since the game came out.

Please clarify. Thanks.

One thing that can be done in case CD Projekt is unable to give us the missing XP through code on the next patch: give us a neat table of how much every specific quest rewards you with (assuming there isn't one already). That way you can add up all of your completed quests to determine how much XP you should have based on quests alone. I, for example, have a manual save that is more or less where the problem started happening. I can compare it to my current save to determine which quests I've completed in that time. When the patch fixes the issue, I calculate the XP I should have received from said quests and use a cheat to give myself the progress I'm owed.

That information could be given to us in-game: in the quest log, every completed quest (and only the completed quests) could contain the total XP it rewards you with, plus the level you were at when you completed it (so you'll know whether or not you should receive XP for it). With that information, we can calculate exactly how much XP we should have and give it to ourselves. A bit messy, yes, but a better solution than replaying huge chunks of gameplay.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that this would only work on the PC version, so I suggest something similar to this be offered to console players if the missing XP can't be retroactively given. Maybe a one-time option to give yourself a certain amount of XP. Again, messy, but better than ruining their playthrough.

Last edited:

Guess that's why they released 3 patches already since the game's launch. :facepalm:

Top Bottom