Explore the world or continue V's story?

+
If you asked me a year ago, I'd definitely wanted a sequel to V's story. But after my second Playthrough and after watching the Anime, I think that you don't necessarily need a happy end to Tell a satisfying story in a RPG. Even if V didn't survive they (most likely) changed the lives of many people for the better. A tragic end elevates that effect just even more so, in my opinion. In the end, nothing was really in vain. Depends on how you Look at it.

Nevertheless I'd also appreciate it if they continued the story but I'm also fine if they take a completely new approach.

After finishing the game 5 times, comprehensively, multiple builds and quest / end outcomes. I can wholeheartedly say, I wish there was more to do in the game from the open world perspective. The story is fine, the gigs / side jobs are fine, the ncpd scanner encounters are all fine except when you reach the point when there is absolutely nothing left to do, even when you found all the legendary clothing items there should still be something left to do!

I mean - it is 60 to 100 hours of content. I agree the main story was shorter than it should have been. But 60-100 hours is quite a bit of content. It sounds like the expansion is going to be adding quite a bit more.

I think it's tough to expect more than 60-100 hours worth of content out of a game while at the same time expecting it to be quality. It has about as much content as The Witcher 3 did in the base game - although the main story of Cyberpunk 2077 is (sadly) much shorter.

As much as I want them to find a miracle cure, I don't know if it fits with the theme either. CDPR says their committed to the future of the ip. Personally, I think it would be nice to explore the universe a bit more instead of such a personal story. What do you think. It would be nice to explore thus universe without a ticking time bomb in your head though.

There is more to the Night City to explore. Look how many institutions were mentioned in the lore that we never got access to. All the character and tech that were not even shown to us in the game. Let's also take into consideration that a very important character got the axe very early. No; not Silverhand. Meredith Stout. There was so much more to her that we didn't get to see. Not sure why CDPR took that route; but it's their game. I would have loved to see a CORPO partnership with her.

As for exploring the world, I want to see a story that is not centered around Arasaka. Let's take a look at the underground parts of Night City and what lurks there.

There is more to the Night City to explore. Look how many institutions were mentioned in the lore that we never got access to. All the character and tech that were not even shown to us in the game. Let's also take into consideration that a very important character got the axe very early. No; not Silverhand. Meredith Stout. There was so much more to her that we didn't get to see. Not sure why CDPR took that route; but it's their game. I would have loved to see a CORPO partnership with her.

As for exploring the world, I want to see a story that is not centered around Arasaka. Let's take a look at the underground parts of Night City and what lurks there.
The underground is a massive canvas of untapped potential, and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't massively hyped for all the things that could be thrown into it. We're way into the future and there could feasibly be layers upon layers of disused underground. 40k underhive vibes abound. Might even be a great place to put some mutants and offer more enemies than just endless waves of standard humans and the occasional drone.

But underutilized canvas is pretty much the story for most of NC. How about all those megabuildings, for instance? There's so much space in each one, so many people, so much potential for telling a story that isn't presently taken advantage of. Each one is essentially a fairly large society within the society and seeing CDPR reduce them to mostly scenery and occasionally a generic entrance and a mission floor is almost painful.

The underground is a massive canvas of untapped potential, and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't massively hyped for all the things that could be thrown into it. We're way into the future and there could feasibly be layers upon layers of disused underground. 40k underhive vibes abound. Might even be a great place to put some mutants and offer more enemies than just endless waves of standard humans and the occasional drone.

But underutilized canvas is pretty much the story for most of NC. How about all those megabuildings, for instance? There's so much space in each one, so many people, so much potential for telling a story that isn't presently taken advantage of. Each one is essentially a fairly large society within the society and seeing CDPR reduce them to mostly scenery and occasionally a generic entrance and a mission floor is almost painful.

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Start right from home. The megabuildings need more interaction. Night City is a neo-metropolis. There is suppose to be tones of activity. As the information states, Edgerunners takes place during the same universe as V's. The two main characters in Edgerunners are present in Night City, but their megabuilding is not accessible. Same with the Militech building. This is why I was a bit frustrated with them giving Meredith the axe so early. Who is running Militech; now?

There are many things I stated in another post, but one thing for sure is making the lifepaths more distinguishable. I have yet to finish my CORPO playthrough, but I was expecting them to give V more privileges' to advance Cyberwear. Not to mention a more distinguishable life, than the other two life paths. From the start of the CORPO playthrough, V should have had a much finer apartment. Not to mention them taking her cash so early. And why did V have to work for Arasaka? Why not a competitor corporation that rivals them. That would have been so much more fun.

Exploring the underground needs to have a higher threat level. This needs to be the place where the evil science tech geniuses reside. Even Arasaka has to think twice before sending a team down there. Much like the Morlocks in X-Men, a dark underground beneath Night City would be entertaining. And imagine beating a tough opponent and retrieving some cool cyberwear.

Who is running Militech; now?
Just for info :)
Meredith was just a Militech senior operations manager (not random, but not really more than V for Arasaka during the intro). And if she unfortunately die, it's Anthony Gilchrist who fortunately take her place.
Militech is a mega corpo, the CEO is Lucas Harford in 2077 (the former CEO was Rosalind Myers, the current president of the NUSA). So in short, If Meredith dies, no one misses her :D

As much as I want them to find a miracle cure, I don't know if it fits with the theme either. CDPR says their committed to the future of the ip. Personally, I think it would be nice to explore the universe a bit more instead of such a personal story. What do you think. It would be nice to explore thus universe without a ticking time bomb in your head though.

Continue V's story.

I'd rather follow them and their footsteps as the ultimate Edgerunner than go through a bunch of disposable ones.

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Start right from home. The megabuildings need more interaction. Night City is a neo-metropolis. There is suppose to be tones of activity. As the information states, Edgerunners takes place during the same universe as V's. The two main characters in Edgerunners are present in Night City, but their megabuilding is not accessible. Same with the Militech building. This is why I was a bit frustrated with them giving Meredith the axe so early. Who is running Militech; now?

Meredith is a mid-level manager not even an executive of the company. Fans built her up as a huge Militech mover and shaker but she's barely an entity.

But we'll be getting a lot more information about Militech and the NuUSA in Phantom Liberty.
There are many things I stated in another post, but one thing for sure is making the lifepaths more distinguishable. I have yet to finish my CORPO playthrough, but I was expecting them to give V more privileges' to advance Cyberwear. Not to mention a more distinguishable life, than the other two life paths. From the start of the CORPO playthrough, V should have had a much finer apartment. Not to mention them taking her cash so early. And why did V have to work for Arasaka? Why not a competitor corporation that rivals them. That would have been so much more fun.

I mean, the story they envisioned for Corpo V is that it's a fall from grace.

It's just you either are Takemura and come running back to your evil masters or find redemption by becoming a Nomad or destroying Mikoshi.

They chose Arasaka because, well, it's the most evil corporation and most prominent.

Last edited:
i dont see the point of dropping V and making some new character in NC
i mean you literally just gonna play a V2.0 with different voice actors but in the same place , prob same backstory as the same cyberpunk merc doing same jobs and most likelely we gonna use character creation to recreate V likeness, this isnt dragon age , i mean i would totally like that we gonna have a sequel but i dont want to replay NC over again , collect all the weapons , armor skins and cars from the first game all over again or worse just loose all the progress and redo the same stuff on some new shmuck
Let V carry over and see were the characters story goes, we still have so many cliffhanger stories from NC left unresolved that i highly doubt gonna be resolved in phantom liberty

I mean, the story they envisioned for Corpo V is that it's a fall from grace.

It's just you either are Takemura and come running back to your evil masters or find redemption by becoming a Nomad or destroying Mikoshi.

They chose Arasaka because, well, it's the most evil corporation and most prominent.

What about The Sun/Afterlife ending?

Top Bottom