Exploring Cyberpunk 2077

+
I think you can't skip the whole thing, just individual lines. But I can double check.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, no way to skip the whole dialogue. I can spam click "C" (skip line), which kind of works but it's still somewhat irritating due to how hard the fight is and need to reload it tons of times.

Last edited:
At least they could allow saving right before the fight. I have to fast forward through the whole dialogue with Vik every time. It's getting really annoying.
Yeah, that can happen.
That's one of my pet peeves with games as well. I like how Jedi: Fallen Order handles it. The cutscene plays the first time on the playthrough...then it just skips right into the action following that if you need to reload.

That's one of my pet peeves with games as well. I like how Jedi: Fallen Order handles it. The cutscene plays the first time on the playthrough...then it just skips right into the action following that if you need to reload.
Even create an "auto-save" just before the "action" and not before the dialogue :)
Even if in function of the dialogue lines chosen, there may or may not be "action".

Last edited:
OK, I kind of got too frustrated to I lowed difficulty from very hard to hard and that made the fight more manageable! Finally won that match. And yeah, I added Kerenzikov too.
That's still quite a stunt, I played on normal and my tips were based on that difficult so congrats! Kerenzikov, didn't thought of that...
Yep, useful cyberware ;)
Informative. I didn't used that but I can think many players playing on harder difficulties can appreciate that info.

So, I played through most of the endings. And just general comment - they all are sad in different ways. I'll just sum up some points (these are just choices that I got, I assume there could be more depending on other branches):

In let's call it Hanako's path, Johnny ends up being shredded, Saburo returns in Yorinobu's body. Taking the option to get uploaded to Mikoshi feels like a dark choice in that situation. Though alternative if you refuse gives V only limited time to live, but at least he remains friends with Goro and remains on good terms with Hanako after that. In that scenario Saul, Aldecaldos and Rogue also remain alive.

In Panam's path, Saul and many other Aldecaldos die, and if V goes with Alt, Panams blames Johnny for V's death and basically no one wants to see him, even Rogue, so Johnny leaves the city behind. If V returns and Johnny leaves with Alt, V leaves with Panam but his time is also running out. And besides Saul and others dying, Hanako apparently was killed by Alt as well and Goro blames V for her death.

In Rogue's path, Rogue herself is killed. I only played the V returns scenario now (not sure what happens in Johnny returns yet in this case), but at least V is still in relationship with Panam though she can't stay in the city. V's time is also running out, but V becomes the owner of Afterlife and the last scene near the space station looked epic. Though in the end Goro also blames V for Arasaka's failure (it's not clear if Hanako survived in this scenario, at least it wasn't mentioned).

So overall, all endings are sad in different ways. V loses people he cared about or those that his friends cared about and V's time is running out in either case. Or V joins Alt which in itself is an ambiguous ending.

I wonder what they plan to do with expansions and all that. So many different scenarios to branch from? Unless they simply sidestep it by using brand new characters.
Post automatically merged:

What I think was missing was some scenario where Michiko Arasaka takes control over the company. It would be a better scenario probably than Saburo returning or Hanako dying.

Last edited:
A detail, but it's Yorinobu who killed his sister, not Alt. He does the big cleaning.

That's a feasible possibility but is it just a guess or there is some info about it? Because the way I understood when (I think Saul?) commented that Alt "doesn't take prisoners", and apparently Hanako happened to be in the building at that time so she could become the victim of Alt purging everyone there. But of course Yorinobu could frame it that way to cover his own crimes and it could be his doing.
And Goro, as the masterless samurais (ronins), he commits suicide... And obviously, he "blame" V because he/she doesn't help him to take revenge.

I understood it more because he failed Hanako whom he saw as true successor of Saburo, but may be you are right and it was about failing his revenge.

That's a feasible possibility but is it just a guess or there is some info about it? Because the way I understood when (I think Saul?) commented that Alt "doesn't take prisoners", and apparently Hanako happened to be in the building at that time so she could become the victim of Alt purging everyone there. But of course Yorinobu could frame it that way to cover his own crimes and it could be his doing.
After Hanako left the Embers, she's not in the tower. She's "trapped" in her house at North Oak by Yorinobu (for her "security").
If you don't follow Arasaka path, Yorinobu need to make sure that no one will contest his "autority" and he will obviously cut the "head" of the other factions in Arasaka to prevent that (I suppose that Michiko also share the same fate... the same for Hellman, we don't know, but I also suppose that he die "by acccident")
And Hanako also said that Yorinobu "rescue" team was came in the building (during "search and destroy") not to save, but rather kill her.
I understood it more because he failed Hanako whom he saw as true successor of Saburo, but may be you are right and it was about failing his revenge.
You have to see Goro as a Samurai. A masterless samurai is nothing, he have no goal, he failed his life... The only solution is to die honorably, so the suicide (and V is the only reason why he can't achieve his plans... yeah, V is not a samourai, he/she don't care about Arasaka/Saburo/Hanoko in these endings...)
If you listen to him, during the whole game, the only thing that matters to him (in all the dialogues) is Arasaka/revenge... Nothing else matters to him. Not once, he really talk about anything else.
His only friend is Oda. Goro would have cut off his head if Yorinobu had asked him... that says everything about the character :)

Last edited:
Right, but it's still just a guess. We know Hanako is in North Oak when taking Hanako's path, but may be she somehow was indeed in the building during the attack when taking other paths (for example Goro managed to free her without V's help and they headed to the building to take control over it like they would have done with V as well). I.e. it's also just a guess but I mean there was no clear info about it in the end.

I suppose CDPR could do a bit better job clarifying all these details somehow.

About Goro it makes sense. He did talk about revenge quite a bit before, so he would blame V for not going along with Hanako's offer and all the resulting fallout.

Right, but it's still just a guess. We know Hanako is in North Oak when taking Hanako's path, but may be she somehow was indeed in the building during the attack when taking other paths (for example Goro managed to free her without V's help and they headed to the building to take control over it like they would have done with V as well). I.e. it's also just a guess but I mean there was no clear info about it in the end.
Her bodyguard tells her to hurry in the embers because she's expected at the "residence", just before V has a nosebleed ;)
(and it's in all the endings)

True, but I mean what stops Goro from rescuing her same way as he would have done with V's help? Let's say he found someone else to help him. So same kind of scenario could play out in parallel with V's attempt to infiltrate the tower, except Hanako would fail to reach Yorinobu in time because Alt would turn everything upside down there.

True, but I mean what stops Goro from rescuing her same way as he would have done with V's help? Let's say he found someone else to help him. So same kind of scenario could play out in parallel with V's attempt to infiltrate the tower, except Hanako would fail to reach Yorinobu in time because Alt would turn everything upside down there.
To do what ?
Like Hanako said, without V, nothing is possible. She have no one to count on and V is "no one" for her. If V was not "very important/essential", she would never ask him/her help.
So maybe Goro could try to "save" her, but certainly not to go into the Arasaka tower :)
(And why Hanako would die in the Arasaka tower and Goro won't, if both are in the tower at the same time ?)

At the end, you suppose "something"... which is possible, but nothing in the game assumes something like this. Like it is in the game for now (and known), she go in the residence after meet V at the Embers and she's announced as dead by Yorinobu at the end. And obviously, he won't announce that it was he who had killed her.

In my opinion Goro and Hanako wait patiently a call from V. A call who will never come, unfortunately for them :)

Edit :
the most ironic thing about the Devil ending when V refuses the contract is Hanako's call :ROFLMAO:
"It would be a shame to waste the few months you have to live ! Come work for us, we'll pay you well !"

Last edited:
Well the whole "V is critically needed for their plan" is a bit overdoing it if you think about it. Yes, V is cool and all, but Hanako had more supporters besides Goro to help her out I suppose. I.e. I get why it was needed for the story to tie the plot, but I'd assume if V wouldn't show up, Goro would find other ways to do the same thing since Hanako does want to stop Yorinobu, V or not. At least that's my take on it :)

But I agree with your other points, that it won't be clear why Goro survives and Hanako not then. But the whole Alt's attack on the tower is a bit moot.

Well the whole "V is critically needed for their plan" is a bit overdoing it if you think about it. Yes, V is cool and all, but Hanako had more supporters besides Goro to help her out I suppose. I.e. I get why it was needed for the story to tie the plot, but I'd assume if V wouldn't show up, Goro would find other ways to do the same thing. At least that's my take on it
Not that much. Because in the Sunset Motel, if you choose the "right" dialogue line (french memories translations...) :
Hanako : "We must act, you will help me and testify"
V : "Ah ok, because it's already decided? You are not in a position to negotiate !"
Hanako : "And if I oblige you ?"
V : "For that you would need more proxy ! No, you are there because you are alone, because you have no one to rely on"
Hanako : "Ok yes, you're right... So what do you want ?"
V : "tell me everything you know about Mikoshi"

so she admits herself that without V, her "plan" is doomed to failure :)

Edit : Damn difficult to find a video, almost no one choose this dialogue line o_O

Last edited:
Right, I mean Hanako wanted to do it without resorting to violence, and that would have required V to testify to sway the board. I simply assume that without V's testimony she'd find a way to depose Yorinobu using some sneak attack and then deal with skeptical board (may be convincing Michiko first).

In the end her idea to avoid violence failed anyway because Yorinobu sent his goons to attack the board (in case when V did come to testify). So we can assume she could also decide to use more drastic measures if everything else failed.

But yeah, I agree that Hanako wouldn't have someone to turn to at hand. But I think Goro could find someone capable if everything else failed. It's not like V was the only merc in the city.

Last edited:
Top Bottom