Expectations about this game

+
Hey guys ! :)

I was so hyped for this trailer (must have watched it 500 times already xD ) so i wanted to talk about it.
What do you expect from this game ? What are your hopes and dreams ? I wanna know what other people think about this game cause its gonna kick ass for sure !

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    445.6 KB · Views: 51
There's a reason why I only have around 50 posts on this forum— I'd rather not catch the hype train only for it to all derail. As we saw with No Man's Sky and even old titles like Spore, we have a nasty tendency to get so worked up about a working title that we begin throwing our entire hopes, dreams, and identities into it. And when the product naturally fails to live up to the hype, you feel more than disappointed. You feel cheated, even betrayed.
For example, people who doubted that No Man's Sky was going to lack a certain feature or another received death threats. Not even a case of them trashing the game, just expressing doubt that some gameplay element wouldn't be there. At one point, I think even the developer himself received death threats for delaying the game! And why did No Man's Sky cause such flared emotions? Because the hype started in advance. I first heard about the game in 2013 and even then I wasn't terribly impressed with it.

There's obviously reason to believe Cyperpunk 2077 wouldn't follow the same missteps but after a certain point, it's actually impossible to stay standing at all. As we saw just these past two days when people got bent out of shape over the freaking weather, hype can be a dangerous thing, especially for something that won't reasonably be finished for some time. Cyberpunk 2077 was teased back in 2012. There will be kids waiting for this game who weren't even conceived when it was first announced. Imagine 6+ years of hype building nonstop. In that time, there's no information released. You're left to your imagination. So what do you do? You create a game that could never be realized. It might start off humbly, but eventually you begin wanting this and that, these and those, and soon you all but have a goddamned life simulator.

That's why I'd rather temper expectations and be pleasantly surprised than expect the omniverse and only receive the world.

I'm just happy for another game in the cyberpunk genre. Hell, even just another sci-fi RPG in general that's not just post-apocalyptic. I love my Dragon Age(s) and all the others, but I really do enjoy getting away from high fantasy elves, dragons, and the like. And with Mass Effect gone for the foreseeable future, the science fiction realm is bleak.

The fact that it's in CDPR's hands makes me even happier. I have trust that they'll make an enjoyable game based on my experiences with the three Witchers. Even with the flaws, especially at the beginning, I still enjoyed those games immensely because of the other strengths in the games. And each game got better from 1 to 2 and finally 3 in all its glory; that tells me they learn and improve with each outing.

I'm not going to set my expectations for it to be the greatest game ever, but I am quite comfortable saying I'm going to at least enjoy the game that does get released and will be satisfied that I got my 60 to 70 dollars worth out of it. It is also quite possible they hit another home run and turn out one of the all time greats like Witcher 3.

I'm just happy for another game in the cyberpunk genre.

I'm happy for a goddamn open-world sci-fi game at all!
Seriously, try to think back to the last open-world/GTA-clone sci-fi/cyberpunk game that had a city, flying cars, and other futuristic tropes. It can't be a post-apoc game, open hub areas aren't open-world, and Watch_Dogs 2 doesn't count.

I'll wait.
The closest you're getting is either Mass Effect 1 or Jak 2.

Last edited:
I'm just happy for another game in the cyberpunk genre. Hell, even just another sci-fi RPG in general that's not just post-apocalyptic. I love my Dragon Age(s) and all the others, but I really do enjoy getting away from high fantasy elves, dragons, and the like. And with Mass Effect gone for the foreseeable future, the science fiction realm is bleak.

The fact that it's in CDPR's hands makes me even happier. I have trust that they'll make an enjoyable game based on my experiences with the three Witchers. Even with the flaws, especially at the beginning, I still enjoyed those games immensely because of the other strengths in the games. And each game got better from 1 to 2 and finally 3 in all its glory; that tells me they learn and improve with each outing.

I'm not going to set my expectations for it to be the greatest game ever, but I am quite comfortable saying I'm going to at least enjoy the game that does get released and will be satisfied that I got my 60 to 70 dollars worth out of it. It is also quite possible they hit another home run and turn out one of the all time greats like Witcher 3.

I agree with this 99%... but a part of me really wants a AAA Shadowrun game, which would be both cyberpunk and fantasy elves/orcs/etc. :p

I agree with this 99%... but a part of me really wants a AAA Shadowrun game, which would be both cyberpunk and fantasy elves/orcs/etc. :p

Would love a AAA Shadowrun game, that's my favorite from the pen and paper days. And the fantasy element in SR is perfectly fine, it's not the standard "Yes, my lady, I will take the ring to volcano and slay the dragon" fantasy. Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will inspire someone to make one (a good one, not a quick cash grab.) While I do enjoy the indie Kickstarter SR, a grand AAA title would be awesome.

Hello,

I'm a fan of the cyberpunk genre. When I watched the first trailer, the concept was looking like a dream of all the cyberpunk lovers. The dark and depressing environment, dystopian world and a beautifully fitting music. And later on, CD Projekt Red shared a video with Mike Pondsmith in which he was talking about the game in general. The concept of the game was sounding perfect, he made statements like:

"...almost feels noire..."
"It's getting that dark, gritty rain wet street feeling..."

And then, E3 came and we saw the new trailer... I'll admit, it was pretty good. However, I was so disappointed with the fact that the game was looking too bright and colorful to a degree that it started me to remind Watch Dogs 2 and GTA V... Here is a quick comparison:

beforeafter.png

When we look at the first trailer, we can see that the cyberpunk theme is perfectly presented. Dark, gritty, depressing and dangerous looking street. When we look at the colors, blue is dominant; which is, in my honest opinion, a great choice. However, when we look at the second trailer, it is totally different; it looks like 80s colorful retro future just like one of the pioneers of the cyberpunk genre, William Gibson, wrote on twitter:

"The trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 strikes me as GTA skinned-over with a generic 80s retro-future, but hey, that's just me."

I don't know why the team changed their direction, but it is not looking good...

P.S.: According to the IGN's impressions from a live gameplay demo showed to them, the demo had lots of "guns-blazing":

"And while we saw a bit of stealth, and I’m sure using the Mantis arm blades and a late game wall run ability will help facilitate that, our demo was mostly guns-blazing."

I hope there will be much more stealth action in the game. I think it is an important mechanic of cyberpunk games. (Deus Ex anyone?)

Last edited:
I can understand why a 'guns blazing' demo would be first. It's a mechanic that appeals to a wide range of players and will interest people with no previous contact with cyberpunk. Get them hooked first and then they can explore other avenues of play makes perfect sense.

My liking of the aesthetics and cyberpunk setting are offset by my personal problems with FP. Will take an interested wait-and-see approach.

All i expect is for the game to feel like an actual "role playing" game . I want too feel like i have set foot in the characters shoes , just like i did with witcher . And from what it seems like , that is what we are gonna get specially with the character creation and first person perspective

What do you expect from this game ? What are your hopes and dreams ?

So far it seems there's a funnish game that's tainted by lame and twitchy FPS combat, that I suppose I have to try and actively avoid. I expect this to not change.

I would hope to learn more about the character systems and how they affect character actions (movement, vision, shooting, et al). And if perhaps it'd be possible to affect their impact through some in game settings (i.e. higher initial accuracy penalty for shooting before character skill compensation - I'd want low skill shooting to actually feel bad, not just do less damage).

I'd also hope RNG based skill tests for where ever the skills are checked (lockpicking, hacking and all other such checks).

The sad thing is the trailers show 3rd person view of your character something you won't see in the game, why use 3rd person view to sale the game only to restrict the game to first person view for gameplay? They should have just showed trailers with first person view, and said this game is FP RPG 5 years ago...…. they would not be getting the backlash from players who were hyped for the game.

The trailer looks fantastic. That this world is in the hands of CD Projekt Red gives me so much reassurance because I believe they will deliver another great RPG. Also their close collaboration with the creator of Cyberpunk 2020 also tells me that they got this.

I would hope that is less FPS and more RPG with guns and special abilities. I'm also thrilled at what I've read about character customization, etc. I also don't care about FP or TP cameras. I play great RPGs in both perspective so I'm actually really surprised people are having a fit about this?

I really hope that you can customize your car, your guns and also your apartment. It would be cool if your car has some sort of inventory system like being able to stash guns and stuff to your trunk. Oh, and dual wielding guns is something i really-really hope for. I don't mind the FPP. At this point i trust the CD project red enough that even if they would've showed us the trailer for some tetris gameplay, i would still buy it. I know it's going to be awesome.

I can understand why a 'guns blazing' demo would be first. It's a mechanic that appeals to a wide range of players and will interest people with no previous contact with cyberpunk. Get them hooked first and then they can explore other avenues of play makes perfect sense.
I understand this as well but unfortunately by adding the "inhalers" they changed Cyberpunk from a game were combat was something you didn't engage in lightly to yet another "shoot your way thru the game" clone. I was really hoping they'd stick closer to the PnP and let people experience a different kind of game, one where shooting wasn't the primary focus of the game.

I understand this as well but unfortunately by adding the "inhalers" they changed Cyberpunk from a game were combat was something you didn't engage in lightly to yet another "shoot your way thru the game" clone. I was really hoping they'd stick closer to the PnP and let people experience a different kind of game, one where shooting wasn't the primary focus of the game.

Those are my hopes as well, but this is only the second trailer. The first trailer was rather shooty as well remember.

Those are my hopes as well, but this is only the second trailer. The first trailer was rather shooty as well remember.
I personally don't count the first as a "trailer", it had little to nothing to do with how CP2077 played or it's story. More of a "Look what I'm making Mom!"

Top Bottom