Explain me something

+
Why Gwent matchmaking put me in matches where my deck doesn't stand a chance to win? What's a logic behind this? o_O

Well, you play a deck whose most expensive cards are based on deathwish abilities and then you only have 3 dw cards lol, one of witch is a Harpy Egg... Sure you placed some fun and whacky cards in that deck but it's not a winning deck, not even close. :| The synergy between cards is very weak there and not even one card on it's own is strong enough to compensate for the lack of synergy (in this case at least).
I remember creating Ritual Sacrifice back when I just started playing thinking how it shall surely be of awesome value. But in practice it just takes too long to set up and requires a lot of dw cards (which are mostly weak) in the end it just almost never was worth the hustle. I mean the card requires a lot of living dw cards but the whole point of a dw card is to not be kept alive but to get consumed. xD ... and by the time you've played all of that to get value from Ritual, you won't have any consumes left to consume all of those dws, probablyyyy. And if the opponent sees you keeping those things alive he knows there is only one card that you plan to use for that.

Last edited:
The new deathwish leader is has kinda become overwhelming hunger, craft scenario and try the interaction between cyclops and rotfiend, it should great especially on lower ranks, it's could be a 12 point play if done right and dont forget foglets and riders for thinning.

If collusion in syndicate is considered a meme card then so is ritual sacrifice. Use it untill you get something better.

Yikes that is quite the pile of cards. Why are you playing Carapace leader, by the way? You don't have any engines to protect
It helps me maintain dominance when needed, protect kikimore, good protections vs any kind of status and if not Carapace, what then?
Post automatically merged:

Well, you play a deck whose most expensive cards are based on deathwish abilities and then you only have 3 dw cards lol, one of witch is a Harpy Egg... Sure you placed some fun and whacky cards in that deck but it's not a winning deck, not even close. :| The synergy between cards is very weak there and not even one card on it's own is strong enough to compensate for the lack of synergy (in this case at least).
I remember creating Ritual Sacrifice back when I just started playing thinking how it shall surely be of awesome value. But in practice it just takes too long to set up and requires a lot of dw cards (which are mostly weak) in the end it just almost never was worth the hustle. I mean the card requires a lot of living dw cards but the whole point of a dw card is to not be kept alive but to get consumed. xD ... and by the time you've played all of that to get value from Ritual, you won't have any consumes left to consume all of those dws, probablyyyy. And if the opponent sees you keeping those things alive he knows there is only one card that you plan to use for that.
You don't get it. My concerns is why I'm getting opponents vs who I don't stand a chance.
Im aware that my deck it's not meta deck, thats a whole point. I hate when update comes out and every time it's more powerful cards, so litterally devs telling you what to play instead letting players to figure out their play style.
Whole game is going to website, copy meta deck, play in style A, B, C, D and reach pro rank. No tactics, no mistakes.

Last edited:
Well you just answered it yourself lol. If it ain't meta, it will lose vs meta. Happens to me too most of the time when I play this game too. You either play exactly the same as the majority or you are in a serious disadvantage... sad but true. :/
Add me to friend list and we can play sometimes, just send me challenge and I'll accept. :D

It helps me maintain dominance when needed, protect kikimore, good protections vs any kind of status and if not Carapace, what then?

If you're playing Carapace then play cards that go well with Carapace, like engines.
You're playing a deathwish deck without deathwish units and without the deathwish leader

The new deathwish leader is has kinda become overwhelming hunger, craft scenario and try the interaction between cyclops and rotfiend, it should great especially on lower ranks, it's could be a 12 point play if done right and dont forget foglets and riders for thinning.

If collusion in syndicate is considered a meme card then so is ritual sacrifice. Use it untill you get something better.
I need my dw cards to be alive, so I can use it in my advance
Well you just answered it yourself lol. If it ain't meta, it will lose vs meta. Happens to me too most of the time when I play this game too. You either play exactly the same as the majority or you are in a serious disadvantage... sad but true. :/
Add me to friend list and we can play sometimes, just send me challenge and I'll accept. :D
Why I'm even matching with those decks, this is the problem...Match metas vs meta and let better player win, not better deck. This is skill game, not some blond chubby cheek copy paste deck match :)
Post automatically merged:

If you're playing Carapace then play cards that go well with Carapace, like engines.
You're playing a deathwish deck without deathwish units and without the deathwish leader
You won't get it. Get out of the box a little. You seem nice guy, but you sound like player who just follows the flow without challange :)

You are setting yourself up willingly for an uphill battle mate. Which is by no means a bad thing, but then you feel uncomfortable for walking uphill and get frustrated because others are not willing to follow the same logic and just "follow the flow".
You have to make up your mind I believe - you can create off-meta decks, hell, even be successful with them (I mean, at some point, ALL meta decks are created by someone by using some creativity on his own) - but in that case you should get accustomed to getting your butt kicked all over the place by decks that aim for effectiveness over creativity.

And to answer your question directly: you are getting "unbeatable" opponents because (most likely) you keep advancing in ladder or in your own mmr, thus getting more serious matchups. And yes, those decks will have a high winning chance against yours, which you also accepted by using these set of cards.

Nothing devilish here, just the generic flow of the game :)

You won't get it. Get out of the box a little. You seem nice guy, but you sound like player who just follows the flow without challange :)
You're complaining that you lose... but you don't want to change your deck. Others should change their decks?
Mate I'll be brutally honest: you won't get far in any competitive scene

If you don't mind playing with a braindead deck and getting all the hate you could craft very easily a standard Viy deck.
If you don't want, i can recommend a few changes I would make to your deck.

Yeah... I mean there are non-meta decks that aren't completely horrible like the one you showed us. :p
Anyway.. last night I start an unranked game as red coin, the guy plays the Unicorn card as his 1st and just spawns a Viy and consumes it with leader = I just leave instantly lmao. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotta say, you don't need a meta deck to have a good few wins.

I haven't been bothered to make a new deck this expansion, in fact, I haven't even slotted any new cards into my decks. I've simply been playing an old deck to complete dailies (whilst I've been playing Cyberpunk).

Anyway, the deck I'm playing is an old pure elf deck. Based on the scenario + Vernossiel. I don't believe it was ever meta - and it certainly isn't now.

But I've had wins vs Lippy decks, Viy decks - well - all of todays' meta decks. I haven't even lost enough to get annoyed enough to want to switch. The deck has been doing me fine!

What I'm trying to say is, as long as your deck is half good, you'll win a good fair few! You might not have an amazing win rate, but it won't be that bad either!

At least, that's been my experience since the expansion. That's all!

Top Bottom