Exploring is kinda pointless

+
Promise, expectation, and .... disappointment

burgerthat.jpg

I dont get how people can say they have over 300 hrs and still explore and grinding away..there isn't that much to explore in the way of hours unless you are playing with your eyes closed..it isn't that huge of a map and its quite easy to see everywhere and everything with 100-150hrs..this game is pretty empty..most doors are locked and there isn't many things to do in activities..

In other words - repetition and infinite grind. Nothing particularly rewarding or immersive about it. It also makes doing points of interest completely pointless because my actions have zero impact on the world. I like my enemies to stay dead and areas I've cleared to stay free of gangsters (or Militech forces). When I wish for replayability I like creating a new character and starting the game from scratch. Not Groundhog Day: The Game.

i had to catch my Coffee there, replayablility is 0 in CP 2077 because is 100% Linear in it's design. how anybody doesn't get this i facepalm.
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpunk was the first time where I thought maybe CDPR should ditch open world. It's mostly pointless and the city feels like a backdrop, not a place with secrets or cool areas to discover. I disagree that it's just like TW3. Turning off map markers and exploring in that game was rewarding. No it's not like Skyrim or Red Dead, but CDPR had a different focus for TW3 as it's primarily narrative driven, not a sandbox style experience that allows you to do anything. I still feel the city was primarily designed with multiplayer in mind, or the devs weren't given enough time to make gameplay gel with exploration as so many elements feel half assed.

Yup, whomever did the work on W3 never did work on this i don't care what anybody says, you can see it and feel it. CP2077 is nothing in comparison. The side quests alone in W3 were memorable moments, in CP2077 0 just a tick off a check list or xp bonus.

Last edited:
I dont get how people can say they have over 300 hrs and still explore and grinding away..there isn't that much to explore in the way of hours unless you are playing with your eyes closed..it isn't that huge of a map and its quite easy to see everywhere and everything with 100-150hrs..this game is pretty empty..most doors are locked and there isn't many things to do in activities..
As your point level goes up in a skill it requires more and more XP to improve it to the next level, so shooting/slicing/punching your way to level 20 will take time even in a place like Pacifica which has a lot of mooks respawning in a relatively small area.

When you explore you will know that your sins can be forgiven for as little as 6 eurodollars.
I mean, quite meaningless by itself, but in the context of this dystopian city, i think it adds to the depth of the game!
sins.png

I was hoping to play this game for years to come. Much like the oft mentioned skyrim or witcher 3. Played through CP and all side missions, most gigs and random crap. After that, there is just nothing.

There is no choice that matters, the background of your character doesn't matter, (aside from maybe the 5 minutes it takes to play through the beginning missions) and with the lack of interactions in the world and the non existant ai, I found no reason to continue to play it.

I have just reinstalled skyrim and a whole pile of mods. Despite it being almost a decade old, I can guarantee I will get far more enjoyment, and for a much longer period, than what I got from this on rails looter-shooter.

I really hope CDPR can come back and fix this to the point we all saw in the pre release videos, but I am afraid the problems are just far too much for them to bother trying to fix. Don't forget, they think the PC release was 'fine.'

I played on a top end PC with everything maxed, and aside from the city itself and a few of the main characters, most people and a lot of other things like vehicles were just ugly and not at all what I had been expecting.

Very disappointed.

a whole lot of mods is key there

Summarizing Cyberpunk 2077's exploration by just going to the dump next door is a bit too much. Granted, it's not an interesting place to explore, but that's not a reason to sum up entirely what the game has to offer.

Well I guess it's not everybody's cup of tea but it sure is mine. I love this game and I just don't understand everybody's hate for it. If y'all hate it so much then don't play it... easy squeezy
Its not that we hate it..we were lied to and given this cut up empty game..there really isn't anything to..600hrs sounds like all you can do now is just walk around and shoot at gangs..exploring the entire map and finishing all the missions and gigs does not take too long..but right on if you are still enjoying it..

Its not that we hate it..we were lied to and given this cut up empty game..there really isn't anything to..600hrs sounds like all you can do now is just walk around and shoot at gangs..exploring the entire map and finishing all the missions and gigs does not take too long..but right on if you are still enjoying it..
Says who, you? To each their own, you really should give the game a chance but I guess you will be you. Yes I've put in over 600+ hours and plan to put another 600 into it. Impo it has great replayability.

How much are they paying you?
LOL If only I could get paid for playing games. Nah it's cool, I know it's not for everyone, aside from the crashing a couple times daily I really like it. ...but who's to say that something else wont come along to pique my interest to pull me away from this one.

The issue with exploration in this game is that it doesn't make any sense storywise. The main character is a dying man/woman who have about two weeks to find a solution to the problem of removing from his/her body a thing that's killing him/her. If I'm roleplaying, because it's suppose to be a ducking RPG, then how on earth am I suppose to justify roaming all over Badlands? The worst thing is, CDPR could've easily remedy this by giving player time to explore the city between Sandra Dorset gig and the heist on Yorinobu's apartment. Sure, you can explore Watson before it, but the rest of the city is closed to you. It could've also been a great opportunity to bond with Jackie, instead of putting a half-assed 6 months montage.

Basically, you can either roleplay OR explore in this game. There is no way to do both with it making any sense.

The issue with exploration in this game is that it doesn't make any sense storywise. The main character is a dying man/woman who have about two weeks to find a solution to the problem of removing from his/her body a thing that's killing him/her. If I'm roleplaying, because it's suppose to be a ducking RPG, then how on earth am I suppose to justify roaming all over Badlands? The worst thing is, CDPR could've easily remedy this by giving player time to explore the city between Sandra Dorset gig and the heist on Yorinobu's apartment. Sure, you can explore Watson before it, but the rest of the city is closed to you. It could've also been a great opportunity to bond with Jackie, instead of putting a half-assed 6 months montage.

Basically, you can either roleplay OR explore in this game. There is no way to do both with it making any sense.
I agree , but I'm also pretty sure people would shout even more if they couldn't explore the open-world as they wanted to if we have a time limit:ok:

I agree , but I'm also pretty sure people would shout even more if they couldn't explore the open-world as they wanted to if we have a time limit:ok:
That's exactly why instead of time limit I proposed the solution of unlocking the city between Sandra Dorset gig and the heist. Limiting is never a good idea in RPGs. Unfortunately CDPR doesn't seem to understand this and they are either limiting exploration (only Watson available before the heist) or roleplaying (artificial time limit on the dying PC after the heist).

Guest 3847602

The issue with exploration in this game is that it doesn't make any sense storywise.
It makes no more or less sense than in any other narrative driven RPG. Story almost always have some element that implies urgency and you're always able to divert your attention to side quests and side activities in pretty much any game with such content. It's just a matter of whether you feel the story is worthy of suspending disbelief.

Top Bottom