Exploring is kinda pointless

+
Fallout 4 had exactly the same problem in 2015. Bethesda mostly focused on creating DLCs and the empty base game remained largely so, until a group of truly dedicated modders led by Kris Takahashi came together and fixed it with Atomic Radio and Tales from the Commonwealth

I don't think we can expect the same boon to occur for CP2077, mostly because this game is pretty close-sourced and the modding kit (if it exists at all) would never reach the height of Creation Engine.

So I guess this severely empty open world is entirely CDPR's to deal with. Guess we'll wait and see.
But definitely there is much to be desired

Meh each to there own tbh

I explore skyim

I look about night city

There is nowhere unmarked in NC where i can go an get lost for 2hours exploring, i can go look round a corner and find a legendary sure but you soon realise it will probably be put in stash anyhow, theres nowhere to lose yourself so to speak, i cant go into a mega building and get lost in the maze of floors for instance or go into subway tunnels or sewers, not looking for loot but out of genuine curiousity as to were it will lead

I remember exploring in skyrim and entering a small normal looking cave entrance beside a wee pool and the next thing i knew i was in dwemmer ruins then the huge underground cavern of blackreach and a few hours had past, now thats exploring.

Im not saying what we do in CP is bad, im happy with it, i just dont regard it much as exploring

My favorite is all the shops with the glowing "Now Open" signs that are locked.

Who cares when you can beat all the fights with random loot drop weapons?
Post automatically merged:

I don't know where your looking but most of the stuff I find is badass.

Do you not like to explore and find hidden loot? If not then this game isn't for you and you should move on to something else.

I love doing that in Skyrim, because there seems a point to doing it when you find something that can really make a difference in fights and survival.

That's not really the case here, so going looking for legendaries just to say you have them does seem pointless.

photomode_29012021_193838.jpg

20210128195432_1.jpg

20210124191504_1.jpg

20210110202044_1.jpg

cult.jpg

You were saying...?

There so many perks and mods for underwater and blsound suppression when none of those exist.. as a full mechanic.

Exploring is fun as hell! I explore the shit out of Night City and all the Badlands too. There are a ton of Legendary finds out there. Here is a screenshot of just the lower half of the city showing just part of the hidden gems, not even showing the top half of the city or all the Badlands and I've cleaned half of those out and you can't see them anymore. Second screenshot of just one of those hidden gems you can find.
View attachment 11161103
View attachment 11161103
View attachment 11161106
View attachment 11161106
Yup i did all of them and then the city feels more empty, all the gems are minor environment stuff..e.g a dead body. I was hoping for some quests..

There so many perks and mods for underwater and blsound suppression when none of those exist.. as a full mechanic.

Yup i did all of them and then the city feels more empty, all the gems are minor environment stuff..e.g a dead body. I was hoping for some quests..
Oh well, to each there own. It’s fun for me.

I found this when exploring:

View attachment 11161076

And I am like: "Cool, there must be some next-level easter egg inside. Right?"

No.

View attachment 11161079

Ok. I go someplace else.

View attachment 11161082

And I am like: "Cool mountain, there must be some next-level easter egg on the top. Right?"

No.

View attachment 11161085

I did every side mission, main mission, gig, everything.

There is no point in exploration if everything interesting is blocked and you do not know where can you go.

Witcher 3: "You see that mountain? You can go there".
Cyberpunk: "You see that mountain? Turn Back".
I think part of the problem for me, personally, was that I already had the guides to finding legendary gear out and done quite early in the game, so when I got near the end and wanted to explore, there was nothing interesting left loot-wise.
If I'd been more careful in that respect I probably would have been pleasantly surprised a little more often now I'm starting to run out of cyberpunk...
Maybe there's a chance they'll add more stuff as time goes on and the dlcs appear.?

After awhile of exploring, I came to the conclusion that all doors are locked and exploration isn't rewarded with loot or surprise quests. So I just went straight from quest marker to quest marker.

Someone mentioned exploration like in Skyrim, definitely not that here.

I think limited exploration is perfectly fine in a tight narrative experience, but not an open world.

Still had fun in the game... But was disappointed.

When I was a noob I spent so much time at the landfill checking all the trash expecting to find something very valuable, this was still when I was under the assumption the open world in this game was deep, and would reward you for such foolish endeavors.
Like doors in the city. It seems like non-quest doors are either locked or are not really doors. I guess if the devs wanted to hide a secret in the game, all they would have to do is pick some door to put it behind. It could be years before players found it. :)

I don't know where your looking but most of the stuff I find is badass.

Do you not like to explore and find hidden loot? If not then this game isn't for you and you should move on to something else.

Honestly, it would be awesome to find amazing loot if the game combat was more balanced.

You have no idea how this pissed me the F'K off.
Lol I think that was the first thing all of us tried to do in this game, try to enter a store only to figure out everything is locked

Last edited:
Coming out of Barry's room, less than 100 steps from V's place:
OpenWorld.png

If you use double jump to see what is one floor below you get an auto flatline.

Go exploring they said. It'll be fun they said. You can't even join the cops talk in Barry's room because of an invisible wall. No "Please leave us alone!", no reaction at all. Just an invisible wall right next to the auto flatline area. Rest of exploring was not better. This is no open world by a long shot.

Meh each to there own tbh

I explore skyim

I look about night city

There is nowhere unmarked in NC where i can go an get lost for 2hours exploring, i can go look round a corner and find a legendary sure but you soon realise it will probably be put in stash anyhow, theres nowhere to lose yourself so to speak, i cant go into a mega building and get lost in the maze of floors for instance or go into subway tunnels or sewers, not looking for loot but out of genuine curiousity as to were it will lead

I remember exploring in skyrim and entering a small normal looking cave entrance beside a wee pool and the next thing i knew i was in dwemmer ruins then the huge underground cavern of blackreach and a few hours had past, now thats exploring.

Im not saying what we do in CP is bad, im happy with it, i just dont regard it much as exploring

Same but i just decon the legendary stuff, i find them lacklustre and the RNG on end game items is fucking retarded imho. Loved exploring skyrim, witcher 3 and recently Valhalla Assassins creed, but try doing anything remotely like that in CP2077 :(

View attachment 11161076

And I am like: "Cool, there must be some next-level easter egg inside. Right?"

No.

View attachment 11161079

Ok. I go someplace else.

View attachment 11161082

And I am like: "Cool mountain, there must be some next-level easter egg on the top. Right?"

No.

View attachment 11161085

I did every side mission, main mission, gig, everything.

There is no point in exploration if everything interesting is blocked and you do not know where can you go.

Witcher 3: "You see that mountain? You can go there".
Cyberpunk: "You see that mountain? Turn Back".
Yeah same here, Once it's done its done!

I was hoping to play this game for years to come. Much like the oft mentioned skyrim or witcher 3. Played through CP and all side missions, most gigs and random crap. After that, there is just nothing.

There is no choice that matters, the background of your character doesn't matter, (aside from maybe the 5 minutes it takes to play through the beginning missions) and with the lack of interactions in the world and the non existant ai, I found no reason to continue to play it.

I have just reinstalled skyrim and a whole pile of mods. Despite it being almost a decade old, I can guarantee I will get far more enjoyment, and for a much longer period, than what I got from this on rails looter-shooter.

I really hope CDPR can come back and fix this to the point we all saw in the pre release videos, but I am afraid the problems are just far too much for them to bother trying to fix. Don't forget, they think the PC release was 'fine.'

I played on a top end PC with everything maxed, and aside from the city itself and a few of the main characters, most people and a lot of other things like vehicles were just ugly and not at all what I had been expecting.

Very disappointed.

Top Bottom