Expansion cards not counting for quests

+
Hello!
Idk if this is the place to report a recent bug but basically the game doesn't count the neutrals from the recent expansion ( Merchants of Ofir ) towards the daily quest named "Play 30 Neutral Cards" .

I also noticed that something is wrong with this quest, but i played neutral-only deck, so it didn't matter for me.

It has appeared to me for some time that Gwent has been undercounting cards played to fulfill quests. Today I played a game that convinced me this was the case. I am working on the quest, “Play 60 neutral cards,” and I created a deck containing only neutral cards. Three full rounds were played for a total of 16 cards (but actually 17 because Stregobor caused one to be drawn). However my progress toward the quest shows only 13 cards played. To me this is not a big deal; it will just require an extra game or two with an interesting deck, but I was wondering whether this is a known bug.

I discovered this myself recently because Amphibious Assault doesn't seem to count as a Special card for the Play 30/60 Specials daily quest, no matter how many times I use it. I've played it countless times over at least 10 games, and it wasn't until I also added Oneiromancy to my Seasonal deck that I at least got to 1/60, which is still a problem since I played Oneiromany twice. I was thinking that maybe it's a problem with the new Master Mirror cards; it's possible that they weren't programmed properly, so they don't count for any of the "Play # X cards" daily quests. But ultimately, this is just speculation.

An old thread about a similar, possibly the same, issue. Neutral cards added by Merchants of Ofir were not counting for the quest.

I would guess it's the same issue here, except possibly also affecting Master Mirror cards; maybe the quest does not recognise Neutrals from the latest expansions, for whatever reason. I would've tested it today but I didn't get the quest.

I had similar problem with specials. Looks like quests don't count new cards.
They'll fix it eventually.

@quintivarium I merged your thread with the older one I'd linked.

Confirmed the bug today, and playing 60 Neutrals sure took a while when MoO and MM cards didn't count.

Hello everyone in tavern.

I want to report that some 'Monster Special Card' doesn't count as Special Card when play in Daily Quest. I'm not sure how many but I think cards that contain keyword 'Spawn Frost' such as 'Red Riders' and 'Ard Gaeth' having this problem.

Hello everyone in tavern.

I want to report that some 'Monster Special Card' doesn't count as Special Card when play in Daily Quest. I'm not sure how many but I think cards that contain keyword 'Spawn Frost' such as 'Red Riders' and 'Ard Gaeth' having this problem.

Hello and welcome !

- Yeah it seems theres an issue atm with the MM expansion cards, some special cards might not count towards a contract's completion, i hope it gets fixed soon.

Cheers ! :beer:

Looks like I'll have to dust off the old bandit deck to do the 30 neutrals quest. C'mon Free Company, let's show you what the light I'd day looks like again

Is there any kind of timeline for getting cards to register for quests? We're in the second month since Master Mitrror went active and the MM cards still do not trigger most of the quests. I would think this would be a relatively simple fix compared to all the misguided nerfing and buffing thats been happening. It would be really nice to play a card from MM and actually be able to progress on some of the contracts rather than having to play all of the older cards—or is this being done intentionally...?

Last edited:
Top Bottom