Experimenting with baseline consume...

+
minti043;n10959968 said:
am new here and i try the arach decks and my deck looks like this:
gold: 1.gerald of riva
1. triss merigold
1. woodland spirit- i plan to replace it with kiran
1. whispess: tribute (opened this in a pack its super efective since it lets you play monster nest from your deck which lets you play a 4-th arachas behimoth)
silver : 1.Toad prince (i crafted that one saw how good it is in arena and its super efective in this deck it lets you draw a consistent card)
1.monster nest - super great card its the best monster silver card CRAFT THIS right away
1. manticore venom
1.roach -its a nice deck slim and it can help you when you need to boost numbers fast
1.dudu - to counter enemy dudu :D
1. ruehin- i find it a great replacement for commanders horn. And i use 3xarachas drone i know they make your deck fat but they spawn every time you trigger you behimoth. Not shure if on purpose, but that gives you great burst of numbers and is the only thing that can outvalue the norsemans boats and swords. so you have 5 cards that can summon all the copyes of the drones from your deck so feel free to use them. the downside is that it requires you to have a behimoth active and people pop them with their removal. It also boosts kiran and toad prince and you behimoths.If kairans ability was consyme a monster with power equal to his power this card would have had greater sinergy with the deck and not be replaced by any random consume you can have :D.
branze: 3x arachas behimoth- its my core card becouse i run the 3x arachas drones.Be carefull the first time you pop it its instant + 12
3x nekker
3x celaeno harpy
3x first light- i dont use to remove board clears i use it becouse every bronze card in your deck is super powerfull and you rather have any of them instead of some of the golden cards or silvers since all you silver gold cards require you to have a bronze one on field if first light would boost the minion it spawns by 2 it would be the greatest card in the game. And its super nice becouse i run a 30 card deck and any slimming effect should be played first. I find it a winning condition since you can play the extra cards and outvalue your oponent since at the end of the game you played around 20 21 of your cards while your oponent played 14-17 ish cards
3x arachas drones
1x nekker warrior
1x slyzard
1x forktail - i wish i had more of those since they are good with the harpyes but my deck loses consitency although they do eat enemy scorches :D havent desided yet
2x barbegazi - i wish i could play 3 but i prefer crafting ozzrel first

i used to run some copyes of archespore and ghouls but there are cards that can make bette ruse of my corpses like draug. Rchespores get boosted by ruehin and they kinda eat your oponents removal an donce removed they have deathwish deal 4 so its a win win scenario (unfortunately boats and swords get boosted even more by them :D not that much but still they have good sinergy with Brewess: ritual that summons 2 deathwis units from your grave and either necker or this is super fine. Again i am doing soem free stuff now been playing this game for a few days and so far soem things are improvements to the deck there are a lot of starter cards i wish to remove add soem more slyzards to boosts the neckers even more since the neckers are kind of a fai lsafe if the behimoths fail. if you get boats and swords deck rush the behimoth consume if you get toad gerald behimot you play behimoth consume gerald from your hand respectively you draw a monster from your deck you have 8 from behimoth +9 from the drones + 3 since you consumed +15 since you consumed gerald and boats need a lot of turns to get that much than you pass and let hi mcatch 35 points for 2 turns thand your deck is slimmed like hell since you drew 4 cards. note that if you played gerald and didnt consume it you still get a 4 power fro mthe horse on the roof for one extra turn and that made you draw 5 cards wich is the only scenario where you win againts that scurge of a deck . but if you didnt pop up the drones ( whitch you should and always remove them from your draws and make shure not to remove them from your first redraw since if you want to remove something else exept them they can always pop up again and you should have a redraw ready for it.
So far i notised there are 3 types of consume decks one is the flowers/spiders. The other is the Ogrons/deathwish . And thef inal is the Draconid/harpyesvrans warriors/ boarclears.
If you are looking for slimmer versions of the deck. My idea is this huge deck that draws a lot of itself and some huge treats that burst your oponents hand. I use the nekos as bait for removal and deck slimming. But the slim deck ideas are thos edrakonids can play both consume and weather decks so if you are starting to craft your collection from the gold cards the dragons will give you some diversity.
prise winning cow and brewess: ritual give you great value its what i was truing to snuck into my deck but its the silver gold addon for infinite nekos :D. i hope that post is usefull for all you trying to consume the game :D

What ser2440 said is all great. The best advise, he gave: you need to go for only one aspect of consume. I want to share an other deck idea for consume. I played Consume swarm from rank 12 to rank 18 with great success: 3 Celaeno Harpies, 3 Harpies, 3 Arachas Behemoths, 3 Arachas Drone, 2 Forktails, 1 Slyzard, Monster nest, Mandrake, Frightener, Ifrit, Germain Piquant, The Last Wish, Draug, Triss: Butterfly, Miruna, Royal Decree.The mulligan can be a bit tricky, but you can thin your deck (in round 3 I had 3-4 cards only in my deck). My finisher was Triss Butterfly with often 15 1 point units on board. Or Miruna. The first turn tempo is incredible: you need 1 Celaeno, 1 Behemoth, 1 Forktail and your leader. (The opponent want to kill your Behemoths, try to have 2 in your hand and a Slyzard/Monster nest - but they often had no control card for my finisher - benefit)

bojerbela;n10960175 said:
What ser2440 said is all great. The best advise, he gave: you need to go for only one aspect of consume. I want to share an other deck idea for consume. I played Consume swarm from rank 12 to rank 18 with great success: 3 Celaeno Harpies, 3 Harpies, 3 Arachas Behemoths, 3 Arachas Drone, 2 Forktails, 1 Slyzard, Monster nest, Mandrake, Frightener, Ifrit, Germain Piquant, The Last Wish, Draug, Triss: Butterfly, Miruna, Royal Decree.The mulligan can be a bit tricky, but you can thin your deck (in round 3 I had 3-4 cards only in my deck). My finisher was Triss Butterfly with often 15 1 point units on board. Or Miruna. The first turn tempo is incredible: you need 1 Celaeno, 1 Behemoth, 1 Forktail and your leader. (The opponent want to kill your Behemoths, try to have 2 in your hand and a Slyzard/Monster nest - but they often had no control card for my finisher - benefit)
thats why i use whispess"tribute it fetches monsters nest from your deck if you dont have it. If you happen to draw the right cards and dont missplay them you can shurely win againts any deck. The big problem in competitive so far i had is with the control decks that even when i draw all 4 behimoths is some decks just purely remove them. I have seen some really great decks with the consume mechanics being very strong , the thing my deck kinda lacks is more Forktails and to be purely competitive i think that you need to run the MUST HAVE TECH cards like: Muzzle, Kayran and Morvud:
tris:butterflyes is a great card it sinergyes well with Ruehin ruenin exept for starter can be used after you have popped your behimoths and your leader for extra stat boosts as long as you dont overcomit, it something i do quite a lot. But the neko deck is shurely the greatest i mean without the behimoths they are very vulnerable to removal. i find cards like Draug, super nice with it since it consumes up to 9 corpses until it replenishes your turn thus giving all you nekos 9 power just make shure not to eat their corses since they can be revived with Brewess: ritual. On the other hand Mourntart consumes all the corpses in your grave thus making your nekos + 15 ish at the end of the game and She troll of verden than draw you a neko from you rdeck and consumes it :D thus making your win move immune to removals most removals and it does give them a +1 so the nekos are the most stable ones for now. I somehow can't transmute anything with meteorite powder exept the golden basic leaders. But every deck has some win condition in there depends on if you draw it i will stick to the arach behimots. There are lots of variants that do work. But i dont like miruna so far it never worked on me not to mention that the basic golden card tris deals 5 and cleans the board.

ser2440;n10960001 said:
Hey there. Thanks for contributing to my thread. Going through your list, I think I can give you some advice

1) Consume is, like reveal, one of the oldest archetypes in the game, with tons of cards synergizing with it. You need to go for only one aspect of it in my opinion. Either behemoths, drones consumers and nekkers, OR harpies, celaeno harpies, consumers and nekkers. OR, the nekker spam version of Nekker warriors, Nekkers, and consumers. As such, Since your deck seems to be going towards all 3 of these directions, I'd suggest limiting it down to one. There's an amazing synergy between harpies and celaeno harpies and arachas behemoths and drones, but if you include all, you are making your deck too big. If you end up playing 21 cards like you said, having 27 offers you nothing beyond reducing your chances of a good draw.

While you do play more cards, if those cards are like, Strength 3 and the opponent's are strength 11 each, you are going to still lose. Better to stick to the minimum deck size and decide which aspect of consume you are going to approach. Alternatively, you can make one deck for each. I personally have a nekker spam deck, a baseline consume deck (this one) and an arachas swarm deck.

2) Ruehin - Great for Arachas Swarms and moonlight decks. Great with Draug as well. But there's not much room for it in the other consume decks. Depending on what you go for, keep it or scrap it.

3) Dudu - I'd suggest replacing this one with Ozzrel snap. Ozzrel gets 15 - 18 points very consistently aside from boosting all your nekkers by 1. Dudu will very rarely get that amount against anything other than Greatswords (against which Ozzrel can do the same job and better) and Nekker spam

4) Consider taking the Frightener. Card advantage spies are crucial in the meta, while yours has an extra advantage - Excellent synergy with the toad prince :D If it's the 3rd round and you really don't want to give your opponent 13 points, you can just consume that with the toad and then once again with ozzrel or a spawned ghoul from Monster Nest for 19 and 18 points :D Alternatively, it makes sure you can keep up if your opponent goes second and opens with a Card advantage spy of their own, since Consume decks need a setup of at least 1 card to be able to start gaining tempo (be it behemoths, celaeno harpies, or in the case of nekkers, which don't care, they need to play their nekker)

5) Manticore Venom - another bad silver in my opinion. It's a starter, and from what I get you don't have that many cards yet, which is fine, but it's better to go for Mandrake or another organic card. Mandrake is crucial against Olgierd, which is becoming a thing, since nothing else ensures that card stays dead aside from artifact compression which you cannot tutor as easily. It will also be a lot more useful against Greatswords and their pesky Longships.

6) Geralt and Triss are also pretty basic golds. If you plan to replace something with kayran, that's where I'd start. You can keep the Woodland spirit if you also add a foglet in your bronzes. That's 14 points on deploy with added fog to deal 2 damage every turn. Really good value.

Other options for golds that you might want to consider for golds: Ge'els, Phoenix (resurrects a forktail or a slyzard for extra consumptions or thinning), Miruna (against decks with little control, like the ones dominating the meta right now - Greatswords, sabbath decks, Nekker spam, Handbuff she can work wonders. Just remember to play her as your penultimate card, otherwise they are bound to be able to counter her :) ) or my personal option, the Caretaker, to be able to steal Greatswords and Bearmasters from Skellige, your biggest opponent.

i was going twoards the behimoths more. My deck ia budget based for now i dont really have the big threats.
As for some cards i find them very valuable i like the manticore venom it has very nice stat like i did get drop from the alternative one Glorius hunt but it kinda seems a little bit too umpredictable its basicly the same.
Monster nest is the best silver card for Monster decks i dont think anything can replace it it gives you all the tech bronze monsters it would be great if in the future when new cards pop up it will give you those cards too :D
Whispess: tribute is a card i opened i na crate and i like it its the reason i keep both the manticore venom and the monster nest since they are the cards she will draw you from your deck and monster nest is guaranteed + 1 power behimot and a guaranteed Roach so with one card you already played 2 of your bronze cards and if you drew Monster nest she can still manticore venom for 13 removing tris butterflues and some peski gold cards you dont need all the removal just enought to be competitive and manticore vemon is my only removal tool for now that is
On the other hand the frog prince draws me an extra card and when he consumes a monster its basicly play 2 more cards so the strategy is working for me so far those are the core cards i like the most.
And if the oponent removes all your behemoths you still have something extra like the harpyes or the nekos. Lets be honest this deck really does not work againts all the heavy removal decks you need one of the core cards to make a great play that will give you a good win and sometimes you will be able to make all the good plays.

The cards that i dont get most value from is definately the woodland spirit. it has waaay too little health to be consumed total of 8 stats and a weather effect that always gets removed especially if you want to play your gold card to get Roach out of your deck is veeery slow i am definately going to replace him with kayran removing things with 7 power may be out of reach for the core bronz and silvers but he can consume plenty of other things and he does not care about the armors and he can eat gold cards too. plus he is a +1 for the nekos which no other gold card can give me exept the monster nest card i draw from Whispess.( again i like that card in the behemoths deck a lot. Did i mention mandrake also synergises with her its very efective in the insect deck)

the other thig that should go is Dudu i like the card a lot i have won lots of duels with it if you play the rounds right and not missplay its super nice but Morvud is the bouse i really think playing him over Ozzrel too i mean they are both used bocouse they are powerfull i may eventually play them both although Roach's slim efect makes my deck extra consistent. I mean ozzrel plays the same role as dude but better lock statuses are veeery nice and he can screw it all. And this card is the reason i don't like the Frightener Ozzrel combo . After all monster nest can be used to get a ghoul too not only behemoth and even if you are able to deal the 13 dmg to it your oponent can still bank in the extra stats and 13 power in a consume deck can be acieved only with core creatures and silver cards should have more value the Only thing i have seen this combo work is againts the boats and swords decks that are not allmighty.

As for the regular harpy i don't like that card too i reasently got all 3 and still havent seen the 3 of them in action and another reason i hate them is that becouse of them i dont have 3 forktails :D. but still theother harpy is 8 baselike + 10 consume bonus and banking on that is much more than the regular harpy that is 8 if you proc it once unless you want to run pesants in your silver core cards. And most people underestimate. i mean the other harpy makes your forktails 18 stat wise and running the different tokens make tris butterfly a bit too weak for my deck composition.

After i am done with that i plan on replacing the basic tris with maybe muzzle or Brewess : ritual and may be remove the barbegazi with forktails although one copy of barbegazi can be usefull. But if i remove the barbegazi i can replace ruehin with prize winning cow. To be fair commander's horn is not a good card its a baseline of 15 power and riehin and decoy can make a lot more value than that and ruehin is even more powerfull on the later turn since most boost your deck cards get weaker as you play your cards but the flowers spawn more tokens and ruehin gets more powerfull the more tokens it hits and it doesnt boost your leader in hand but if your leader is on the field it boosts it too. So ruehin has a base power of 8 in order to be more effective than commander's horn you need to get like 7 insectoids and or cursed units. like the toad prince (if toad prince consumes the award wining cow that is not a bad move but nevermind) barbegazi can count as +2 becouse of the resilence you use the boosts wtice if you use the resilence and the drones get boosted too.

i think i like ruehin enough to make a more consistent insect deck olgien von everek can be a nice replacement for the neko slack he becomes + 6. But i think that getting a consume on a gold card slot is the insect way of consistent deck.

Sry about the long writing :D

Ok one last post since i have started climbing the ladder. I have scraps for my first golden card and i kinda want to craft Kyran although i know i will be very much sorry about not crafting Muzzle :D. But i want to see how he goes in my deckssperiment with the budget monster consume i am still running all the consume cards though :D. I founf however that the arach drones are secretly overpowered. You can copy them with nekker warriors that have a base statline of 9they spawn 2 more in your deck and the next time your behemoth spawns spider that give +12 stat on the next behemot consume whick is more than caleno hapry give caleno harpies are +5 per consume and swarming your board with fast numbers works amazingly better againts Boats and swords decks that gives me a very solid win window againts a top tier meta deck. my best moves are Brawes tribute that spawns me a 9 powered behemoth and roach for 18 power than a single consume from bergazi or toad prince gives you a +12 from the arach drones and stuff. Kuran counts as well if your oponent spawns some 7 powered monster its feeding frenzy :D you can easily spawn 50 stats in 2 turns than let the boats/swords concede the turn than you deside. And againts removal decks use the neko warriors on the probably one remaining behemots spawnlings :Dand use the slizards to consistently draw your behemots.

Whispess tribute draws you the monster nest that is very much consistent you can draw the monster nest without drawing whispress though than you still have the option to draw one of the 3 behemoths you mulligan your arach drones on. If you happen to get a drone in your hand after the mulligan you keep it dont throw it away next turn put it in your deck the next behemoth consume will spawn it even after the rest 2 are out . Ruehin boosts all the behemots spawnlings by one for each and you get tons of them anyway if they are on the board i suppose tess:butterfly will be amazing there as well since all your lowest monsters have. you can ditch the kaleno harpyes if you run her since they spawn one drop tokens .The deck is super consistent it has tons of card draws, it utilized the toad prince for eztra card draw, whispress can slim your deck by 2 if you have the basic card roach. slizards and nekos if you can copy the behemoths you can still mulligan for nekos and neko warriors too. I run the harpy becouse i want to utilize the leader more but the 3 powered tokens dont make your arach queen that fat as eating harpy eggs and she can evade scorches :D and you can evade even Regis :Dor run it yourself it is a solid strategy that can suprise your oponents for now no one expects the arach drones value.
So now is the big question muzzle or tess: butterfly or kayran. the kayran consume is a lot of value if you can make it happen but 7 power is kinda one off of the core cards people use.
i am not shure what to do with dudu for now.
those 10 post shits and the constant i am not robot recapcha is totally bonkers

Update. The updated list seems to work fine generally, in casual, though there are issues that are draw related first and foremost, meaning you might simply get screwed out of luck in your initial draw. That's why I wouldn't recommend going through with this in ranked play, unless we are talking about lower ranks generally.

The biggest problems it has are:

1) Without an access to at least one Celaeno Harpy in your hand, you might as well forfeit, especially if you don't draw it in Round 2

2) It possesses huge tempo and can put an overwhelming amount of points on the board, but even if you make the opponent go 2 cards down, you will unavoidably lose against engine decks if you relinquish the match control. Redrame's Redanians in particular is pretty much the ultimate counter for this deck, able to match it both in the long and the short term

3) How much you can push in Round 1 is pretty much determined by the cards you have in hand. Ideally, you want 1 Celaeno Harpy, a Slyzard, 2 Forktails, and all golds except Kayran to make the biggest push. In that case you can play up to 6 - 7 cards before unavoidably passing. On average, you can push a lot more in Round 2 if necessary, but usually, this deck plays 3 medium length rounds.

4) Nekker spam will most likely beat you. End of story. You are at a massive disadvantage against it.

However it possesses certain advantages that are impossible to ignore in my opinion:

+ It picks up a lot of power Round 2 onwards. The longer the match goes the more powerful it becomes. Most often, against non-engine decks, I find myself losing Round 1 a card up, and then the opponent simply cannot keep up with the points I play on the board. If they play their spy you can counter with your own. If they go straight to Round 3, you can eat your spy for a 22 point Toad Prince ( 19 + 1 for each Nekker). In round 2 onwards, there is no way you have a silver that's worth less than 17 points, if you play it right. The toad is massive, Maerolorn playing a boosted Nekker is huge as well, Ozzrel is usually 18. Monster's Nest and Mandrake are game changers.

+ It has excellent thinning. I've never not had access to at least 2 Nekkers by the late game. Often all of them. People hold their Coral and Mandrake for the Nekkers ignoring the STR 19 toads and STR 18 Ghouls/Ozzrel which is a really bad thing to do against this deck.

+ Caretaker is a surprisingly excellent addition to this deck's arsenal. Μost importantly, Caretaker - Skjall - Toad Prince is an amazing combo you should be looking to pull off against Non-GS SK. Against ST and NR, you can take Ida Emean or a Dol Blathanna Archer to misalign your units and Stennis/ silver mage respectively. Against NG, the best you can usually get is Cynthia, Peter Saar Gwynleve or Spotters in some cases. Against MO it is a less obvious case. If it is deathwish, it's worth aiming to get an Archespore to improve your long term gameplan. Against Nekker spam, your best bet is to steal the Nekker warrior as soon as it is eaten and hope they don't have another.

+ Blue Coin is not too much of a problem for this deck if you have Whispess: Tribute in your opening hand, as you can give yourself carryover with the Barbegazi while also gaining a truckload of points if you eat a Harpy Egg or summon a Harpy with it. So your opponent will either remove it but allow you to pass a card up or will need to catch up in terms of points, allowing you to go in Round 2 on even but with Carryover, usually. Additionally, the opening tempo is huge.

It is the deck that I've been playing the most on casual by far and I am really enjoying it. It is worth a try I think. I've definitely got positive results in general, despite the setbacks :)

Top Bottom