EXPECTATIONS FOR THE FIRST FREE DLC HITTING EARLY 2021

+
I honestly think there is not cut content story wise. Problem is they willingly had romances end early - so you didnt get too attached as your fate is essentially sealed.

and..

game was rewritten to be a game about johnny silverhand.. not V.

so I don't see a main story based DLC
Let's be fair. The story could have been about Johnny, alt and NC from the very beginning but unfinished content was clearly cut from the story.

Even a story made by CDPR can still feel rushed and unfinished.

Let's be fair. The story could have been about Johnny, alt and NC from the very beginning but unfinished content was clearly cut from the story.

Even a story made by CDPR can still feel rushed and unfinished.
Honestly, as I was playing through the story, I felt like Johnny's story would've been better as a dlc or a sequel. V needed his/her/their own story.

I have absolutely zero expectations. That was the main issue with the game itself. People and their outlandish and unrealistic expectations.

Like with marriages: The lower your expectations, the lower your dissapointment. - Al Bundy, probably...

What the DLC should contain (IMO):

a) Jackie friendship development should be a series of missions, instead of youtube promo video.

b) More exclusive missions to each lifepath, to add replayability value to the game. Choosing lifepaths should be meaningful.

c) Add more side activities, and NPCs (friends/romantic interests) to be able to go there with V to do some stuff. Maybe a Coop option should be nice, depending on the mission.

d) Player should be able to buy other properties.

Life Quality Patches to improve immersion, and to make the game fell more interactive, containing:
a) Better AI for drivers and pedestrians, so they behave more naturally.

b) Players should be able to interact to vendors to buy drinks and foods, with proper animations. Same goes to street vendors, they should be working, instead of being there, with arms crossed.

c) Combat rebalance. So, in this way VERY HARD actually make the player squeeze the upgrade system to play.

d) Craftable Skippy, so player is not force to choose between having a full weapon display, or completing all missions.

e) Animations for non player characters, so they properly open the door, instead of the door opening itself, and the driver teleporting into the car.

f) Make sleeping, bathing, eating and drinking more meaningful. Eating and drinking should have proper animations.

g) Make the mirror always reflect V's image, at least at V's apartment.

h) Make water react in a realistic way.

i) Adjust missions rewards, so players actually can buy all the cars of the game without grinding for hours in a meaningless way, or making some economy exploits to complete the game.
THIS

so far i have no expectations at all, not gonna hype up again and be disappointed.
I count myself lucky with having kept all news feeds and such out of my door so I went in the game knowing nothing.

As for the first DLC.
1) At the stage where I am now I want to see what's gonna happen in that "new beginning" with the Alvacaldos. The ending left me wanting for more and I was fooled for a second that maybe the game would restart exactly for that... then the credit screen came.
2) I'd like more romanceable partners. and spread it out over more missions where the lasting effect can have a meaning.
3) More NPCs with meaningfull interaction.
4) Lifepath decisions able to cross at specific points if side quests align such ability.
5) For the customization to have meaning, because outside of riding a bike its never really used.

And now I must remind myself we're talking DLC. So asking for an entirely new game to follow is ... well ...

Last edited:
I count myself lucky with having kept all news feeds and such out of my door so I went in the game knowing nothing.

As for the first DLC.
1) At the stage where I am now I want to see what's gonna happen in that "new beginning" with the Alvacaldos. The ending left me wanting for more and I was fooled for a second that maybe the game would restart exactly for that... then the credit screen came.
2) I'd like more romanceable partners. and spread it out over more missions where the lasting effect can have a meaning.
4) Lifepath decisions able to cross at specific points if side quests align such ability.
5) For the customization to have meaning, because outside of riding a bike

And now I must remind myself we're talking DLC. So asking for an entirely new game to follow is ... well ...
I would want to see this too. Hopefully with an expansion or with some free DLC.

As for the first DLC.
5) For the customization to have meaning, because outside of riding a bike

Ye, were talking DLC, so I highly doubt too much story-altering content.

TW3 had 16 DLCS; 10 cosmetic additions, 5 side quests and the rest were cosmetics.

Major quest/storyline additions will come with expansions - which I more or less expect. Lots of cut content after the plot re-write in 2018 appareantly, and several unavailable zones you can see on the map.

Like the tunnel in North Oak, possibly leading to the large walled-in "green zone" further inwards towards the Badlands.
Oil Fields, where 3/4 of the zone is "no entry".
The bridge from Downtown leading the the Orbital Air Space Center.

Mr. Blue Eyes (from The Sun ending and also briefly in the Peralez quest) seems like a character we will see again.

at this point, they can keep their free DLC. Unless they hint at the first proper expansion fixing the fucking messy endings, I won't touch the game again. I'll gladly accept free sidequests and costumes once I can make sure my V doesn't have terminal brain cancer and behaves like an ass towards his loved ones.

That being said, a barbershop, maybe a transmog system and some additional smaller questlines would be nice. Especially quests about BD's, since I thought they were criminally underused (like so much in this game).
I don't need new romance options necessarily, I simply want the excisiting ones to get expanded (looking at Kerry and River here).
But all this is meaningless for me if they don't at least allude to fixing the endings first.

Ye, were talking DLC, so I highly doubt too much story-altering content.

TW3 had 16 DLCS; 10 cosmetic additions, 5 side quests and the rest were cosmetics.

Major quest/storyline additions will come with expansions - which I more or less expect. Lots of cut content after the plot re-write in 2018 appareantly, and several unavailable zones you can see on the map.

Like the tunnel in North Oak, possibly leading to the large walled-in "green zone" further inwards towards the Badlands.
Oil Fields, where 3/4 of the zone is "no entry".
The bridge from Downtown leading the the Orbital Air Space Center.

Mr. Blue Eyes (from The Sun ending and also briefly in the Peralez quest) seems like a character we will see again.
If we are to separate them, then I much rather see expansions.
Yes, I also figured as much with the map being inaccessible at certain locations. At first I though that these would unlock as I progressed through the game, but alas

Expectations: Single sentence confirming/hinting there is a way for the main character to continue living (not too much asking for eh?) The rest - don't care too much. Then I can return playing and finishing all the side quests and be happy with the game.

As the first free DLC I expect something similar to what we had in The Witcher 3: ingame customization along with some new equipment, perhaps along with some small mission.

I'm hoping for something major that can get me interested in this game again, because it gets so tedious so fast I can't bring myself to play it any more.

Toggle Walk button :oops:

....which can also set the vehicle's speed at a certain point (or stops it from getting higher/slower when you choose). Watching a streamer, apart from getting jealous of his graphics and aiming (ps4 pro here), his driving was just awful. At least on that front we controller users have it better:)

....which can also set the vehicle's speed at a certain point (or stops it from getting higher/slower when you choose). Watching a streamer, apart from getting jealous of his graphics and aiming (ps4 pro here), his driving was just awful. At least on that front we controller users have it better:)
cruise control saints row 2

Anytime I see "free DLC" I get flashbacks of the garbage Rockstar has been doing for years with GTA, re-releasing existing clothing assets recolored 45 different times is not DLC.​
Thing is when have you ever paid for a single dlc with rock star in all of the years ?? And at least there somewhat consistant. This isn't GTA and GTA works this doesn't .

Top Bottom