Exploring is kinda pointless

+
Coming out of Barry's room, less than 100 steps from V's place:View attachment 11161874
If you use double jump to see what is one floor below you get an auto flatline.

Go exploring they said. It'll be fun they said. You can't even join the cops talk in Barry's room because of an invisible wall. No "Please leave us alone!", no reaction at all. Just an invisible wall right next to the auto flatline area. Rest of exploring was not better. This is no open world by a long shot.

There are far too many "Step out of bounds and insta-die" areas, some without any warning or making any logical sense.

Now it is at least. Perhaps you should have coverd up this thread behind a spoiler warning so new players can keep the illusion of this game being a great exploration game untill they learn the truth.

If you loose youself aroud there are a lot to explore, but nothing compared to Fallout new vegas or Fallout 4 (and no, skyrim is not this open as most peolpe think, when you enter in an unmarked cave most time you find a very little cave, some shitty treasure and some more shitty monster) fallout (3 [in some way] 4 e new vegas) in other end is much more open, thanks also to mods thanks to project like The N.V. Interiors Project or The Beantown Interiors Project, if you remove this project fallout, skyrim (edit: i forgot also to say that skyrim lives also for the big boobs, skimpy armor and souless female companion with big tits, big ass ans skimpy dress [except some rare case]) is as empty as CP 2077, so in the end fallout and skyrim live today because of the modder, so probably if possible to open up the doors and fill them of content, if the modders have the right instruments.

Last edited:
If you loose youself aroud there are a lot to explore, but nothing compared to Fallout new vegas or Fallout 4 (and no, skyrim is not this open as most peolpe think, when you enter in an unmarked cave most time you find a very little cave, some shitty treasure and some more shitty monster) fallout (3 [in some way] 4 e new vegas) in other end is much more open, thanks also to mods thanks to project likeThe N.V. Interiors Project or The Beantown Interiors Project, if you remove this project fallout, skyrim (edit: i forgot also to say that skyrim lives also for the big boobs, skimpy armor and souless female companion with big tits, big ass ans skimpy dress [except some rare case]) is as empty as CP 2077, so in the end fallout and skyrim live today because of the modder, so probably if possible to open up the doors and fill them of content, if the modders have the right instruments.
The BIG difference between Skyrim and Fallout vs Cyberpunk is that they respawn areas and have unscripted Ai interactions that make each visit to areas different and unique. Once you "clear the map" in Cyberpunk, it's cleared. You can find enemies that respawn to some extent, but they are just hanging out and not really doing anything but waiting to be shot.

The BIG difference between Skyrim and Fallout vs Cyberpunk is that they respawn areas and have unscripted Ai interactions that make each visit to areas different and unique. Once you "clear the map" in Cyberpunk, it's cleared. You can find enemies that respawn to some extent, but they are just hanging out and not really doing anything but waiting to be shot.
for what to kill the same monster, or to get the same shitty drop? and this is exploring? LOL
Game like fallout or skirym live thanks to the modder, not to the base game

for what to kill the same monster, or to get the same shitty drop? and this is exploring? LOL

Sure, some areas have the same spawns, but there is still an element of randomness, especially when just out in the wilderness wandering around. You can load a save, walk down a path and encounter a pack of wolves attacking a bear. Reload that same exact save and walk down the same exact path and you could encounter a trader, or bandits, or bandits attacking a trader. That's what makes Skyrim and Fallout so special and enduring. I have yet to see any unscripted event happen in Cyberpunk. I've never come around the corner of an alley and seen Tyger Claws duking it out with Animals over turf that wasn't a scripted, non-repeatable event. The respawns are static, always the same, with no variation and no "life" to them.

Sure, some areas have the same spawns, but there is still an element of randomness, especially when just out in the wilderness wandering around. You can load a save, walk down a path and encounter a pack of wolves attacking a bear. Reload that same exact save and walk down the same exact path and you could encounter a trader, or bandits, or bandits attacking a trader. That's what makes Skyrim and Fallout so special and enduring. I have yet to see any unscripted event happen in Cyberpunk. I've never come around the corner of an alley and seen Tyger Claws duking it out with Animals over turf that wasn't a scripted, non-repeatable event. The respawns are static, always the same, with no variation and no "life" to them.
I repeat a random non-scripet encouter can be fun, maybe the first 10 times, but after this it becomes boring, also random encounter is not exploring.
Post automatically merged:

I've replayed Skyrim countless times, my timers on Steam for both Oldrim and Special Edition sums up to 1760 hours, yet apart from unofficial patches I haven't modded the game even once. So no, Skyrim overall is just a better open world game with a lot better exploration.
i have up to 2000 (up to 700+ hours in fallout 4, up to 500 hours in fallout 3, up to 600 hour in new vegas) hour in skyrim and i finished the game once, but the 2000 hour is not thanks to the base game, but thanks to the modder, with new adventure (enderal for once), treausure hunting and so on, you can speak as much as you want but the base skyrim game is pretty shitty, the first thing every skyrim player do just after installing skyrim is modding

Last edited:
I repeat a random non-scripet encouter can be fun, maybe the first 10 times, but after this it becomes boring, also random encounter is not exploring.
So, what is more rewarding to exploring?
A random encounter, or an empty alley with absolutely nothing there? Or even an alley with a set, static event that never varies?
And you say the random events are not exploring, but in Skyrim and fallout, coming across them is a direct result of just that. Wandering the world, walking the roads, poking your nose into the hidden unmarked corners of the world. Some of these are not random, the hidden room with the named pistol under the bridge type of thing which are cool to find the first time, but after your 3rd playthrough you already know it's there. The random aspects of things are what make the wandering and exploring fun and what make each playthrough a somewhat unique experience.

And I've got over 1k hours each in Skyrim and Fallout 4, both heavily modded. But none of the mods I used actually added much content quest wise. I mainly added weapons and armors, crafting overhauls, gameplay tweaks, etc.

Last edited:
So, what is more rewarding to exploring?
A random encounter, or an empty alley with absolutely nothing there? Or even an alley with a set, static event that never varies?
And you say the random events are not exploring, but in Skyrim and fallout, coming across them is a direct result of just that. Wandering the world, walking the roads, poking your nose into the hidden unmarked corners of the world. Some of these are not random, the hidden room with the named pistol under the bridge type of thing which are cool to find the first time, but after your 3rd playthrough you already know it's there. The random aspects of things are what make the wandering and exploring fun and what make each playthrough a somewhat unique experience.
a door to open, a palace to explore, an hidden cavern to find, this is exploring, not some shitty random encounter, i repeat the beauty of fallout (overlall) and skyrim in most part is due to the modders, not to the base game, lets talk about CP 2077 in 2-3 years when the good modders come in, not now that the nexus is up to aesthetic and nudity

a door to open, a palace to explore, an hidden cavern to find, this is exploring, not some shitty random encounter, i repeat the beauty of fallout (overlall) and skyrim in most part is due to the modders, not to the base game, lets talk about CP 2077 in 2-3 years when the good modders come in, not now that the nexus is up to aesthetic and nudity

"a door to open, a palace to explore, an hidden cavern to find" All of these things exist in the base game, and the draw to going there is you are not always assured of what you will find there. This promotes replayability, and that they respawn promotes revisiting them as well. Modding just adds to this diversity of encounters that already exists in the base game. The base framework is already there, and this base framework seems to be missing in CP. I hope modders can fix this in CP, but without it I don't see the game enduring for 10+ years like Skyrim has.

Exploring is great! Often i go to weird places that seem inaccessible and find some cool stuff or back story :)

Of course, not all of those places have something, that would be just dumb. One of the things getting hidden items is surprise, if all places would have something it would not be called exploring but looting.

"a door to open, a palace to explore, an hidden cavern to find" All of these things exist in the base game, and the draw to going there is you are not always assured of what you will find there. This promotes replayability, and that they respawn promotes revisiting them as well. Modding just adds to this diversity of encounters that already exists in the base game. The base framework is already there, and this base framework seems to be missing in CP. I hope modders can fix this in CP, but without it I don't see the game enduring for 10+ years like Skyrim has.
Modders add a lot, to the base game (for all the beth game, the modders the core of this games) now before our eyes we have CP the base game, as bad as most of the beth games lets talk about this in 2-3 years, nowdays most of the games have not long live, they become almost "immortals" when the modders come in, so we'll see in three years, when the game has all his DLC and expansion, as always the better comes later, much later

I don't know what you're talking about, Fallout New Vegas is a great game with no mods
good AI, actual choices and consequences, great story, great characters, great atmosphere, great faction system etc etc. A 2010 game.

I was hoping to play this game for years to come. Much like the oft mentioned skyrim or witcher 3. Played through CP and all side missions, most gigs and random crap. After that, there is just nothing.

There is no choice that matters, the background of your character doesn't matter, (aside from maybe the 5 minutes it takes to play through the beginning missions) and with the lack of interactions in the world and the non existant ai, I found no reason to continue to play it.

I have just reinstalled skyrim and a whole pile of mods. Despite it being almost a decade old, I can guarantee I will get far more enjoyment, and for a much longer period, than what I got from this on rails looter-shooter.

I really hope CDPR can come back and fix this to the point we all saw in the pre release videos, but I am afraid the problems are just far too much for them to bother trying to fix. Don't forget, they think the PC release was 'fine.'

I played on a top end PC with everything maxed, and aside from the city itself and a few of the main characters, most people and a lot of other things like vehicles were just ugly and not at all what I had been expecting.

Very disappointed.
Here's hoping they do a reboot like FF did and Anthem are doing, but yeh the horse bolted the corral.

Guest 3847602

This promotes replayability, and that they respawn promotes revisiting them as well.
In other words - repetition and infinite grind. Nothing particularly rewarding or immersive about it. It also makes doing points of interest completely pointless because my actions have zero impact on the world. I like my enemies to stay dead and areas I've cleared to stay free of gangsters (or Militech forces). When I wish for replayability I like creating a new character and starting the game from scratch. Not Groundhog Day: The Game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom