Exploring the Witcher 3

+
Is there any way to hide player position cursor on the world map? I want to make a screenshot for the wiki, but position cursor is in the way.

Last edited:
Thanks. This looks like a permanent switch, I was looking for some kind of toggle. For now I just worked around it by moving away from the location.
Post automatically merged:

Also, is there some way to take screenshots without Geralt being in the way? I suppose free camera mod is one option, but I didn't yet experiment with it.

Looks like free camera mod is some dll hack, so I'd rather avoid that. Not sure if there are other way to unlock the camera. But I found a more flexible than xy(x, y) teleportation console command!

Code:
tptopos(x,y,z)

Now you can control Z axis as well! You can teleport somewhere to mesosphere :)

Last edited:
Just found a herd of wild horses in Skellige. Following @Draconifors' suggestion, I used Axii one one, and was able to ride it. Untamed horse naturally doesn't let you do it :)

Hm, that's confusing. I just noticed that beast oil applies to the silver sword. But isn't steel sword supposed to be used against them?

Last edited:
Hello,
There are corpse laying on the shore where pointed on map in one of Skellige little islands, glowing red. Anyone knows what task it is connected with?

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Hello,
There are corpse laying on the shore where pointed on map in one of Skellige little islands, glowing red. Anyone knows what task it is connected with?

If you hunt around the isles, you'll find the aftermath of many interesting situations. It's visual story-telling, much like the Dark Souls series. Some of these things require a little obsertavtion work to deduce...others are just strange circumstances with no sure answer.

Just some nice screenshots (Skellige at night). On the mountain path to Fornhala:

Fornhala has some kind of ancient carvings on the stones, possibly using runic alphabet?

It's surely different form the one used on the elven tombstones.

Last edited:
Is depth of field setting supposed to make distant objects blurry? May be I didn't notice it before, but turning it off actually makes distant things a lot sharper.

And for some reason this only happens in certain locations, not everywhere.

Example:

depth of field off:

depth of field on:

Note how much blurrier the mountain in the distance is. I've never noticed such effect before. And weirdly, in some other locations I tested, this doesn't happen.

OK, this is getting weird. I opened an older save, in Fornhala. And things are sharp in the distance. In my current game, if I go to Fornhala, things are blurry in the distance. That doesn't make sense. Should I just find an older save that's still sharp and continue from there? And how exactly does this happen?

Last edited:
Is depth of field setting supposed to make distant objects blurry?

I love when glaring holes like this appear in fairly comprehensive knowledge. (I remember seeing loving all of the Mad Max films as a kid, but it wasn't until I was in high school that I learned they're supposed to be set in Australia. For all those years, I wondered why they had everyone speaking with Australian or British accents. :ROFLMAO:)

Yes, Depth of Field is a technique that simulates a camera's lens focus. So, it's most often used in games to either blur distant terrain to give a greater effect of scale, or to blur whatever the "eye" is not focused on (such as this mod for Skyrim).

It should be working as per your images if ON. If your other saved game is not displaying the blur shader when ON, that's probably a glitch from either a mod / reference data corruption.

I suppose then, I've been playing it with depth of field on, while it was really off somehow until now, and then suddenly started working. It really looks worse with all that blurriness in the distance.

I suppose then, I've been playing it with depth of field on, while it was really off somehow until now, and then suddenly started working. It really looks worse with all that blurriness in the distance.

Subjective, as with most things. I like DoF quite a bit. Chormatic Aberration, however...what's wrong with the world??? :p

Top Bottom