Exploring is kinda pointless

+
It makes no more or less sense than in any other narrative driven RPG. Story almost always have some element that implies urgency and you're always able to divert your attention to side quests and side activities in pretty much any game with such content. It's just a matter of whether you feel the story is worthy of suspending disbelief.
Can't agree with that. Even Skyrim had a quest in main storyline (the one where we are asked to retrieve the horn of Jurgen Windcaller) that allows PC to explore the world without feeling detached from the main quest. Also, I believe that the setting plays a major role in this issue.

Fantasy-medieval settings are better in this regard e.g., though in Witcher 3 stakes seemed to be high, Geralt doing some monster hunting here and there wasn't hard to believe, the very same thing was described in the books - he had a long way to travel, he needed money along it, so it's obvious that he would stop once in a while.

In futuristic setting like in CP77 it doesn't really work, because not only you are limited to one city, there are also a lot of possible ways to transport fast around it. And additionally stating that there is some artificial time limit makes it even worse, when side content isn't compelling with stakes that high.

Let's just imagine, that cyberpsychosis quests were giving to the player with the purpose to learn more about influence of cybernetics on ones mind, which could seem to be something that could help V in his endeavors. And maybe the reward for finishing them would have been those pills that we originally get from Misty, which could serve as a way to prolong time that V has left to live. It would not only connect nicely to the main story, but also make pursuing side content meaningful in the grater scope.

Guest 3847602

Can't agree with that. Even Skyrim had a quest in main storyline (the one where we are asked to retrieve the horn of Jurgen Windcaller) that allows PC to explore the world without feeling detached from the main quest. Also, I believe that the setting plays a major role in this issue.
Can't remember Skyrim's main quest very well, but:
a) from what I do remember, you were told that dragon-god thing wants to destroy the world pretty early in the game. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
b) Skyrim is not a narrative-driven game; there's a story, but it's not the backbone of the game
Fantasy-medieval settings are better in this regard e.g., though in Witcher 3 stakes seemed to be high, Geralt doing some monster hunting here and there wasn't hard to believe, the very same thing was described in the books - he had a long way to travel, he needed money along it, so it's obvious that he would stop once in a while.
Number of side activities you're able to engage with and in-game time it takes for you to complete even a fraction of them is far above what you can reasonably expect from a man who's desperately trying to find his daughter-figure (who's on the run from genocidal elves). Or, in BaW, your goal is to stop the vampire serial killer on the prowl, but the amount of side content this expansion adds to the game undermines the plot.
Let's just imagine, that cyberpsychosis quests were giving to the player with the purpose to learn more about influence of cybernetics on ones mind, which could seem to be something that could help V in his endeavors. And maybe the reward for finishing them would have been those pills that we originally get from Misty, which could serve as a way to prolong time that V has left to live. It would not only connect nicely to the main story, but also make pursuing side content meaningful in the grater scope.
I don't disagree with this, it wasn't necessary to give V such short time to live for the Cyberpunk's story to function.

Can't remember Skyrim's main quest very well, but:
a) from what I do remember, you were told that dragon-god thing wants to destroy the world pretty early in the game. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually PC learn about true nature of Alduin when he/she finds Esbern, so midway through the main quest. Before that Alduin is just a dragon that attacked Helgen and bring other dragons to life.
b) Skyrim is not a narrative-driven game; there's a story, but it's not the backbone of the game
Well, I think this might be where the issue lies. CP77 feels like it was supposed to be more akin to Skyrim, a dynamic living world that you can play for hundreds of hours without even doing the main story (the devs in one interview said that you can finish the game without finishing the main storyline, which was obviously false
unless they meant the suicide ending
), which got bi*ch slapped into narrative-driven territory late into development.
Number of side activities you're able to engage with and in-game time it takes for you to complete even a fraction of them is far above what you can reasonably expect from a man who's desperately trying to find his daughter-figure (who's on the run from genocidal elves). Or, in BaW, your goal is to stop the vampire serial killer on the prowl, but the amount of side content this expansion adds to the game undermines the plot.
It takes Geralt (a man who's desperately trying to find his daughter-figure) 5 books to find Ciri, with spending several months in Toussaint working as a monster hunter. Besides in both main game and BaW player can take care of side content after the main plot, whereas in CP77 it's not possible for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
There're a lot of canals in the city. If you go swimming, you get a warning "Turn back" I was like wtf? Im still in the city.
Why is there even perk "Commando"?

It's for the Judy Diving quest. When you have the perk, she will constantly ask: "V? Where are you?"

Guest 3847602

Witcher 3, books and CP77 spoilers It takes Geralt (a man who's desperately trying to find his daughter-figure) 5 books to find Ciri, with spending several months in Toussaint working as a monster hunter. Besides in both main game and BaW player can take care of side content after the main plot, whereas in CP77 it's not possible for obvious reasons.
There was a bit more to it, he didn't know where to look for Ciri, he thought Yennefer had betrayed him and lady from my profile picture (and organization she belonged to) may have had something to do with him being distracted from continuing search.
As for playing side content after the ending, that is mostly true, but let's be real, nobody waited that long to become Gwent champion, for example. Besides, best sidequests are those related to major characters (Yen, Triss, Keira, Cerys, Hjalmar, Priscilla, etc and you can't do any of them after the game's end).
Well, I think this might be where the issue lies. CP77 feels like it was supposed to be more akin to Skyrim, a dynamic living world that you can play for hundreds of hours without even doing the main story (the devs in one interview said that you can finish the game without finishing the main storyline, which was obviously false
unless they meant the suicide ending
), which got bi*ch slapped into narrative-driven territory late into development.
Well, to each their own. Speaking as someone who already have 170 hours in Cyberpunk (and 11 or 12 playthroughs of TW3) compared to whopping 25 hours in Skyrim SE (0 in original version), this bitchslapping (if it really happened) was a godsend. :p

As for playing side content after the ending, that is mostly true, but let's be real, nobody waited that long to become Gwent champion, for example.
Yeah, but that's the thing that it's a player who decide if he/she want to roleplay, in which case becoming Gwent champion should be rather unimportant, or explore/experience more of the world. Still, it was possible to play a lot of Gwent without branching to far off of the main story. In CP77 such things wouldn't make sense when you have two weeks to live and are in a technologically advanced city, which is relatively small when compared to W3 world.

Besides, best sidequests are those related to major characters (Yen, Triss, Keira, Cerys, Hjalmar, Priscilla, etc and you can't do any of them after the game's end).
I would argue that this quests feel tightly connected to the main story, and doing them alongside is pretty believable in a setting of W3, which closely resembles similarly paced original Witcher books series.

Well, to each their own. Speaking as someone who already have 170 hours in Cyberpunk (and 11 or 12 playthroughs of TW3) compared to whopping 25 hours in Skyrim SE (0 in original version), this bitchslapping (if it really happened) was a godsend. :p
Looks like it. I've around 140h in CP77, around 5 playthroughs in W3 and whopping around 1760h in Skyrim/SkyrimSE. I only wish that CDPR have made it so that there is a time in CP77 where player can freely explore whole city/Badlands and roleplay an actual mercenary, before hurrying and forcing the main quest.

The issue with exploration in this game is that it doesn't make any sense storywise. The main character is a dying man/woman who have about two weeks to find a solution to the problem of removing from his/her body a thing that's killing him/her. If I'm roleplaying, because it's suppose to be a ducking RPG, then how on earth am I suppose to justify roaming all over Badlands? The worst thing is, CDPR could've easily remedy this by giving player time to explore the city between Sandra Dorset gig and the heist on Yorinobu's apartment. Sure, you can explore Watson before it, but the rest of the city is closed to you. It could've also been a great opportunity to bond with Jackie, instead of putting a half-assed 6 months montage.

Basically, you can either roleplay OR explore in this game. There is no way to do both with it making any sense.

Can you actually die from the Relic/Johnny taking over? Or is it just a looming threat to prod you along? I haven't seen this actually happen outside of the endings. My second playthrough was definitely not rushed, making an effort to do EVERYTHING before going past the PONR so many days were skipped sleeping/waiting.

Can you actually die from the Relic/Johnny taking over? Or is it just a looming threat to prod you along? I haven't seen this actually happen outside of the endings. My second playthrough was definitely not rushed, making an effort to do EVERYTHING before going past the PONR so many days were skipped sleeping/waiting.
No, it's just an artifical threat, with no implications if player decides to just ignore it.

"EXPLORING IS KINDA POINTLESS"

If you're on PC, you should try to go beyond the boundaries and do some exiting mountain biking.

mem.png

Exploring is fun as hell! I explore the shit out of Night City and all the Badlands too. There are a ton of Legendary finds out there. Here is a screenshot of just the lower half of the city showing just part of the hidden gems, not even showing the top half of the city or all the Badlands and I've cleaned half of those out and you can't see them anymore. Second screenshot of just one of those hidden gems you can find.
View attachment 11161103
View attachment 11161103
View attachment 11161106
View attachment 11161106
If I wanted a "Parkour simulator" I would have looked for one.

When you explore you will know that your sins can be forgiven for as little as 6 eurodollars.
I mean, quite meaningless by itself, but in the context of this dystopian city, i think it adds to the depth of the game!
View attachment 11165012

Man, I dropped so many eddies in that machine, yet I still feel dirty as a joytoy's rear port.

Top Bottom