Experimenting is fun - aka trying weird decks

+
Experimenting is fun - aka trying weird decks

I honestly don't care if I have more lost matches, so I am try to find fun new decks and experiment with ideas. From what I 've seen from matchmaking threads, this might also mean I get matched with players that are not that good either, so my experiments maybe stand a chance.

Also, I see a lot of people complaining that they lose against powerful decks, wouldn't that mean that if they constantly lose, the algorithm will match them with worse players? If that's the case, why don't they play more?

The borderline is, enjoy the game, observe your opponent, learn from your/his mistakes and when you get that extra win and some extra cards, put them to good use and constantly test stuff. You never know what you may find hidden :)

Btw, if anyone is interested playing experimental decks, add me on gog (same nick). Peace.

Yep. Experimenting is fun.

I started with Scoia "buff the little guy". 2 days later, opponents nuked the little guys mercilessly. I was frustrated.

Then I started experimenting. Spent a day or two losing 100% of the matches, but I had fun again. :p

I now have a deck that gives me pleasure. Admittedly, it's sadistic pleasure, but pleasure nontheless. So I mostly use this deck. But I still have occasional experimental phases. ;)

Lytha;n6941210 said:
Yep. Experimenting is fun.

I started with Scoia "buff the little guy". 2 days later, opponents nuked the little guys mercilessly. I was frustrated.

Then I started experimenting. Spent a day or two losing 100% of the matches, but I had fun again. :p

I now have a deck that gives me pleasure. Admittedly, it's sadistic pleasure, but pleasure nontheless. So I mostly use this deck. But I still have occasional experimental phases. ;)

Exactly!

On the other hand of what I said in the OP, here is a fun story.

I got matched with a beginner deck today (he had monster starter) and I had a Radovid demolisher deck. I couldn't believe I got matched with a starter deck at level 30! So, what I did is that I strategically played bad using all my gold cards, using spies to redraw my most powerful cards, and let my opponent barely beat me at round 3. I think I made his day seeing how I had a full gold/silver deck, and I felt good because if I used my Philippa, Igni, Radovid combo, there would be a high chance that this guy may not like Gwent :)

It wasn't intended to be an experiment, but I run a Monsters weather deck with witchers who are susceptible to frost ^^;

My favourite character is Lambert so as soon as I had 200 scraps I crafted him. I was lucky to get Eskel in one of my first kegs but I haven't crafted Vesemir since I don't actually have room for him (6/6 silvers). It started out as a newbie 'put everything in here that doesn't suck' deck, but then I was lucky to find Caranthir and Sarah in kegs so now it's weather heavy which really doesn't mesh with Swallow buffed Witchers. I refuse to remove Lambert from my deck though =P

This can make for rather interesting play since I have to commit to different strategies for different rounds so I don't end up with incompatible cards in hand for my third round if we get there.

i'm all for experimenting but unfortunately i wanted to be competitive which led to milling all other deck i decided not to play. so i'm sticking with NR and checking out cards, mostly gold ones to see how they function and how they synergise with other cards

I started experimenting with a Scoiatel Weather Deck. It's quite hard to play, especially against a Monster deck that uses weather because it simply lacks the power but it's fun. Crafted Sarah to have a little more punch and with Hawker support and a Few gold cards it works quite well. It's limited and Philippa screws me big time but I still miss a few cards I'd like to add to give it a little more punch.

The most fun experiment for me is my current Radovid deck. I got the luckiest keg ever: https://puu.sh/sfFtG/bd9f4a873f.jpg and then I decided to make a deck that focuses on pure destruction. I ve managed to also collect the scaps to complete it, so now I have 4 devastating gold cards (with NR, you know what those are ;) ) and every match is absolute chaos, with the opponent trying to keep 1 card at his side at all costs (usually I end up winning last round with 0 on opponent). I also use spies and rez them all teh time to stall my turn. Started as a fun experiment, but this deck has a chance even against weather decks! Man, I love when something experimental works, this is why experiments are so fun!

Yeah, I've also experimented around... some concept made me lose quite often. But I don't mind that.

Right now I have a pretty flexible setup that will keep me entertained for a while but I'm sure to experiment with other combinations sooner or later. Doesn't matter if I'll be losing 7 times in a row :).

Top Bottom