Exploring Cyberpunk 2077

+
Just sharing some experiences here.

Got to act 1 and used some points on Dagger Dealer only to find out that after throwing a knife that costs around 400+ Eddies you can't even pick it up anymore. Argh... no, thanks? I have to go back to before selecting that perk.

I think a lot of people got disappointed that it wasn't infinite ammo and they couldn't just spam it, but I looked at it more as part of my toolset for a stealth dagger/knife style build and yeah, spending 400 eddies per shot is a lot but looted knives you can only vendor for a few eddies so I didn't notice any income loss as I'd normally disassemble them anyway.

The better way, it's to craft your knife.
I think, you can craft uncommun for quite "low" component's cost. Especially when you are submerged by common and uncommon components.
Generally, I finish the game with 50K common and 25K uncommon components, so 20/40 each for one knife, it's pretty "cheap" :)

Yeah, crafting should be the way to do it.

Unrelated - are there any downsides to installing cyberware mods? A few sources in the game mentioned cyberpsychosis. How does it work?

Oh, so no downsides for turning into a cyborg? That's somewhat not RPG-like.

Nope. But not using cybernetics will make the game somewhat harder. Especially in the later levels. Smart weapons will be pretty useless. As will most other things in the game. Think of them as "invisible implants". Because only the arm cybernetics actually have a visible appearance. Unless you're using mods. Then you can go for the full-on cyborg look ;)

I see, good know. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Is there any reputation system? Like what would happen if you get in a fight with particular gang? Would they be more hostile after that?

Last edited:
Is there any reputation system? Like what would happen if you get in a fight with particular gang? Would they be more hostile after that?
Nope, mostly, gangs members become hostile if you are too close (random group of three).
I say "mostly", because it's like cops, sometimes, I don't know why, but they simply ignore you. You can stand just near them. And there are also areas where gangs don't become hostile if you don't attack them like at Kabuki roundabout or in the cherry blossom market in Japan Town.

There are also quests who can be different, if you have done other quests or GIGs in stealth or not (or have choose a certain way to do them), like Stadium Love or Second Conflict. But nothing "significant" of the way you ask (like Voodoo Boys in Pacifica who stay "Pacific" whatever your choice in a certain quest).
Unrelated - are there any downsides to installing cyberware mods? A few sources in the game mentioned cyberpsychosis. How does it work?
Nope, the idea could be good, but cyberwares are here for add more "features". And limiting their use could be more "frustrating" than other thing :(
Smart weapons will be pretty useless
Some smart weapon don't require any smart link. Like some "looted" ones with this ability or simply, maybe the most famous, Skippy :)

Last edited:
I see, good know. Thanks!

No there is no system for that. Would be a good idea though. I was a bit surprised that when you do some major damage to a certain gang early in the story (I do not want to spoil) it has no effect on the daily business later on. But having said that, there are consequences of how you deal with gangs. But it bases on major decisions throughout the story and not on random encounters. I do not want to spoil but there are some connections between quests where things work different depending on whether some previous quest finished peacefully or not.

Some more thoughts..
Generally there is no system for how NPCs feel or behave towards V. For example you can loot whatever you want and no one will be annoyed and react.
There is a reputation system (street creds) but I think it only affects which items you are allowed to equip or which quests to pick.

Last edited:
Nope, the idea could be good, but cyberwares are here for add more "features". And limiting their use could be more "frustrating" than other thing
Cyberpsychosis in tabletop game is for game balance reasons. Without that there wouldn't be any incentive for players to create but tank builds which would not be very fun in game that is designed for group of players each having their special skillset.

Mechanic has no purpose in single player video game which is why it isn't included. It's however quite well explained in the game if player search information about it, there's plenty of that available, but that's something better discovered for each on their own.

Yeah, since there is already street rep, it could be extended to differ between factions depending on encounters and choices.

And I've found details on cyberpsychosis and I don't think it's just about balancing the build. The whole augmentation could play a bigger role like in losing humanity affecting the story. I guess developers didn't want to add that layer of complexity.

Yeah, since there is already street rep, it could be extended to differ between factions depending on encounters and choices.

And I've found details on cyberpsychosis and I don't think it's just about balancing the build. The whole augmentation could play a bigger role like in losing humanity affecting the story. I guess developers didn't want to add that layer of complexity.

I'm not so sure an actual faction system (as we traditionally know them) even exists. Everything presented thus far is nothing more than isolated, scripted scuffles as far as I can tell. Even the police vs. gang group stuff. :shrug:

Yep, I mean that dot. It's still annoying like when in dialogues it can be in people's faces. I just turned off crosshair completely for now.

Another question (for making screenshots) - is there any way to quickly hide HUD? I tried TW3 method with Home button, but it didn't do anything.

Just got a cool bike from one of the Tyger Claws gangs. Is there any way to store / park it so it could be retrieved later, or it just can be left on the street?

Yep, I mean that dot. It's still annoying like when in dialogues it can be in people's faces. I just turned off crosshair completely for now.

Another question (for making screenshots) - is there any way to quickly hide HUD? I tried TW3 method with Home button, but it didn't do anything.
The dot is really, really tiny in my case (almost invisible), but maybe due to the 4K :(
Except using Photo Mode, nope I don't think so (enable Photo Mode and use First Person view work fine for me).

Top Bottom