Expansion Pass pricing VS individual expansion pricing

+
Expansion Pass pricing VS individual expansion pricing

I was about to but the Expansion Pass.. but then i noticed that the Hearts of Stone expansion is discounted by 15%
My question is.. is it gonna be cheaper if i buy it separately instead of buying the expansion pass ? Or does the expansion pass have exclusive stuff ?

Either way it seems weird that the expansion pass is not discounted but an individual expansion is..

It will probably work out the same in the end if they discount blood and wine before release too. Think the pass is around a 15% discount on the supposed retail prices. Personally I'm not concerned about it. It' would be the difference of maybe a dollar (in my region that is).

It will probably work out the same in the end if they discount blood and wine before release too. Think the pass is around a 15% discount on the supposed retail prices. Personally I'm not concerned about it. It' would be the difference of maybe a dollar (in my region that is).

Yeah i know but why would i even bother getting the pass if the individual expansion cost the same or even less

---------- Updated at 07:34 PM ----------

I just want the physical edition of game damnit and I can't find out anything about them....

Have you tried asking at your local game store ?

Yeah i know but why would i even bother getting the pass if the individual expansion cost the same or even less

Gamestop knows nothing about it and apparently I just found there IS NO physical disc version at all, its just the stupid gwent deck

I purchased the pass to support them early and to show them intrest in future content. There's also no guarantee there will be a sale before blood and wine release. When you buy anything there's always a chance it might go on sale, and a chance it might not.

Obviously to each his own, but when I bought the pass there wasn't individual options anyways.

Edit: if I recall a bit after the pass first came out you could get codes for Witcher 1 and 2 with it. I'm sure that's over now though.

I was about to but the Expansion Pass.. but then i noticed that the Hearts of Stone expansion is discounted by 15%
My question is.. is it gonna be cheaper if i buy it separately instead of buying the expansion pass ? Or does the expansion pass have exclusive stuff ?

Either way it seems weird that the expansion pass is not discounted but an individual expansion is..

To my knowledge, there are some bonuses with the Expansion Pass, at least on GOG.com, Steam, and Origin. This is based on @Rafal_Jaki 's statement, here, regarding a digital comic and some render artworks:
I can confirm that this is indeed a Comicbook about Saskia - all ppl that bought the exp pass will get it as well on Oct 13th.

The story is a follow up after w2.

This will be available for gog, steam and origin users.

I was more than a little irked to buy the expansion pass (with the game, something I'd never done before, but wanted to be supportive) only to find out that because I'd done that I was missing out on the Gwent decks (unless I wanted to fork out almost as much again). So now I kinda wish I'd waited, and I won't go buying in advance again. Although against that, there's a chance I wouldn't have bought the expansions anyway until they were on sale and thus missed out on the LE boxset anyway.

Be interesting to see how the sales of HoS go, I seem to be the only person in my gaming circle who is interested - for the most part they aren't thinking about going back until after they're done with FO4.

I was more than a little irked to buy the expansion pass (with the game, something I'd never done before, but wanted to be supportive) only to find out that because I'd done that I was missing out on the Gwent decks (unless I wanted to fork out almost as much again). So now I kinda wish I'd waited, and I won't go buying in advance again. Although against that, there's a chance I wouldn't have bought the expansions anyway until they were on sale and thus missed out on the LE boxset anyway.

Be interesting to see how the sales of HoS go, I seem to be the only person in my gaming circle who is interested - for the most part they aren't thinking about going back until after they're done with FO4.

Adding Gwent decks to the HoS expansion was an afterthought and was not originally planned so that's why it worked out that way. Though that's explained in more detail in another thread.

As for waiting for after fallout 4, HoS comes out a month before fallout. I'm sure you could get through that content in a months time. Either way still promising if people plan to come back at all I would say.

As for waiting for after fallout 4, HoS comes out a month before fallout. I'm sure you could get through that content in a months time. Either way still promising if people plan to come back at all I would say.

Yeah but as Geralt says.. "they got other things on their mind".

Metal Gear, Mad Max, Destiny, Final Fantasy, Halo 5 - they all have pretty full lists. Games like that don't interest me, so my dance card is pretty empty until.. well, probably Elder Scrolls 6 or Skywind, whichever arrives first.

As for the Gwent card thing well, I learnt a lesson from it is all. In future I'll wait.

Top Bottom